have you all seen Joe Rogan vs Carlos(Ned) Mencia?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » have you all seen Joe Rogan vs Carlos(Ned) Mencia?
Next Page »
Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 5:52:17AM
haha

did you all hear what Joe Rogan did to Carlos Mencia accusing him of stealing jokes?

Joe Rogan Pwnage of Carlos Mencia

i know its off topic and nothing to do with MMA,but i wanted to share it with you all and discuss

they should settle this in the cage!!!
crimethinc
2/16/07 6:27:54AM
Maybe it's because Carlos Mencia is a piece of sh@t and a drain on the world of stand-up comedy which Joe Rogan is also a part of. I'm a huge supporter of any pain and suffering brought forth against Mencia. Be it by Joe Rogan, myself, or a car accident I'll take anything.
mrsumo
2/16/07 6:35:26AM
I just saw that tonight on break.com. I liked how they backed up all his (joes) accusations with video. I still think mencia is funny, but he should pay out for the jokes he stole.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 6:35:33AM

Posted by crimethinc

Maybe it's because Carlos Mencia is a piece of sh@t and a drain on the world of stand-up comedy which Joe Rogan is also a part of. I'm a huge supporter of any pain and suffering brought forth against Mencia. Be it by Joe Rogan, myself, or a car accident I'll take anything.

...you're the devil!!!!

anyways...kinda sucks for mencia,he was really put in the spot right there.....poor Ned!

this video is all over YouTube but Carlos mencia's lawyer is making youtube delete them as they come in,but Joe Rogan has asked many of his fellow soldiers from his website forums to help him flood Youtube with this video and as i can see...they are doing it
Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 6:38:21AM

Posted by mrsumo

I just saw that tonight on break.com. I liked how they backed up all his (joes) accusations with video. I still think mencia is funny, but he should pay out for the jokes he stole.

yeah man..dont get me wrong..mencia still makes me laugh,in fact i am watching my old Tivo'd shows right now

i just wonder if he can still go on and perform in live shows after all this..
mrsumo
2/16/07 6:50:50AM
Maybe it's a publicity thing, like Andy Kauffman. It's hard to believe that if there was the confrontation between them they would let joe stay on stage and give him a mic.
crimethinc
2/16/07 6:56:20AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by crimethinc

...you're the devil!!!!

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

But seriously, all of Mencia's stand-up is all ethnic garbage. He's the kind of guy that if he had been born caucasian where race is really hot button he wouldn't even be in the stand up world because he would have no act. He thinks he's considered "edgy" if he says the word "beaner" 250 times. Mind of Mencia is all safe topical issues from like three years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts doind jokes about the Nixon Administration. Whenever his show comes on I have anxiety attacks and have to change the channel or I start to throw up in my mouth a little.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 2:46:47PM

Posted by crimethinc

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by crimethinc

...you're the devil!!!!

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

But seriously, all of Mencia's stand-up is all ethnic garbage. He's the kind of guy that if he had been born caucasian where race is really hot button he wouldn't even be in the stand up world because he would have no act. He thinks he's considered "edgy" if he says the word "beaner" 250 times. Mind of Mencia is all safe topical issues from like three years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts doind jokes about the Nixon Administration. Whenever his show comes on I have anxiety attacks and have to change the channel or I start to throw up in my mouth a little.

"throw up in my mouth a little"

you stole that joke from the movie Dodgeball

hehe...
Rampage_Soldier
2/16/07 4:12:57PM
Yup. I posted a thread about this yesterday in The Padded Room.

This is no "andy kaufman" staged confrontation...this is the real deal...Rogan's been going off about it for awhile. Wouldn't you get pissed if someone stole your ideas and tried to take credit for it?
Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 4:34:26PM

Posted by Rampage_Soldier

This is no "andy kaufman" staged confrontation...this is the real deal...Rogan's been going off about it for awhile. Wouldn't you get pissed if someone stole your ideas and tried to take credit for it?

sorry i stole your idea of this thread from Thr Padded Room

nah...i didnt know you had already posted this...i dont even visit the padded room...but i will now
loller90278
2/16/07 5:11:06PM
hehe nice vid
at least mencia showed some balls and didnt back out

DoTheMMAth
2/16/07 5:47:22PM
War Joe! I'd be PO'd too
Trapt1nw0nder
2/16/07 6:12:08PM
that bobby lee is hilarious!!!

"anyways,good to see you"
fedorwins1
2/16/07 6:29:52PM
I just saw it today it was funny as anything I loved how he was saying he's never even heard of some of the guys he stole stuff from lol
Rampage_Soldier
2/16/07 7:15:02PM
I hope you didn't take that the wrong way...I was referring to how Mencia stole other comedians' ideas and how Rogan is pissed at Mencia.

Now Mencia is the one being a lil *itch, having his lawyer contact youtube to take down those videos. Good thing Rogan caught on and told his loyal forum posters to flood youtube with duplicate videos. My link to the video is still up....for now. I saw another duplicate that got removed, "This video is no longer available due to copyright violations of Carlos Mencia."

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Rampage_Soldier

This is no "andy kaufman" staged confrontation...this is the real deal...Rogan's been going off about it for awhile.
Wouldn't you get pissed if someone stole your ideas and tried to take credit for it? /QUOTE]

sorry i stole your idea of this thread from Thr Padded Room

nah...i didnt know you had already posted this...i dont even visit the padded room...but i will now

OB_Juan
2/16/07 8:04:27PM
I absolutely freakin HATE Mencia. His annoying racist schtick is lame at best. I want to smash my TV everytime I hear that goddam "duh duh duh".
DirtySouthBoss
2/17/07 7:30:43PM
Mr. Rogan>Ned
Rampage_Soldier
2/17/07 10:08:34PM

hippysmacker
2/18/07 12:40:41AM
I saw the video. Shame that Mencia might still be around. When they tagged this guy to replsce Dave Chappelle I thought he would be funny. Needless to say I was sorely dissapointed.
Svartorm
2/18/07 4:21:44AM
This is kind of Joe Rogans gimmick. He did the same thing to Dane Cook a year or so ago. Honestly I don't think they even intent to steal from each other, but when you're a comic, doing 300 shows a year with other comics, you're bound to rip off someone and not even realize it.

Its similar with that muscians go through, where they occasionally steal a riff and don't even realize it.
EEKS
2/18/07 7:34:17AM
I despise ned so much, his comedy bits completely suck, its crap i used to hear in middle school, if youre gnna steal jokes you should steal better material.
mmadb
2/18/07 11:10:10AM

Posted by Svartorm

This is kind of Joe Rogans gimmick. He did the same thing to Dane Cook a year or so ago. Honestly I don't think they even intent to steal from each other, but when you're a comic, doing 300 shows a year with other comics, you're bound to rip off someone and not even realize it.

Its similar with that muscians go through, where they occasionally steal a riff and don't even realize it.

A riff is not 13 minutes of material usually!

But ya, I agree, it is kind of inevitable but I think his is more blatantly obvious.
Svartorm
2/18/07 5:44:17PM
Thats a little less excusable, but just wanted to point out this does happen now and again, and that Joe Rogan has done this before.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/19/07 9:41:18AM
lol...i was just watching UFC 63 Penn/Hughes.

when swick was entering the cage to fight Loiseau...

.Rogan said "Mike Swick is a man on a medioric rise right now..."

then Mike Goldberg interupts and says.. "hey,thats my line"

Rogan: "is that your line?...i dont care,i'll steal it!...i just Carlos Mencia'd your line"

they both laugh...buahahaha

i have a feeling they set that up so they could diss Carlos Mencia on the air...
madmarck
2/19/07 1:51:46PM

Posted by mmadb

Posted by Svartorm

A riff is not 13 minutes of material usually!

But ya, I agree, it is kind of inevitable but I think his is more blatantly obvious.

Yeah George Lopez siad that he counted 13 full minutes of his work in a hour long special by Carlos. Thats ******. read Joe Rogans website on the topic.
It says that Carlos Mencia is half german half hondouran. Not Mexican at all. He also says that Carlos' real name is Ned.
War Joe Rogan.
Rampage_Soldier
2/20/07 2:11:39AM
After Ned got owned by Joe as seen in the video, he's done the following:

1. Had his lawyer contact youtube to take down "Ned gets owned at the comedy store" videos. "This video has been removed due to copyright violations of Carlos Menstealia."

2. Caused the Comedy Store to side with Ned because of his greater pulling power to bring customers to the store. Now, Joe has been "fired" (asked to take a break) from the comedy store after 13+ years with Joe.

3. Since Joe and Ned share the same agent, Ned put up a fuss and demanded an apology from Joe or Ned threatened to find another agent. Agent contacted Joe and asked him to apologize to Ned which Joe refused which the agent then ended their business relationship with Joe.

My sources of info were straight from joerogan.net...the main page daily blogs of Joe. I hope this discourages up and coming comedians to steal material. Someone as fake as ned should not be as successful as he is. Just think if Joe had never said a word about this, I certainly would of never known he stole material and he'd probably still be doing it to this day getting rich and fat while he re-words and re-enacts other comedians' material.
OB_Juan
2/20/07 2:34:20AM

Posted by Svartorm

The way he was denying it so hard and calling Joe a fukn liar and even denying all of the other incidents that there was concrete proof of... it's pretty clear Mencia is completely full of shite.
Svartorm
2/20/07 3:17:14AM
Oh, I'm certainly not saying Mencia is in the right here, but I'm just saying that you CAN accidently swipe a joke. Not a whole pile of them, but there will always be similarities, or two guys coming up with the same joke.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/20/07 4:14:00AM
even before all this happened i had always noticed Jokes that i had already heard before coming from Car....i mean...Ned

i do agree that he steals alot of jokes but i still think at least 80% of his material is legit

i just hope he learns his lesson...if i were him i would be hiding under a rock,inside a cave...........on an other planet right now
aceprone
2/20/07 4:16:23AM
there's a thread on sherdog about this. And it's a new one where a radio guy interviews Carlos and talks about up coming skits on the show and Carlos talks about a skit about Sterotype Olympics. After Carlos goes through explaining the skit and leaves the interview, the radio guy goes public and talks about how a radio show in Florida came up with the same idea months ago and him and a co host have emails to prove they came up with the idea before Carlos. I wish I could find the link. I just listened to it and it's a pretty nutty interview because Carlos is trying to be funny, but he's bombing the whole time. I'm sorry for not posting the link, but it does excist.
Pages: [1] 2