Love him 80% (49)
Hate him 0% (0)
Replace him with Frank Mir 3% (2)
Replace him with Kenny Florian 2% (1)
Replace him with someone else 3% (2)
No opinion either way 11% (7)
clownbaby
6/22/10 11:19:24AM
After all these years, what do you really think of Joe Rogan?
emfleek
6/22/10 11:23:10AM
He can be a bit of a nuthugger at times but I love him. He's funny, he's knowledgeable and he puts Goldberg in his place when needed.
Twenty20Dollars
6/22/10 11:53:08AM
UFC really needs him for the weigh-ins
DCRage
6/22/10 12:06:45PM
He already does the weigh-ins. Most of them anyway, I've only seen him miss one weigh-in, that one had Bruce Buffer working the mike.
emfleek
6/22/10 12:15:53PM

Posted by DCRage

He already does the weigh-ins. Most of them anyway, I've only seen him miss one weigh-in, that one had Bruce Buffer working the mike.

He just missed TUF Finale weigh-in.
Twenty20Dollars
6/22/10 12:27:18PM
They should have had Buffer do the TUF weigh-ins b/c it was very dull w/o rogan.
noahgenda
6/22/10 12:31:37PM
why were you watching the TUF finale weigh ins anyway? lmao
emfleek
6/22/10 12:56:52PM

Posted by noahgenda

why were you watching the TUF finale weigh ins anyway? lmao

Because trolling an MMA forum wasn't in the cards for me that night.
emfleek
6/22/10 1:46:04PM
And whoever voted for, "Replace him with Frank Mir"...

Frank already 'gots' a job.

D0wnUnd6e6r
6/22/10 2:56:21PM
whoever said replace with mir should be banned from the forums hahaha
Pskinner_mma314
6/22/10 3:00:08PM
what they SHOULD do is find a way to replace Goldberg with El Guapo
emfleek
6/22/10 3:05:05PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Now *that* would be awesome.
Pskinner_mma314
6/22/10 3:10:19PM

Posted by emfleek

Now *that* would be awesome.

yup thats the best duo i think could be put together
PABLOMAFIOSO
6/22/10 4:28:43PM
Rogan is the man. He is an avid fight fan and always passionate when commentating. There is nobody else who could do the job better in my opinion.
The Joe Rogan video blog is always entertaining. Worth checking out if you've never seen it.
grappler0000
6/22/10 4:34:17PM
Anybody that doesn't appreciate Rogan should go back and watch the the ice incident...things like that can't be duplicated by anyone else.
cowcatcher
6/22/10 4:41:51PM

Posted by emfleek

And whoever voted for, "Replace him with Frank Mir"...

Frank already 'gots' a job.

god i hate gots

mir is done with WEC now isnt he? still i sure wouldnt vote for him until he stopped talking like a 5 year old with that gots stuff.

rogan is great, i think hes the best in the biz and id love to see him and the voice calling the UFC fights.

BTW fleek, that guy in your av was maybe the freakiest dude from my childhood.
tcunningham
6/22/10 4:43:56PM
i picked love him cause there wasnt a choice of just liking him. hes good at what he does and he knows his stuff but sometimes he irritates me. somebody brought up the ice incident and how it was so funny but after like 10 mins of joe going on about it i could wait to hear him shut up. i just dont think theres a better announcer out there to replace him with. i like mir though so that would be my second choice.
Caesarrrr
6/22/10 7:22:54PM
Grappler, what's the ice incident you're referring to?

As for Rogan, I love him. He does his job very well. He provides excellent commentary and has a great knowledge of MMA, yet he isn't like Mike, who tries to make everything soooo dramatic. I think he provides a casual feel about the broadcasts that casual fans can respect, and appreciate. He goes out of his way to make sure viewers have a crash course in a fighters recent lives, and he really gets me into a match.

Disclaimer: I'm ranting.

Has anyone noticed that every time Rogan uses a new word for a technique, or something that Mike hasn't heard before, Mike uses it constantly for the rest of the show? There was one card in particular where Rogan said Tithe, as in the Muay Thai push kicks. I re-winded and counted the times after that where Mike used the word, and it was well into the double digits.
spikerman19
6/22/10 8:13:51PM
Where would you guys rate Kenny Florian as a fight broadcaster or as a news anchor. I think he is top 3 in both catagories.
grappler0000
6/22/10 10:50:40PM

Posted by Caesarrrr

Grappler, what's the ice incident you're referring to?

UFC 109 - Torres vs Guillard
Rush
6/22/10 11:39:26PM

Then the UFC would have to replace Rogan because Bas would make it even more obvious, how many asinine things Rogan says.

I have yet to experience a regular announcer for MMA that I thought was great, save for Bas. Rogan and Goldberg drive me nuts and I end up turning the sound off most of the time.

Seriously, if the UFC wants to educate fans on MMA, they need to have announcers that explain why fighters might be doing something, not just explaining "what" they are doing.
Jackelope
6/23/10 12:36:40AM

Posted by spikerman19

Where would you guys rate Kenny Florian as a fight broadcaster or as a news anchor. I think he is top 3 in both catagories.

Kenflo drives me nuts. He was talking all night about how Fisher was circling to his left and into Siver's power hand. It was GOLDIE of all people... GOLDIE (I mean, seriously.. think about that) who brought up the fact that he might be circling into his power to avoid the spinning back kick. I mean when Goldie points out a reason for why he might be doing it before a professional fighter does there is a serious, serious problem. That drove me absolutely insane and made me dislike him as a commentator whereas before I was somewhat neutral on the issue.

postman
6/23/10 8:13:53AM

Posted by Rush

Then the UFC would have to replace Rogan because Bas would make it even more obvious, how many asinine things Rogan says.

I have yet to experience a regular announcer for MMA that I thought was great, save for Bas. Rogan and Goldberg drive me nuts and I end up turning the sound off most of the time.

Seriously, if the UFC wants to educate fans on MMA, they need to have announcers that explain why fighters might be doing something, not just explaining "what" they are doing.

I think Bas is awful with all the noises he makes and he tries to come up with witty comments that usually leaves you going HUH? He is real good when he is breaking it down but did you hear the Mussin card? Awful simply Awful. Pat Miletich is the best out right now, if hes not the best he has the most upside. If anyone brings up The Voice they should be banned. He is funny but you can't referance Jenna Haze on a live sports broadcast you just can't do it.
ChokeUout
6/23/10 3:12:35PM
Whether you love or hate rogan and goldie, they're about as good as your gonna get in this day in age. MMA commentating is still a pretty new profession and the UFC team has it figured out the best, by far. Check the CBS broadcasts if you think otherwise.

Plus, both Goldie and rogan have gotten better over the years. Remember whenever Someone tried a choke and Rogan said 'OH MY GOD HE'S GOT IT SUNK IN....oh, he got out"? He knows when someone's in danger better now.

Yes, Goldie says some dumb stuff, but his job is harder than Rogan's. He has to prepare for hours wheras Joe just shows up and commentates. Plus, he doesn't say things like "Tito just took a book out of Chuck's Chapter" as often as he used to.

Neither are perfect, but they are the best team you will find today.
mrsmiley
6/23/10 8:28:32PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Rush

I think Bas is awful with all the noises he makes and he tries to come up with witty comments that usually leaves you going HUH? He is real good when he is breaking it down but did you hear the Mussin card? Awful simply Awful. Pat Miletich is the best out right now, if hes not the best he has the most upside. If anyone brings up The Voice they should be banned. He is funny but you can't referance Jenna Haze on a live sports broadcast you just can't do it.

I think part of the problem was the company of announcers they put Bas with in that particular event. Those guys were out of 1985 or something.
Rush
6/24/10 12:58:34AM

Posted by postman

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on Bas as I have not heard him since his Pride days.

And just to play devil's advocate on the Jenna Haze comment, the UFC does give (gave) Jenna Jameson a lot of camera time.
postman
6/24/10 1:52:49PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by postman

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on Bas as I have not heard him since his Pride days.

And just to play devil's advocate on the Jenna Haze comment, the UFC does give (gave) Jenna Jameson a lot of camera time.

Yeah Bas was good back in the day for sure. Jenna is a fixture isn't she.
cowcatcher
6/24/10 1:55:58PM
you used to be cool postman, but not liking the voice??? man to me he is only a half a step below rogan. hes a fan and funny just like rogan, and i crack up a few times a night when hes calling fights because of the crazy **** that flies out of his mouth. to each his own i guess, but to me theyre very similar styles, one just has an accent...and a million similes.
postman
6/24/10 6:12:48PM

Posted by cowcatcher

you used to be cool postman, but not liking the voice??? man to me he is only a half a step below rogan. hes a fan and funny just like rogan, and i crack up a few times a night when hes calling fights because of the crazy **** that flies out of his mouth. to each his own i guess, but to me theyre very similar styles, one just has an accent...and a million similes.

LOL I'm torn because as a man they both make me laugh I will give you that. But I was watching a Ustream of the Joe Rogan show ( heres the LINK ) and he not only starts by talking about the FLESHLIGHT but he pulls his out and talks about how great it is to use. From a comedian this is funny but as one of the faces of our sport I question if this should be happening.
TimW001
6/25/10 6:29:55PM
DO NOT REPLACE HIM WITH FRANK MIR!
Pages: [1] 2