Joe Rogan

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Joe Rogan
nickcuc547
7/6/08 8:30:14AM
usually he is the best color guy in the game, but last night he was clearly rooting for forrest. i thought he was the one leading the "forrest" chants in the crowd last night. kind of disappointed in him.
grappler0000
7/6/08 8:33:25AM

Posted by nickcuc547

usually he is the best color guy in the game, but last night he was clearly rooting for forrest. i thought he was the one leading the "forrest" chants in the crowd last night. kind of disappointed in him.

Considering the crowd can't hear the commentators, I tend to disagree.
FrankTheTank1181
7/6/08 8:39:07AM
Yeah Rogan was actin' like Forrest was throwing the best legs kicks he had ever seen or somethin', it was very odd.
ObsoleteMan
7/6/08 9:15:38AM
One thing I thought was strange, was that he seemed to be justifying the decision win for Forest in like, round 4. The comment was something like "except for when Rampage rocked Forest in the first round, he hasn't even been close to finishing the fight." Which is just strange, because the same could be said for Forest and the second. Hell, Forest wasn't really close to finishing there either, he really did very little with the mount, and ultimately only succeeded in giving him time to rest that leg he just ****** up bad.
juanez13
7/6/08 9:38:21AM
really dont care about that....BUT, he was funny as hell too

Joe rogan referring to Marvin eastmans cut(against Vitor) as a goats vagina

and than Goldie says, "you said that, i didnt"

one of the funniest things Rogan has ever said i fell out of my chair when he said that.
SpiderSilva
7/6/08 9:48:04AM
I just think he was vary excided I was disapointed in Rampage while my wife was jumping out of her chair Rogan and most mma fans out there really didn't think Forrest had a cance in hell the way Rampage was worked by a TUF guy well we should have seen that one coming I really think the title got to Rampages head anyway congrats Forrest Griffin
Aether
7/6/08 9:48:33AM
hahaha, unfortunately I had to watch it at a noisy bar this time around so I wasn't able to pick up any of the quality nuggets joe and goldy dropped. I've heard several people saying he was commenting like forrest had it in the bag the whole fight which seems strange to me.

I can understand people picking forrest in a very close decision, I definitely can't understand people saying Forrest "dominated the fight"
Aether
7/6/08 9:51:06AM
I don't think the title got to his head, I think that the long layoff as a result of coaching TUF probably affected his game though. Not making excuses, because that would have been something BOTH fighters would have to have dealt with. Forrest was game and I think he surprised most people regardless of whether they would have given him the decision or not.
mrsmiley
7/6/08 9:55:08AM
I actualy watched the whole event with the volume all the way down.So I didn't get to hear Rogan.
MMAcca
7/6/08 9:57:36AM

Posted by ObsoleteMan

One thing I thought was strange, was that he seemed to be justifying the decision win for Forest in like, round 4. The comment was something like "except for when Rampage rocked Forest in the first round, he hasn't even been close to finishing the fight." Which is just strange, because the same could be said for Forest and the second. Hell, Forest wasn't really close to finishing there either, he really did very little with the mount, and ultimately only succeeded in giving him time to rest that leg he just ****** up bad.

I noticed that too.

Very strange, Rogan usually remains impartial
Naturaldisaster
7/6/08 1:36:45PM

Posted by ObsoleteMan

Um forrest got rampage in a triangle, thats a fight finishing submission. so forrest did come closer than rampage
nickcuc547
7/6/08 1:46:28PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by nickcuc547

Considering the crowd can't hear the commentators, I tend to disagree.

i was obviously joking about the chants, what i was saying is that he was so biased he might as well have chanted.
Franklinfan47
7/6/08 2:04:11PM
I think like most, he got caught up in the cinderella story of forrest griffin, and couldn't help but root for griffin.
loller90278
7/6/08 7:40:34PM
i did lose some respect for rogan last night, he was clearly handling the reigns of the griffin bandwagon
Sam_Rothstein
7/6/08 7:44:11PM
Really people are mad about last nights commentary? Joe Rogan takes a lot of drugs and was probably just feeling the moment. A lot of people never gave forrest a chance to win that fight even though he beat shogun
ncordless
7/6/08 7:45:16PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by ObsoleteMan

Um forrest got rampage in a triangle, thats a fight finishing submission. so forrest did come closer than rampage

Yeah... putting Rampage in a Triangle is a good way to get finished yourself... which was why Griffin bailed out of it even though it was pretty tight. Forrest almost got slammed in that triangle, which is also a finishing technique.
Rush
7/6/08 7:51:30PM

Posted by ncordless

Yeah... putting Rampage in a Triangle is a good way to get finished yourself... which was why Griffin bailed out of it even though it was pretty tight. Forrest almost got slammed in that triangle, which is also a finishing technique.

You gotta learn from Arona's mistake.
voodoo-jitsu
7/6/08 9:46:33PM
on the flip side mike goldberg was acting like everything rampage was throwing was the biggest shots in mma history
nickcuc547
7/6/08 9:50:23PM

Posted by thevoodooninja

on the flip side mike goldberg was acting like everything rampage was throwing the biggest shot in mma history

he wasn't even a fraction as bad as rogan, joe's color was disgusting.
theguido
7/7/08 12:38:34AM
I didn't really think he was being impartial I saw him calling the fight as he does no strings
mrsmiley
7/7/08 10:07:44AM
Was it as bad as the Gono McCroy fight?
ill_cut_ya
7/7/08 12:00:30PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Yeah Rogan was actin' like Forrest was throwing the best legs kicks he had ever seen or somethin', it was very odd.

thay were good leg kicks whats the prob
mkiv9secsupra
7/7/08 12:17:55PM
Joe Rogan ALWAYS takes a side in the fight!!! this is nothing new.

Forrest landed lots of good leg shots - a good way to end a fight (crocop vs Yoshida i think it was
Forrest put him in a triangle
Forrest mounted him
Forrest got the guillotine and forced rampage to roll to his back

jackson rocked him in the first and thats as close as he got the whole fight
Jackson TRIED to slam him - you dont get points awarded for that just gassed

Forrest outworked Jackson the whole fight, there is a justification for Rogan to point these things out
sammyd1213
7/7/08 3:39:38PM
Rogan was clearly pulling for Forrest, as were the fans, the judges, Dana, and nearly everyone else in the MMA world. Rampage got hosed..