Joe Riggs vs Nick Diaz 2 - UFS 1

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Joe Riggs vs Nick Diaz 2 - UFS 1
kastro_316
12/3/08 2:32:30PM
DreamFighters.com

Awesome to see Nick back. In the latest Press Release from Xp3 Promotions, and UFS President Posh Caplan, Nick Diaz will be taking on Joe Riggs at UFS 1.

nickcuc547
12/3/08 2:36:18PM
their first fight was awesome. riggs pounded diaz but couldn't finish him off, diaz is a tough bastard and that fight was one of joe rigg's best performances.
aaa9erh8er
12/3/08 2:39:40PM
hmm very interesting. hopefully nick has stayed on top iof his shit for this fight ti think it will be good tho. im hoping im a big diaz fan NIck not so much nate
emfleek
12/3/08 2:49:57PM
I'll be rooting for Riggs.*

* There's a first time for everything, eh?
hodge
12/3/08 3:26:27PM
War diesel, for some reason im not a fan of either of the Diaz brothers. And were the hell has UFS come from there seems to be promoters popping up alover the place atm
machodog76
12/3/08 3:28:59PM
**** ya! This is the 3rd fight if you count the one at at the hospital
higdon10
12/3/08 3:56:49PM
I hope Riggs gives him another beatdown.
Mayhem13
12/3/08 4:11:00PM
I kind of think both fighters get slightly over-rated at times.....Diaz has the credentials to be great...but rarely uses it as effectively as he should...

I will be rooting for Riggs, but Diaz will probably end up winning a decision this time around I think
wiggum
12/3/08 4:21:32PM

Posted by kastro_316

DreamFighters.com

Awesome to see Nick back. In the latest Press Release from Xp3 Promotions, and UFS President Posh Caplan, Nick Diaz will be taking on Joe Riggs at UFS 1.

does anybody have a link to theyre first fight?...post it if ya do please....i watched it live 2-3 years ago and thought it was awesome, but havent been able to find it since.....plus i was a little intoxicated for the main event so memory isnt too clear as well
xtra_chewy
12/3/08 5:32:44PM

Posted by emfleek

I'll be rooting for Riggs.*

* There's a first time for everything, eh?

AV bet on the fight? All in good fun?
mictlantechutli
12/3/08 6:30:40PM
I can't believe Riggs is going to fight him again after what happened last time. If you've never read their respective interviews with MMA Weekly after the incident, I highly recommend it because it's freakin' hilarious.

link
Jackelope
12/3/08 6:52:39PM
Man, I rarely root for either fighter, but WAR DIESEL!
Jackelope
12/3/08 7:05:14PM
LMAO.. here's a Joe Riggs comment from that interview. This one had me rolling

His brother, that guy is an idiot, just hanging off his ball sack like a barnacle.
cmill21
12/3/08 9:14:59PM
Hate em both, go joe.
MMAcca
12/4/08 1:12:05AM

Posted by Jackelope

LMAO.. here's a Joe Riggs comment from that interview. This one had me rolling

His brother, that guy is an idiot, just hanging off his ball sack like a barnacle.

Not a big fan of either, but i'll be backing Diaz FTW
jahdoug
12/4/08 11:26:01AM
Shouldnt be too hard for either to get motivated for this one after that hospital business. Riggs looked pretty good last time out but Diaz is a scrapper and then some.

To everybody hatin on the Diaz bro's, dont look at them as one unit. Nick is just a guy who loves to fight and has some colorful comments. Nate definitely has that little brother syndrome going....but as for him riding Nick's dick, why dont you ask Robinson, Pellegrino, Neer, etc. I hope he rematches gamburyan in the future cause thats the only thing haters got on him

Bottom line they both let it all hang out and look to finish, despite Nate being kind of a DB. He's the type i would get into some shit with and get destroyed by a lanky dude who runs his mouth even though i got like 50 lbs on him, and that would happen even w.o his mma training, he's just a badass like nick.
bls1919
12/4/08 6:01:30PM
Riggs IMO is one of the most overrated fighters ever. Diego Sanchez KO'd him early his(diego's) career. Diegos stand up is mediocre at best(now). Diaz will sub him early. Regardless of what happened in their first fight Diesel is toast.