Joe Riggs Interview: Wants GSP!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Joe Riggs Interview: Wants GSP!
kastro_316
8/25/08 3:19:05PM
DreamFighters.com

Joe Riggs just did an interview and said he wanted to face GSP!
DustinT
8/25/08 3:28:24PM
this must be the latest april fools joke i've ever read online....?

ken shamrock vs slice.
now riggs callin' out GSP.

*sigh*

i can't take it anymore today.
i'm gonna go play on myspace.
wiggum
8/25/08 3:30:32PM
gsp really?....those are some loft goals there joe....course, if you dont want to reach the top, then what are ya fighting for ya know?......i like joe riggs, when he puts it together, hes great ...great hands, great wrestling, adqequate jj....hes young enough that a couple big wins (starting with the supposdly top 10 misaki) could cause some waves ...
Hillbilly
8/25/08 3:32:09PM
What is with people calling out GSP lately lol
Aether
8/25/08 3:32:57PM
I would expect any true fighter to answer the same question that way. If you read it in context it's not like he's calling GSP out or requesting the fight... The interviewer just asked him if there's anyone he would want to fight at welterweight, so he gave his answer.

GSP is the best, I'm pretty sure everyone wants to fight the best fighters. That doesn't mean that the thinks he deserves a shot at him or that he thinks he could beat him. It just means he wants to fight the best fighters. Good for him, I can only respect a fighter who wants to challenge himself against the best fighters.
jocka
8/25/08 3:36:32PM

Posted by Aether

I would expect any true fighter to answer the same question that way. If you read it in context it's not like he's calling GSP out or requesting the fight... The interviewer just asked him if there's anyone he would want to fight at welterweight, so he gave his answer.

GSP is the best, I'm pretty sure everyone wants to fight the best fighters. That doesn't mean that the thinks he deserves a shot at him or that he thinks he could beat him. It just means he wants to fight the best fighters. Good for him, I can only respect a fighter who wants to challenge himself against the best fighters.

Its not a bad thing to have dreams i guess lol.
McBee
8/25/08 3:38:13PM
get in line and do not lose to a local talent in Strikeforce first
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/25/08 3:42:34PM

Posted by DustinT

ken shamrock vs slice.

*sigh*

if shammy wins, i hope he calls out fedor
nickcuc547
8/25/08 3:42:44PM
riggs needs a few quality wins at ww before he gets gsp, something he has yet to do.
postman
8/25/08 3:48:58PM
You couldn't beat hughes now you want GSP?
McBee
8/25/08 3:52:44PM

Posted by postman

You couldn't beat hughes now you want GSP?

I think the person that might have a chance against GSP might lose to Hughes, they are two different fighters
postman
8/25/08 4:02:51PM
No this is one case where you can use MMA Math GSP is better at striking subs and wrestling then Hughes.
tepid55
8/25/08 4:17:58PM
Joe Riggs wouldn't make it out of the first round against GSP.
bojangalz
8/25/08 5:01:08PM
Joe Riggs wants GSP huh?

He'll probably have to get in line right behind my wife- she wants him too.
jiujitsufreak74
8/25/08 5:14:09PM
apparently Joe's manager forgot to give him his pills. i mean that is the only explanation for the delusions he is experiencing. is he even a top 50 WW?
nastshabast
8/25/08 5:22:09PM
who is Joe Riggs?
DustinT
8/25/08 5:22:12PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by DustinT

ken shamrock vs slice.

*sigh*

if shammy wins, i hope he calls out fedor

might as well, right?
aim for the clouds big man...the clouds i say!!!

so wait...if slice wins, who's next?
keith hackney?
DustinT
8/25/08 5:52:43PM
no no wait..it just came to me.

....KIMO!!!!!!!1

i'm jackin' the thread, i know. i just don't care about Riggs.
Matimus
8/25/08 6:14:09PM

Posted by kastro_316

DreamFighters.com

Joe Riggs just did an interview and said he wanted to face GSP!

hahahaha.

I want to face GSP too.
Id take just as much of an ass whoppin as Diesel would.
MALICE
8/25/08 6:24:11PM
He wanted Diego Sanchez too. And look how that turned out. He woke up in a real life Nightmare. I've always wanted to say that.

If he wants back in the UFC that is one thing. He can start at the bottom and work his way up. He does not deserve a shot at the UFC title, or any other title. If he wants back, bring him back. I've a great 1st fight for him. What about a man named Koscheck?
DiabloFreak56
8/25/08 6:30:36PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

yeah joe riggs can keep dreaming

and please tell me why kimbo gets 90 year old men to fight
kasual
8/25/08 11:56:36PM
so?

Joe Riggs is a fool who would get rocked by anyone in the ufc top 10 welterweights, and about every other one now that I think about. If people weren't paying attention when g.s.p handled jon fitch they need to run that tape back because that should be a pretty clear message to any challenger that they need to step their game up, because jon fitch beat most of them on the way up.