Joe Lauzon: If the UFC wants me to fight Anthony Pettis, I'll do it

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Joe Lauzon: If the UFC wants me to fight Anthony Pettis, I'll do it
POLL: Who wins this fight if it goes down?
Joe Lauzon 36% (8)
Anthony Pettis 64% (14)
Budgellism
10/19/11 11:43:20AM
"I think it would be an exciting fight. It doesn’t matter to me who I fight. Whoever the UFC says they want me to fight, I’ll fight. If they want it to be Anthony Pettis, I’ll fight Pettis. It doesn’t really matter to me that much. I’m up for whoever. I’m not sure why people are calling me out, but I’m fine with it. I have to be doing something right if everybody wants to fight me. I definitely don’t think it’s a bad thing. It’s awesome getting called out by guys like that, that are doing really well."

- Joe Lauzon

LINK
emfleek
10/19/11 11:53:31AM

How anyone can dislike Lauzon is beyond me. The dude is game 100% of the time and doesn't back down from a challenge. What's not to like about him?
prophecy033
10/19/11 12:02:26PM

Posted by emfleek

How anyone can dislike Lauzon is beyond me. The dude is game 100% of the time and doesn't back down from a challenge. What's not to like about him?

the thing I like most about him is he doesn't talk a lot of shit. He doesn't create controversy. He fights hard, win or lose. He's a gamer and I appreciate that
Theoutlaw08
10/19/11 12:21:43PM
I don't think i dislike him, but I don't think I like him. Does that make sense. He's not really a guy I cheer for. I don't know. I think Pettis wins this fight in the late rounds.
emfleek
10/19/11 12:24:09PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I don't think i dislike him, but I don't think I like him. Does that make sense. He's not really a guy I cheer for. I don't know. I think Pettis wins this fight in the late rounds.

You're impartial and that's fine. That's how I've always felt about Rich Franklin, Randy Couture and a few others.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 1:04:29PM
I like Lauzon. He looks like the type of kid who always gets picked on in high school. I would like to see someone like him take home the title.

On a side note, I have to give it up to Pettis. He comes into the ufc and starts picking his own fights. "I want Guida. I want Stephens. I want Lauzon."

He must be special to get which-ever fighter he wants???

I wish Chael was that special.
FastKnockout
10/19/11 1:10:46PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by emfleek

the thing I like most about him is he doesn't talk a lot of shit. He doesn't create controversy. He fights hard, win or lose. He's a gamer and I appreciate that

This. Lauzon just seems like an all around cool dude. Always enjoy his quick finishes.
cowcatcher
10/19/11 1:33:56PM
Lauzon is the world's toughest nerd. I really like the guy, but I think Pettis is better everywhere except applying subs so he probably wins should this fight happen.

Posted by KungFuMaster

On a side note, I have to give it up to Pettis. He comes into the ufc and starts picking his own fights. "I want Guida. I want Stephens. I want Lauzon."

I don't recall Pettis calling out Stephens, and when he called out Guida it wasn't just Guida he called out. G-Sot, Jim Miller and others were also thrown out there because the guy didn't want to sit on the sidelines and wait for a title shot. I don't see anything wrong with that.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 2:05:53PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Lauzon is the world's toughest nerd. I really like the guy, but I think Pettis is better everywhere except applying subs so he probably wins should this fight happen.

Posted by KungFuMaster

I don't recall Pettis calling out Stephens, and when he called out Guida it wasn't just Guida he called out. G-Sot, Jim Miller and others were also thrown out there because the guy didn't want to sit on the sidelines and wait for a title shot. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Yes, I know that but to make my point more valid - I have to stretch the truth. I smell an F5 coming your way.
cowcatcher
10/19/11 2:14:26PM
hashyandy4
10/19/11 2:28:42PM
This fight would be very entertaining, but i would rather see Pettis vs Nate Diaz
kingsmasher
10/20/11 11:20:51AM

Posted by emfleek

Well his ears sticking out is reason enough for me...lol...just kidding
kingsmasher
10/20/11 11:22:53AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Actually I am not sold on Pettis...hes been surprising guys with game plans if anything...He will never beat Ben Henderson again...
cowcatcher
10/20/11 12:09:03PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Actually I am not sold on Pettis...hes been surprising guys with game plans if anything...He will never beat Ben Henderson again...

The one glaring hole in his game would probably be his wrestling, but in the Stephens fight you could see that he's really made an effort to improve that area. He has great striking, rarely gets hit, and has a really active guard. I just don't see where he's weak in any area at this point, and you can actually see him improving and rounding out his game each time out there. I'm also biased, but he really seems to be becoming a well rounded mixed martial artist.
KungFuMaster
10/20/11 3:51:01PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

The one glaring hole in his game would probably be his wrestling, but in the Stephens fight you could see that he's really made an effort to improve that area. He has great striking, rarely gets hit, and has a really active guard. I just don't see where he's weak in any area at this point, and you can actually see him improving and rounding out his game each time out there. I'm also biased, but he really seems to be becoming a well rounded mixed martial artist.

Your boy is going down. I am putting the farm, the house, and the dog on Lauzon.
Pookie
10/20/11 5:14:36PM
Pettis would absolutely beat Henderson again.