Joe Lauzon rolls with punches

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Joe Lauzon rolls with punches
disorderlyvision
5/4/08 2:20:13PM
link

“I think I won the first round,” the East Bridgewater native said. “If it was at sea level, I think I would have been able to push that pace for all three rounds, but being in Colorado, I couldn’t do it. I came out for the second round and I felt like my legs weighed 1,000 pounds each. I thought I had a good first round, but cardio killed me and a couple of other things just didn’t go my way.”

jgtribbett
5/4/08 4:46:58PM
yeah.. i imagine fighting in colorado is ridiculous if you dont have the opportunity to train there.. tough
silverbullet
5/4/08 5:06:22PM
It wasn't striking to the back of the head, it was striking downward with the point of the elbow. Herb messed up twice by calling a wrong foul and then standing them up.

I don't like how Joe is coming up with all these excuses. Yeah, he got a couple of take-downs in the first round but that's about it. The closest thing he had to finishing was a heel hook. Kenny steam rolled him, bad cardio and all.
jiujitsufreak74
5/4/08 5:19:16PM

Posted by silverbullet

It wasn't striking to the back of the head, it was striking downward with the point of the elbow. Herb messed up twice by calling a wrong foul and then standing them up.

I don't like how Joe is coming up with all these excuses. Yeah, he got a couple of take-downs in the first round but that's about it. The closest thing he had to finishing was a heel hook. Kenny steam rolled him, bad cardio and all.

i expected a lot more from Joe...this saddens me a bit
whardin19
5/4/08 6:38:47PM
Way too many excuses by Joe. You got beat by the better guy. Kenny is one dominate force in the lightweight division. Joe is a pretty good fighter in his own right. But man dude your losing my respect making all these excuses.
Porch28
5/4/08 6:56:24PM

Posted by silverbullet

SpiderSilva
5/4/08 10:16:22PM
<--- Lives in colorado was there if you talk with a doctor they will tell you
you have to some were above 9,000 feet for altitued to really do anything most athletes that come don't care they say it doesnt effect them AT ALL sorry Joe thats a no go
DevonFoxy
5/4/08 10:36:19PM
I really don't see how he is making excuses. He's not saying He would have won the fight just what we all know to be true. Im not defending him because theres nothing to defend he's just telling you guys what happened. Bull Crap Call by Herb to stand the Fight up but he's not making it into costing him the fight. He lost fair and square and he says that many times...not in this interview but in many others and a message on his website and says he got beat by the better man being Kenny HERE.

Plus I'm sorry to the guy ahead of me talking about the altitude but, that altitude would def. be a problem for a fighter idc what you say doctors would say exerting all that energy at that level until you've done it probably not the best to be saying that it doesn't fly.
Twenty20Dollars
5/4/08 10:52:33PM
getting elbowed in the back of the head 3 times will effect your cardio. and yes those shots were illegal and the fight shouldnt have been reset on the feet and kenny should have gotten a point taken away.

no fighter would be the same after 3 shots to the back of the head, thats why in the second he felt different it wasnt the above sea level crap, he trains with bj and they sleep in that sea level bed thing.

go joe!
xtra_chewy
5/5/08 12:11:45AM
I live in the Black Hills in SD, but go to Boulder every year for like a month out of the summer, hike/climb/bike/run and dont notice a difference at all. I like Joe but now his excuses are getting ugly.