joe lauzon

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » joe lauzon
disturbed_fighter
2/12/08 1:00:47PM
i just dont understnad why dana wants to give him a main event fight. personally i dont think the kid is that good and dont understand why he gets the fight?
pv3Hpv3p
2/12/08 1:11:04PM
I didn't think he was that good either, until I figured out that he's actually really good, just kinda sneaky about it... I kinda feel the exact same way about Florian, so I think it'll be a test for both fighters...

When I really look at it, both fighters matchup pretty well with eachother in all aspects of the fight game and should prove to be exciting wherever the fight goes...

Either that, or it could be the UFC favoring it's TUF vetrans, and maybe they're grooming one or the other or both for an eventual title shot.
Kpro
2/12/08 1:17:34PM
If I was a promoter, I'd also be kind to all of my employees who looked like serial killers.
Kpro
2/12/08 1:24:41PM
In all seriousness though; He's won 6 in a row including a win over Pulver. He also gained a following from his performance on TUF. And he's also been training with BJ Penn full time in Hawaii for many months now.

I'm picking him to win.
ocho-cinco
2/12/08 1:24:43PM
It probably is because he is 3-0 in the UFC, and even beat Jens Pulver before TUF even started. Plus he looked even more impressive and confident after joing BJ's camp. So he does have more quality UFC wins then any of the other guys from the same TUF season as himself. I was a bit suprised that he gets this chance, but not shocked. He is one of the most talented young fighters in the UFC. Ken Flo will provide a great test.

KYGUY07
2/12/08 2:01:05PM
I personally love to watch lauzon, and i do think he deserves this fight, but im kinda on the ropes about this one, i think im taking ken flo but i hope im wrong with my prediction.
sillysnail
2/12/08 2:05:31PM
j-lau will probably one of the best lw's in the coming years. hes had very dominant wins thus far in the ufc and i think people want to see him tested. its really a great spot for him to be in b/c if he wins, then hes really validated himself as a lw contender. at the same time, if ken's experience wins the day, a loss this early in lauzons career will be a minor setback. anyway you look at it, lauzon is in a great spot right now.
Gipper
2/12/08 2:16:18PM

Posted by disturbed_fighter

i just dont understnad why dana wants to give him a main event fight. personally i dont think the kid is that good and dont understand why he gets the fight?

people said he didn't deserve to be on the main card fighting jens pulver in his first ufc fight. look what heppened. these lauzon brothers are tough dudes.
BlazinSaddle
2/12/08 2:35:36PM
well when lauzon beats kenny you wont be saying that anymore
Chuteboxer
2/12/08 4:46:21PM
I'm hoping Lauzon wins.

But Kenny is by far no pushover. Despite his shtick about "Finish fights" he's done just that in his last few. Two submissions and a tko, I think. Kenny's definitely gonna have the advantage on the ground, but Lauzon will have a very slight edge in the stand up I think. I might be wrong about that as well, but we'll see. This is one of those fights that no matter what, you're happy for both guys win or lose.
fedorwins1
2/12/08 6:43:18PM
Lauzon is a good fighter, you can't look past that. Just because he lost on TUF doesn't mean he's not good. Kenflo and Lauzon matchup perfectly IMO and it should make for a really exciting fight, plus Lauzon is 3-0 in the UFC with all first Rd stoppages.
npayant
2/12/08 8:23:05PM

Really??? Man, Lauzon has TONS of talent and potential and I think he's proved that his last few fights (in dominating fashion).

That being said, Florian has impressed me as much as, in not more than, any other fighter in the UFC lately! This should be a great fight, but I think Florian takes it (and just maybe pretty easily...who knows). He's looked damn good in his past few fights...better than Lauzon IMO, if that's possible.

Should be a great main event!!! And I'll be there in person!!
DevonFoxy
2/12/08 11:35:41PM
He didn't just beat Pulver he knocked Pulver out. When that punch landed on Pulver he was out.

Lauzon also lost TUF due to a pretty bad knee injusry which he had repaired after the show. Everyone was injured but that was hard on him after trying to sprawl after Manny's shots. Joe is def. deserving though as he didn't even need to be on TUF to get a contract but choose to to get the experience and now look what has happened. Hes training with BJ penn whose got amazing abs!!!!! Watch for Joes stand up and for his GnP in the KenFlo match as I think it will be a great showcase of both.

War Lauzon!!
dvs_nelson
2/13/08 12:38:54AM
idk how you can sit here and say that he doesnt? and how he isnt that good? this kid is going to be near the top of the list when it comes to LW hes good all around and i think kenny florian isnt that good i personally think he should fight din again soon bc that was a fluke he shot out his knee..but w/e im not gonna take that win away from kenny but i see this being a very exciting fight where ever it goes and i see joe winning with either a tko or a sub
Tein_Lung
2/13/08 1:16:31AM
i think hes one of the better guys from that show but i don't think hes ready for Kenny yet... kenny i think is still at least 1 lvl higher then him
disorderlyvision
2/13/08 11:12:10AM

perhaps you will change your mind after he beats florian.