Is Joe Flacco a Elite QB?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Is Joe Flacco a Elite QB?
« Previous Page
POLL: Is he Elite
Yes 26% (8)
No 74% (23)
40ouncetofreedom
2/5/13 8:50:10PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

one can be elite w/out being the best in his day, ask Cristiano Ronaldo

I'd never say Ryan was not elite, I'm just giving you shit, any 1st ballot HOF'er is no joke.But he's far from being the best of all time IMO.But elite....yes.
Bubbles
2/5/13 11:49:41PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Eh id disagree without another example. I dont follow soccer, so couldnt comment on Ronaldo

neither do I but he will never win with Messi healthy.

let's try a basketball example: Chris Paul and Paul Pierce may never win an MVP but they are still elite players.
Poor_Franklin
2/6/13 5:13:01AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Eh id disagree without another example. I dont follow soccer, so couldnt comment on Ronaldo

neither do I but he will never win with Messi healthy.

let's try a basketball example: Chris Paul and Paul Pierce may never win an MVP but they are still elite players.

i liek the Paul & Pierce examples Bubbs!

well let's not argue who is better than who, as it's too debatable & i doubt either of us have the time, but to name a few

Karl Malone, David Robinson, Charles Barkley, & Patrick Ewing (please forgive me for leaving out a couple) all played at the same time. just bc one might be better than the other does not mean that they were not elite

Tom Brady & Peyton Manning both played at the same time. Not going to argue which was better than the other, but that does not mean they are not both elite.

as i said, elite really depends on the person using the word as to what it actually means. i bet there are plenty of people who would argue between who was more ELITE? Bo Jackson or Emmitt Smith? Some look at longevity & accomplishments. Some look at pure talent & potential.

jay98107
2/12/13 6:25:06AM
He's so close but I still don't see the consistency out of him that I see out of the proven elites (Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees), but he made one of the most impressive and improbable playoff runs of the last 15 years. He's only 28 too, so he can still improve. Based on that, he deserves to be paid like an elite QB, but there isn't a single consensus elite QB that I would trade for Flacco.
emfleek
2/12/13 9:14:30AM
No.
Pages: 1 [2]