Joe "Daddy" Stevenson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Joe "Daddy" Stevenson
rameydl8
1/1/08 11:08:37PM
Im thinking Joe is Gonna GnP Bj out in the 2nd rd...Bj strenght is his subs but i think joe's too good at subs and sub defense for Bj to use his strenght.....whats everybody else thinking?
LightsOut33093
1/1/08 11:11:29PM
you spelt strength wrong twice but thats besides the point............i think joe is gunna beat bj, but by decision.........joe is much stronger than bj and has better stamina too
loonytnt
1/1/08 11:11:34PM
BJ is better at BJJ, Takedown,standup..but i can see joe winning in the later rounds because BJ past history is, no gas tank

so i think joe can do it but idk this is a hard one
tuvok500
1/1/08 11:11:43PM
i say BJ will out strike , out wrestle and out jujitsu Joe all the fight and he will finish him in the 4th when joe's face will be covert of blood and he will have a broken jaw since rd 1 !!

BJ rd 4 TKO !!

mkiv9secsupra
1/1/08 11:13:42PM
BJ is better at EVERYTHING Joe does except conditioning...MAYBE. Joe will probly try and come out striking for the first round and shoot for a couple of takedowns when he realizes he is being outclassed on the feet. The when it goes to the ground in the second round Joe will get reversed and be mounted where he will try and escape y rolling over where we all know BJ has the BEST back control in MMA and it will end with a rear naked choke......

BJ by Rear naked choke in the second round
rameydl8
1/1/08 11:16:05PM

Posted by LightsOut33093

you spelt strength wrong twice but thats besides the point............i think joe is gunna beat bj, but by decision.........joe is much stronger than bj and has better stamina too

sorry about the spelling...guess i wasnt paying attention....
mkiv9secsupra
1/1/08 11:17:13PM

Posted by tuvok500

i say BJ will out strike , out wrestle and out jujitsu Joe all the fight and he will finish him in the 4th when joe's face will be covert of blood and he will have a broken jaw since rd 1 !!

BJ rd 4 TKO !!

Posted by loonytnt

BJ is better at BJJ, Takedown,standup..but i can see joe winning in the later rounds because BJ past history is, no gas tank

so i think joe can do it but idk this is a hard one

Posted by LightsOut33093

ha we all said the same thing at the sme time.....either thats a huge coincidence.....or were right
loonytnt
1/1/08 11:18:31PM
lol yeah, it had 0 post, then i was done it had 3
LightsOut33093
1/1/08 11:21:11PM
how did we say the same things???
-i said joe would win
-loonytnt is kind've undecided
-tuvok said bj would win

and us 3 replied at the same time (11:11) but u (mkiv) replied at 11:13
mkiv9secsupra
1/1/08 11:27:08PM

Posted by LightsOut33093

how did we say the same things???
-i said joe would win
-loonytnt is kind've undecided
-tuvok said bj would win

and us 3 replied at the same time (11:11) but u (mkiv) replied at 11:13

well i typed for 3 times a long tho. when i pressed quote no one had replied yet
HeadhunterRed
1/2/08 12:15:15AM

Posted by tuvok500

BJ rd 4 TKO !!

Penn KO or Sub in the 2nd

joe's only chance is a decision which it wont go to, BJ is not gassing at 155 especially for the title, give him a break.. matt hughes weathered the storm and BJ got injured at the end of the 2nd
bls1919
1/2/08 11:05:31PM
i really like Stevenson, he is a game fighter with a well rounded arsenal, but BJ i think is the better fighter all around. Hard to pick but i'm going to have to go with BJ on this one....and thats tough because i dont like him at all. I wish Jens would have crushed him
MMAFightClothes
1/3/08 12:10:47AM
I think BJ is going to win this one. I agree his cardio is suspect, but I don't think Joe's is up to par either. In many of Joe's other fights it looks like he's losing and then he pulls out a submission. I'm not taking anything away from Joe, but how many times can he do that?

Also, BJ handled Hughes until he gassed, I don't think Joe is stronger than Hughes.
telnights
1/3/08 12:53:30AM
Joe is up there with some of the best at 155 but he is no BJ. BJ will pick him apart on the feet forcing the take down if Joe can get the take down. GSP and Matt both had a very hard time getting BJ to the ground and I don't think Joe is at their level. Plus I don't think Joe's ground game is on the same level as BJ's is. One way to look at it is like this Joe is a lot like Matt Hughes. Hes small and strong has great wrestling with strong BJJ, but no real stand up to speak of. Matt Hughes is a lot bigger than Joe is and BJ beat him once and almost twice. I truely think only reason he lost the 2nd one was because he got hurt. I think Matt Hughes is a much better fight than Joe is. So I just dont see how Joe can beat BJ. Now this is MMA and anything can and does happen but Joe is young and still learning his game and it isn't even on the same level as BJ's at this time.