Joe daddy fight !!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Joe daddy fight !!
« Previous Page
Ydoc
3/6/07 3:36:28PM

Posted by SICKRICK

melvin is so overrated its not even funny joe all the way

I look at it and its not even close for me. Just look no further than their last two wins: Melvin has beaten Rick Davis and Gabe Ruediger (who have a combined record of 13-4, and notable wins over Charles Bennett, Olaf Alfonso, and Jason Maxwell) while Joe has beaten Dokonjonosuke Mishima and Yves Edwards (who have a combined record of 46-18, and notable wins over Marcus Aurelio, Hermes Franca, and Josh Thomson. Joe is just in a whole different class.
keith-hackney1
3/6/07 3:46:35PM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by SICKRICK

melvin is so overrated its not even funny joe all the way

I look at it and its not even close for me. Just look no further than their last two wins: Melvin has beaten Rick Davis and Gabe Ruediger (who have a combined record of 13-4, and notable wins over Charles Bennett, Olaf Alfonso, and Jason Maxwell) while Joe has beaten Dokonjonosuke Mishima and Yves Edwards (who have a combined record of 46-18, and notable wins over Marcus Aurelio, Hermes Franca, and Josh Thomson. Joe is just in a whole different class.

That's right, joe's my boy !!!

I'd like to see royce algar fight this weird looking thing below !!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
pv3Hpv3p
3/6/07 3:48:59PM
I agree with both of the statements above... Stevenson has been fighting since '99, I remember watching him in all those KOTC events when he was like 19 years old...

IMO, Stevenson takes this one by sheer experience, and he is a beast at 155... All Melvin has is the proverbial 'punchers chance.
Lay_N_Pray
3/6/07 3:53:39PM
I'm gonna go with Joe on this one. He is like a Matt Hughes at 155...that might be a little to crazy to say, but style wise he is close. I think Melvin is a great athlete and a good fighter, but Joe will overwhelm him.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/6/07 5:34:09PM
I think Joe Stevenson is really boring to watch. I hope Melvin KO's him
allmotormark
3/7/07 2:52:25AM
ya i agree with joe being the better fighter on paper, but i find melvin has just gotten so much better , i think melvin might just beat him with his speed but joe could get him if or when melvin does something stupid.
i think everyone can agree on that.
hippysmacker
3/7/07 3:56:32AM
It all depends on how much Melvin has improved to me. He is extremely, large, strong and athletic. However, I think he is just trying to KO everyone right now . I would give him the definite standup edge, I just just think Joe will tap him, or grind out a decision. Melvin may be the most physically gifted guy in the UFC , but I haven't seen him face anyone who will really test him yet. I think this fight will tell us how far away he is from being in contention. Fighting Sherk would be a bad idea at this time in his career right now IMO. I think he would get a healthy dose of GnP for 5 rounds if he did get a shot. I think thew UFC would be better served to give him more time to grow , even if he wins.
Svartorm
3/7/07 4:19:20AM
Thats the other thing, is that Melvin is with Team Punishment, so I'm sure they're showing him how to avoid the ground and pound. Anyone know who Joe trains with nowadays?
hippysmacker
3/7/07 4:30:47AM
Last time I checked he was with cobra Kai, MArc laimons team.
Svartorm
3/7/07 4:51:34AM
Ok, I wasn't sure about that. I figured he would have jumped ship to a higher profile team after the show, but maybe hes comfortable there.
jomatty
8/8/07 3:58:50AM
if melvin keeps improving and reaching towards his potential there is probably noone he cant beat. that said, joe prolly has too much experience and is too technical for him right now. really a tough fight to call and as naturally gifted as melvin is i definitely am not counting him out. he is the type of fighter that can catch anyone at any time and finish them in a flurry.

win or lose melvin should be fun to watch in the coming years. lets hope he works hard, because if he does he could become an absolute monster at 55 and one of the few that could potentially hang with sherk (not yet but he is an awfully strong 155'er and a lot quicker than sherk)
Pages: 1 [2]