Joe daddy fight !!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Joe daddy fight !!
Next Page »
keith-hackney1
3/5/07 6:19:42PM
Anyone got joe like me. how do you see it going ?
Is melvin a striker or grappler, i've not seen many of his fights ??
Is joe too powerful, i bet his training is up there with the best in the business !!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
jdubs
3/5/07 6:20:51PM
i got joe by sub
Berti
3/5/07 6:21:55PM
i got melvin by tko in the first for my upset pic...dont really care for either one..kind of a toss up.
madmarck
3/5/07 6:57:24PM
Melvin is a Muay Thai kinda guy. He loves to strike. But he is trainign with Team Punishment so i don't his grappling skills have rapidly improved.
bayonetxwork
3/5/07 7:48:20PM

Posted by madmarck

Melvin is a Muay Thai kinda guy. He loves to strike. But he is trainign with Team Punishment so i don't his grappling skills have rapidly improved.

Training with Lister, and Tito everyday will definitely help your grappling out. Just don't go to Lister for any MMA help

I think Melvin is going to KO Joe in the 2nd. Melvin is too athletic and quick for Joe, and it wouldn't surprise me if this fight was exactly like Stevenson vs. Neer.
wkm311
3/5/07 11:22:14PM
I have Melvin by TKO in the second... I just thin he is to athletic for Stevenson and Joe wont be able to take him down.
TonyDanza
3/5/07 11:23:52PM
Joe gets this to the ground , Melvin is done for. Not sayin itll be easy for Joe though.
gimmper
3/5/07 11:33:52PM
Guillard can not be taken lightly this is a tough one...they are both so evenly matched...I pick Guillard...
Svartorm
3/6/07 12:17:25AM
I've got Gulliard by Un. Decision. I think he'll be able to hurt Stevenson on the feet, but probably not put him away, and hes good enough on the ground to avoid it and keep himself from getting subbed. They both have great cardio, so I don't see either of them gassing unless its a very frantic fight.
Stickan
3/6/07 2:21:09AM
Gabe Ruediger almost caught Guillard so I won't doubt Stevenson for a sec. here. Daddy wins by sub.
Northrend
3/6/07 2:37:14AM
I got Joey by Sub. Melvin has good standup but it seems whenever he gets hit he backs off alot, I think Joey should find a way to hit him even if its just 1 shot then follow up with double leg or w/e he wants to do then proceed to sub him.
Svartorm
3/6/07 2:48:14AM

Posted by Stickan

Gabe Ruediger almost caught Guillard so I won't doubt Stevenson for a sec. here. Daddy wins by sub.

Yeah, and Dennis Hallmans subbed Matt Hughes twice. Whats your point you dirty Swede?
ac_gi
3/6/07 3:51:47AM
I like Stevenson over Melvin. I think Joe is too technical in the ground game. Because of this, he will get the sub or win with ground control. Of Guillard's 5 losses, 4 are by submission.
Stickan
3/6/07 4:14:04AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Stickan

Yeah, and Dennis Hallmans subbed Matt Hughes twice. Whats your point you dirty Swede?

Haha. That submissions aren't exactly Guillards strong points... but I guess that applies on your example as well. Hughes has been exposed by a extremely good submission wizard before. Send me a wager if you think Guillard takes this you dirty wanna-be-Swede.
migo
3/6/07 6:22:52AM
I'm leaning towards Stevenson, but Guillard has really good wrestling which will make it hard for Stevenson to get him down.
Broknmunky
3/6/07 8:50:10AM
If it stays on the feet Guillard definitely but Stevenson is a good wrestler too and he will get the fight to the ground. Guillard just doesn't have anything to offer on the ground that I've seen.
waylon_o
3/6/07 8:54:54AM
I can't remember seeing Guillard work on the ground really...I'm a Stevenson fan and I'm not a Guillard fan, and I think Daddy is way smarter and more technical...Daddy by sub rd. 2
madmarck
3/6/07 10:10:59AM

Posted by Broknmunky

If it stays on the feet Guillard definitely but Stevenson is a good wrestler too and he will get the fight to the ground. Guillard just doesn't have anything to offer on the ground that I've seen.

Wathc his fight with Burkman. He gets some tight chokes on Josh and just holds em like somethin sick.
Pyrenus
3/6/07 10:13:35AM
I'm rooting for Melvin all the way! HIs weakness has always been his sub defense, so he will be at a huge disadvantage in this fight. Hopefully he can catch Joe with something early and finish the fight.

If it goes past the first round... then Joe will probably win it. If Joe can get it to the ground, then he'll probably win.

But Melvin is one of my favorites at LW. He's fun to watch.
waylon_o
3/6/07 10:34:25AM
I don't like Melvin AT ALL, but he is exciting to watch. That liver punch was sick.
allmotormark
3/6/07 12:27:51PM
joe dady looked lazy ,slow,in the fights i saw , melvin is very explosive and strong i am going with melvin
waylon_o
3/6/07 12:30:57PM

Posted by allmotormark

joe dady looked lazy ,slow,in the fights i saw , melvin is very explosive and strong i am going with melvin

Yeah, Melvin is most definitely explosive and strong. I wouldn't call Daddy lazy though...I would say he's more methodical. He probably has a well-thought out plan. He realizes he isn't the best striker so he's going to use his game plan, wear them down, take them down, and beat their ass on the ground.
gspfan31
3/6/07 12:41:14PM
picking melvin because he is very explosive but i'm not confident enough to bet on it
waylon_o
3/6/07 12:42:43PM
To me, Stevenson just seems so much smarter...Melvin seems wreckless.
gimmper
3/6/07 1:05:00PM

Posted by Svartorm

I've got Gulliard by Un. Decision. I think he'll be able to hurt Stevenson on the feet, but probably not put him away, and hes good enough on the ground to avoid it and keep himself from getting subbed. They both have great cardio, so I don't see either of them gassing unless its a very frantic fight.

We have finally agreed on something...you seem very wise...who do have in the spyder match
cowcatcher
3/6/07 1:24:54PM
i am no fan of joe daddy, i think his stand up is VERY weak and his sub work at this point hasn't impressed me. he is a great wrestler and a tank at 155, and he seems to want to stand more and more, but his skills just aren't there yet. melvin's biggest flaw in my book is his mental preparedness, he seems to have no game plan other that to let his natural ability overwhelm his opponents. the guy is uniquely talented and HUGE at 155 and if he comes out blazing and has a game plan for if/when the fight hits the ground there's a damn good chance he wins this fight. i think melvin takes this, but i wouldnt be shocked to see joe win by LNP, i don't see him subbing melvin.
Rich78
3/6/07 1:35:34PM
I've put some money on Joe but Melvin is a heck of an explosive fighter, and theres always at least a punchers chance especially if Joe takes it easy.
SICKRICK
3/6/07 2:24:20PM
melvin is so overrated its not even funny joe all the way
seeger1
3/6/07 2:52:47PM
I think Joe will kill him.He'll take it straight to the ground and finish it quick.Melvin hasn't a hope,Joe is too clever.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
bayonetxwork
3/6/07 3:08:17PM

Posted by Svartorm

Actually we've seen Stevenson gas before, but I doubt we'll see that happen to him again. Guillard definitely has the advantage in speed, and stamina IMO, but it just depends on how well his ground positioning is.
Pages: [1] 2