Joe "DADDY" confirms UFC 80 fight with BJ penn

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Joe "DADDY" confirms UFC 80 fight with BJ penn
ACER
11/5/07 1:06:55PM
Taken from a bulletin he sent out to his myspace friends, pity he cant say Newcastle properly

Heys guys just wanna let you all know I'm training hard. My next fight will be January 19, in New Castle, England. I will be fighting BJ Penn for the title. It will be the main event so tune in to PAY-PER-VIEW for those of you who won't be heading out there. My new gym will be opening sooner than later, so keep checking back for info on that. Also by the end of the week you will be able to get one of my signature T's with a free 8X10 signed by me. CAGECHAMP.COM is my new personal site and clothing line. Thanks for all your support!
tuvok500
11/5/07 1:16:05PM
I like Stevenson but BJ will be too much for him i think !!

i hope it will be a war !!!

loonytnt
11/5/07 1:19:31PM
idk i think BJ is good but if it goes to the later rounds Joe will take this one imo
xchickox
11/5/07 1:19:46PM
i'm shocked stevenson is an underdog, i know BJ Penn is an awesome fighter but i think stevenson is gonna overpower him and submit him mid rounds of the fight
ohiostate1016
11/5/07 3:05:30PM
It's good to finally see Daddy headlining a main event. Do you guys realize that this is the first PPV since UFC 35 where the main event will be a LW match? I'm not counting the Stevenson/Guillard UFN or UFC 73 when Sherk faced Franca, because the main event that night was Tito/Rashad.
Boo_Radley21
11/5/07 4:24:50PM
The main event that night was Silva vs Marquardt but the most hyped anticipated and promoted fight of the night was Tito Rashad.
Walker
11/5/07 5:05:45PM
It looks like a great fight on paper, us English fans are getting spoiled with the main event of this and UFC 75.

Joe will win a decision IMO. Fight of the year credentials for sure.
CwB
11/5/07 5:24:12PM
If Joe Daddy wins he will be the first TUFer to win a belt even though it is an interim belt, (matt serra doesnt count)

But i see BJ winning this fight, he is just so damn good,

BJ a fighter who has beaten Matt hughes and lost a controversial decision to GSP (that fight could of gone either way) will not be overpowered, he outstriked, or submitted by a very skilled but still unproven Joe Daddy.

If his cardio is in the right condition he will win.
tuvok500
11/5/07 5:34:46PM

Posted by CwB

If Joe Daddy wins he will be the first TUFer to win a belt even though it is an interim belt, (matt serra doesnt count)

But i see BJ winning this fight, he is just so damn good,

BJ a fighter who has beaten Matt hughes and lost a controversial decision to GSP (that fight could of gone either way) will not be overpowered, he outstriked, or submitted by a very skilled but still unproven Joe Daddy.

If his cardio is in the right condition he will win.

with the squirrel again !!

but, we have to count Serra as the first TUF to win a belt, even if he was not starting from zero !!

many others winners of TUF are not arriving from nowhere and with no records !!!

Aaronno9
11/5/07 5:36:53PM
lol @ New Castle
kevietre
11/5/07 6:50:58PM
Everyone thought Hughes would overpower BJ and he submitted him in the 1st round. BJ has too much experience having faught tougher competition like Hughes twice, Pulver twice, GSP, and even Machida just to name a few. Stevenson is a likeable guy and a hell of an athlete with more fights but he's not on BJ's level.
mk1630
11/5/07 6:58:40PM
This will be a great fight either way. If Penns works on his cardio enough, i see him winning this fight by third round TKO. Im just pissed this will be for the interm belt and not the real thing. Still dont see how Dana can let Sherk keep his title even if he is found using steroids.
NatedawgThaM
11/5/07 7:01:55PM

Posted by xchickox

i'm shocked stevenson is an underdog, i know BJ Penn is an awesome fighter but i think stevenson is gonna overpower him and submit him mid rounds of the fight

I agree 99% besides the fact he submits him. BJ is a Black belt in JJ. I think BJ's Cardio will kill him. Joe will overpower him and stop him in the 3rd or 4th...
MALICE
11/5/07 8:01:55PM

Also by the end of the week you will be able to get one of my signature T's with a free 8X10 signed by me. CAGECHAMP.COM is my new personal site and clothing line. Thanks for all your support!

Are there any fighters that are not coming out with their own clothing line?
NatedawgThaM
11/5/07 8:04:15PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Also by the end of the week you will be able to get one of my signature T's with a free 8X10 signed by me. CAGECHAMP.COM is my new personal site and clothing line. Thanks for all your support!

Are there any fighters that are not coming out with their own clothing line?

Isn't Chuck n Tito joining together to design clothes for crossdresser :D LMAO j/p

Just kiddin', not bashing...

WAR JOE!!!!
chickmagnet
11/5/07 8:17:56PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

It's good to finally see Daddy headlining a main event. Do you guys realize that this is the first PPV since UFC 35 where the main event will be a LW match? I'm not counting the Stevenson/Guillard UFN or UFC 73 when Sherk faced Franca, because the main event that night was Tito/Rashad.

the main event at UFC 73 was Silva vs. Marquardt.....I was there.
tuvok500
11/5/07 8:29:54PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by ohiostate1016

the main event at UFC 73 was Silva vs. Marquardt.....I was there.

you are right man !!

loller90278
11/6/07 12:25:36AM
i cant believe ppl are actually believing stephenson is going to win this fight, or even has a chance..his stand up is sub par, and BJ penn is lightyears ahead of him on the ground.

HulkRage
11/6/07 2:04:25AM
I can't wait, IMO this is going to be a WAR. I don't see Stevenson being a Heavy underdog.
Aaronno9
11/6/07 9:10:42AM
I think bj can dominate joe in most areas apart from wrestling and cardio, and i dont think many fighters want to spend a full fight in penns guard so his wrestling might not be to effective, but i think joe is definatly good enough to beable to hang with penn for a few rounds and wear him down, then when penn gets tired take him down and pound him out. Im not saying penn will totally gas like hes done in the past, but i do think he'l get tired alot faster then joe and it will show come the later rounds.