Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman
bojangalz
2/15/09 6:59:22PM
I'm not really up on my celebrity current events, but I was board today at work so I was surfing Break.com for a bit and camp across this:

Joaquin Phoenix On David Letterman

Is this a bit of some sort, and I'm just missing out...or has that dude completely flipped his lid? It was kind of uncomfortable to watch to be honest. I guess if nothing else I'm sure he'll get the first call when they start casting for a new Jim Morrison roll.
wiggum
2/15/09 7:12:45PM
i think thats all and act....andy kaufman style ya know?......personally i was laughing my arse off...hes not bad on the musical side of things tho, havent heard the rap stuff, but the rock stuff hes down is well, ive heard worse.....funny as hell, other than conan, dave is the man in my book
Boo_Radley21
2/15/09 7:18:57PM
Wow. Think he's serious?
evan9eleven
2/15/09 7:43:33PM
He is making some sort of documentary with Casey Affleck. The whole thing is staged, but Pheonix is so into it he's selling it to people close to him. Obviously Letterman didn't know about it. I think it's pretty cool, the whole Kaufman-esque thing. LINK
breakdown5
2/15/09 8:13:16PM
Here is him rapping:

Beware........

And here is him falling off the stage:

Funny.....
bojangalz
2/15/09 8:32:28PM
I'm never quite sure what to make of that sort of stuff...At first I thought maybe the beard was to hide his lip. But that woudn't make sence; we've all seen it by now.
babalu46
2/16/09 9:31:44AM

i cant see him on letterman but i dont care if its a hoax or not im just enjoying it
RampageOwnedYou
2/16/09 10:19:23AM
I like to know, how some of you think this is fake. This is not fake, its real. Seems like Phoenix just had a bad day, or is hungover or on some drugs. Either way, David Letterman is a dic$ for being SO rude to him. If I was Phoenix, i'd never come back on the show to be humiliated in front of the world.

That was very uncomfortable watching. I aint no Phoenix fan, but i feel bad for the guy. Still, I guess he should of not showed up, if he was going to be that boring and out of it. i have a whole new view on Letterman though, what a jerk.
bojangalz
2/16/09 8:29:25PM
I don't know man...What else was he supposed to do? Letterman is every bit the entertainer that Phoenix is. He needed to salvage the interview one way or another for his viewership. While it was very hard to watch, I got a pretty good chukle out of Letterman saying "Well Joaquin, I'm sorry you couldn't be here for the interview today." I think Dave's done that sort of thing long enough he knows how to make the most of a bad situation. It's not like he could just shake Joaquin's hand, thank him, and send him on his way.
Shawn91111
2/16/09 8:57:10PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

I like to know, how some of you think this is fake. This is not fake, its real. Seems like Phoenix just had a bad day, or is hungover or on some drugs. Either way, David Letterman is a dic$ for being SO rude to him. If I was Phoenix, i'd never come back on the show to be humiliated in front of the world.

That was very uncomfortable watching. I aint no Phoenix fan, but i feel bad for the guy. Still, I guess he should of not showed up, if he was going to be that boring and out of it. i have a whole new view on Letterman though, what a jerk.

How is Letterman a jerk? First off I think it was staged by Phoenix and his whole documentary thing he has going on. Second what was Dave supposed to do, he had to as stated by Bojanglez, salvage the interview. It wasnt like Phoenix was giving him much with his mumbled answers. The auidence got more of a kick out of Dave getting in his zings and such than watching Phoenix do a poor Kauffman.
MMAcca
2/17/09 1:38:30AM

Posted by evan9eleven

He is making some sort of documentary with Casey Affleck. The whole thing is staged,

Mayhem13
2/17/09 4:13:57PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

dont believe everything you see.

Its all a hoax and when the docementary comes out, its gonna be a big ol' joke played on everyone who bought into it....but I must say Joaquin is a convincing actor..and is really getting into character..hopefull yhe doesnt get lost in there!!

think Andy Kaufman meets Borat.