Joachim Hansen Update: NYE Withdrawal Contract-Related, Not Injury-Related

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Joachim Hansen Update: NYE Withdrawal Contract-Related, Not Injury-Related
DCRage
2/6/09 9:08:56AM
Following his mysterious withdrawal from his New Year’s Eve clash against fellow top 10-ranked lightweight Gesias Cavalcante, reigning Dream Lightweight Champion Joachim Hansen seemed to disappear. However, Hansen's business representative now says his being pulled off K-1 Dynamite was not due to injuries, but due to an ongoing contract dispute with FEG.

Article
Wolfenstein
2/6/09 1:02:06PM
The big news in the article for me, was Goran Reljic being out until the latter part of 2009...total bummer...he definetely won't make the Germany show, but maybe 100? That sounds good to me.

Also glad to hear ome discussion as to why Jim Wallhead and Abdul Mohamed didn't make the TUF cast. I know Jim was told he was too good for the show, yet the UFC hasn't offered him a contract to fight in the UFC. If the UFC is looking to expand into Europe, then they should recognize that Wallhead is not only one of the most popular UK fighters, but also one of the most talented. As far as Abdul, I can only assume he was told much the same.

I don't understand how you can be "too good for the show". Maybe the other guys just "aren't good enough".
breakdown5
2/6/09 1:19:23PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I don't understand how you can be "too good for the show". Maybe the other guys just "aren't good enough".

This is the problem with the reality show. They would rather have someone who is good on TV than have a good fighter.

And as far as the Hansen issue, FEG seems to be having a lot of problems with contracts/fighter pay. They need to get their stuff together if they want to rise to challenge the UFCs dominance. The people that are having problems are some of the bigger names in the promotion.