Joachim Hansen

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Joachim Hansen
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/23/08 8:40:26AM
After his 2 wins, one being a tko over aoki on sunday to win the tournament(alvarez couldn't continue)where does he stand in your ranks. I've always been a fan and want to add him to the top 10 but I don't think he's there yet, however I would definetly love to see him in the UFC although I don't think it would happen, Hansen seems pretty loyal to fighting out of Japan.
Thoughts on this champion.
Khaos
7/23/08 8:46:57AM
Number 4.

Ahead of Aoki, Behind Alvarez, Gomi, and Penn
dinex
7/23/08 9:39:33AM
Because I'm a big Hansen fan I'm not going to post where he is in my rankings because I'm to biased. But after beating Aoki who was ranked very high it's obvious that he should be ranked in the top10 at the very least.
shockwave
7/23/08 12:06:14PM
He's tough to rank. But since I have been a big fan for awhile I wont hesistate to put him at like 5,6, or 7. He can beat anyone, but he can also lose at any given moment. A little inconsistent at times. However, you are only as good as your last fight. Hes good. I think after his rematch with Eddie we will all know where he stands.

"Brazilians, Japanese....I'll fight anyone who stands in my way." WAR HANSEN
pv3Hpv3p
7/23/08 1:00:32PM

Posted by Khaos

Number 4.

Ahead of Aoki, Behind Alvarez, Gomi, and Penn

I was trying to set up my rankings, and thought that I was crazy for ranking Eddie so high (I had him at 3 as well)... But just couldn't talk myself into putting him any lower... Dude's the real deal
cmill21
7/23/08 2:15:14PM
I think Hellboy's emotions get the better of him. He seems to get mad if someone lands a shot on him and he begins fighting with wreckless abandon. I still think JZ is the best fighter at 155 next to BJ but IMHO Dream has the majority for top 155's, hellboy is definetly in the top 10.
cowcatcher
7/23/08 2:52:00PM
DREAM LW belt=instant top 5 ranking IMO
Pookie
7/24/08 3:16:57AM

1 BJ Penn
2 Eddie Alvarez
3 Gesias Calvancanti
4 Shinya Aoki
5 Takanori Gomi
6 Joachim Hansen
7 Sean Sherk
8 Tatsuya Kawajiri
9 Frankie Edgar
10 Tyson Griffin
The_Ho_Bag
7/24/08 4:40:41PM

Posted by Pookie

1 BJ Penn
2 Eddie Alvarez
3 Gesias Calvancanti
4 Shinya Aoki
5 Takanori Gomi
6 Joachim Hansen
7 Sean Sherk
8 Tatsuya Kawajiri
9 Frankie Edgar
10 Tyson Griffin

i think aoki should be ahead of JZ imo =)
hotrodttt
7/26/08 3:04:55AM
I'd Rank him # 4 considering the Ups and Downs that he's had in his life and Fighting carrer. He's coming into his own as of now and not many Fighters at 155 can Beat him.

1. B.J. Penn
2. Takanori Gomi
3. Eddie Alverez
4. Hellboy Hansen
5. Shinya Aoki
6. JZ Calvancanti
7. Josh Thompson
8. Tatsuya Kawajiri
9. Gilbert Melendez
10. Sean Sherk
Pookie
7/26/08 3:56:36AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by Pookie

1 BJ Penn
2 Eddie Alvarez
3 Gesias Calvancanti
4 Shinya Aoki
5 Takanori Gomi
6 Joachim Hansen
7 Sean Sherk
8 Tatsuya Kawajiri
9 Frankie Edgar
10 Tyson Griffin

i think aoki should be ahead of JZ imo =)

Considering that JZ was winning the first time - and that aoki lost to hansen soon after, its what drew me to this conclusion. Gesias gives anybody in the LW division a tough fight.