Hi its just me jkd

MMAPlayground.com » Community » Introduce yourself » Hi its just me jkd
jkdskinhead
7/14/08 11:37:52PM
Hey its a lil late but I thought I introduce myself since I havent been here that long. Some of you may already know me.. and some of you may already hate me :) Thats ok.. but I just wanted to let everyone know I got nothing against anybody.. I will always give my opinion direct and back it up with any evidence I have. Sometimes youll notice me arguing with you like I hate you, and sometimes youll see me backing you up.. Thats just how I am I dont take sides, or hold grudges, I always just give my honest opinion on subjects.. If you dont like me, I dont care.. and if you do like me, thats cool, but dont expect me to be having long conversations with you on a messenger or something.

If anyone is looking for a particular fight, or event I can try to help you find it, I usually have the latest UFCs, or major PPV events.

About me and MMA:

When the UFC events started coming out on VHS in the early and mid 90s, I saw them at my local small town video rental shop.. I saw guys with wearing karate gis and I got excited (back then we were all into some boys known as the teen age mutant ninja turtles) and wanted to rent them so bad, but my parents wouldnt let me. After that I was never really into fighting untill a few years later.. I got into a fight and got dazed, my friend pulled my enemy off and held him down with relitive ease until my enemy gave up and decided he couldnt take my friend on. It was a rather embarassing time for me. At the same time I had been starting to get into Jackie Chan movies.. I realised the fighting seens werent very realistic, but I enjoyed his comedy style, and his insane use of his surroundings. I was talking to my dad about how great Jackie was one day, when It jsut so happened Return of the Dragon was on t.v. My father asked me how many times I had seen it.. and my reply was.. "I dunno I dont think I ever saw a Bruce Lee movie before". He really couldnt belive that, he thought I must have seen one once over the years.. but I dont think I ever had. I watched the movie and was really impressed with the fight scenes, the moves seemed like they had power and would really work, they werent just silly Gung Fu flicks and insane throws that would never work. Soon enough I had the box set of Lee movies, and a number of books, and training videos. In his books Lee kept describing how you should study all the fighting arts and put the best moves from each one into your own personal style. And so I did.. Once day while on the internet I happened to come across a page about no holds bar fightings, and reality fighting. This led me to something about Ken Shamrock, and then I saw some stuff about the UFC. When I read up on the UFC I was very excited and rushed out to Blockbuster the next day and rented Ultimate Ken Shamrock, and UFC 1. I watched UFC 1 and was very amazed. Ken Shamrock seemed like a very cool and honorable fighter.. Next I popped in Ultimate Shamrock.. I was kinda dissapointed.. Ken seemed like a diffrent guy then in UFC 1.. he was no longer humble and respectfull, he was just arrogant and annoying. Ken Shamrock aside, I kept getting more and more into mma buying anything and everything I could find on dvd. I quickly discovered Pride fighting, and picked up alot of their discs.. I loved the commentary of Bas and Steven, and I loved some of their early stars like Igor and Kazu. This was around 2002 and MMA was just starting to really take off. Eventually I bought UFC 1 and showed it to my roomate (who happens to be the same kid the saved my ass in the fight). We had this big livingroom with not alot of furniture.. One day we just cleared the room out and decided to practise what we had learned through isntructional tapes and books. We pretty much jsut adopted you basic MMA rules with the exception that no strikes were allowed to the head in any form, and you couldnt intentionaly break the limb when using a submission. It hurt like hell but it was fun. Eventually we invited our friend over.. he was 6'5 and i could never handle him but my roomate could.. im only 5'8 tho and my roomate is 5'11. This built alot of confidence up in me. A couple years later there was a racist skinhead outside of where I work causing trouble.. Now I really hate racists, especially ones that use the title skinhead, it jsut pisses me off, but regardless, I probly would have gotten in his face for messing around outside my job. I lost my temper and shoved him.. from studying basic street fighting i was able to easily predict his reponse. He threw a huge lunging right hand which i was waiting for and ducked, going for his legs.. I clasped my hands together, and locked his knees up, then brought him down to the cement.. not slamming him, but controlling his decent so I would land on top of him in full mount. He really didint know what to do from there as I rained punches down on him, at first he tried to strike back from the bottum, but eventually he got dazed and just clung to my shirt ripping it. The fight was broken up by my boss, and a friend of mine who was my coworker, was in disbelief, im am a 5'8 chubby dude with glasses, and this guy was a 6 ft neo nazi skinhead that looked like he frequented the gym. I was surprised even at myeslf and my confidence.. my heart wasnt racing, I wasnt experience a huge adreniline jump, i was calm and collective like the thing never happened, my friend couldnt belive i was that calm.. he kept pacing and was out of breath and he had only spectated. Soon after I found out my sister's husband used to watch the UFC's back in the day, but now he really didnt watch anything , and my sister watched WWE. Me and Her husband talked alot about the old ufcs, then later on they started advertising for the reality show, the ultimate fighter. It was gonna be on right after wrestling on spike so I told my sister she should check it out.. She did and to my surprise she liked it.. It wasnt long after that, that my crazy brother in-law was holding Fight Night parties in his garage with a projector and a keg. MMA has played some of the best, and sometimes most embarassing parts of my life. I love the sport!

BTW heres my fighter rankings!

P4P:
1 Georges St. Pierre

2 Anderson Silva

3 Shinya Aoki

4 Fedor Emelianenko

5 Takanori Gomi

6 Quinton Jackson

7 BJ Penn

8 Wanderlei Silva

9 Genki Sudo

10 Kazushi Sakuraba

Favorites:
1 Kazushi Sakuraba

2 Igor Vovchanchyn

3 Quinton Jackson

4 Genki Sudo

5 Wanderlei Silva

6 Georges St. Pierre

7 Fedor Emelianenko

8 Jeff Monson

9 Takanori Gomi

10 Brandon Vera
loller90278
7/14/08 11:58:21PM
i'm not gonna even try and read that 18 page essay, but welcome to the site
wolfman
7/15/08 12:06:04AM

Posted by loller90278

Yeah.....Welcome to the site.
Raykill
7/15/08 12:20:44AM

Posted by loller90278

welcome...
jkdskinhead
7/15/08 12:24:41AM
Fine when im rich and famous this will all be in my life storey and youll have to pay 29.95 for the hardcover!!!
Basshandsome
7/15/08 12:50:37AM
"Now I really hate racists, especially ones that use the title skinhead, it jsut pisses me off"

Your screenname is Jkdskinhead... explain?
Kracker_Jap
7/15/08 1:02:06AM
There is probally no hair on his head....
jkdskinhead
7/15/08 2:22:07AM

Posted by Basshandsome

"Now I really hate racists, especially ones that use the title skinhead, it jsut pisses me off"

Your screenname is Jkdskinhead... explain?

It is a common misconception that the word skinhead=racist.

The skinhead sub culture started in the 60s in England. Many Jamaicans migrated to the country, and brought with them reggae and ska music. Lower income teens started filling up the ska halls. They were mostly dock workers that shaved their heads to avoid lice. The skinhead movement was borne and jamaican reggae bands devoted songs to skinheads such as "skinhead girl" and "skinhead moon stomp". During the late 70s the skinhead movement had grown. Not all of the new skinheads new their roots, they just went to football matches to cause riots and fights, and skinheads became labeled as thugs. The Brittish National Party (an extreme right wing org) started highering them as storm troopers to do their handy work. By the mid 80s some violent attacks commited by racist skinheads were all over the media. This was the first time skinheads really got any media attention in america, and so people thought skinheads were just a group of racists.

In reality though there are only a small number of white power or neo nazis skinheads. Infact the largest populations of skinheads are in the countries of Brazil and Japan. My wife is a filipino skingirl.

Here is a video of one of my favorite japanese skinhead band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3hQGtz3gGs&feature=related

Today the media still focuses on skinheads being racist, but sometimes they will put a small side note that there are non racist skinheads.

Some bands you may have heard of before that have skinheads in them are:

The Dropkick Murphys
The Transplants
Flogging Molly
Madness (they had that 80s hit with the chorus "Our house.. in the middle of the street")

Here is a music video for a redone ska verson of skinhead moonstomp done by the band "the specials" a mixture of black and white skinheads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlWxvlQ8Zy4
ufcboss
7/15/08 7:34:15AM
Here is a song for ya. From a Aussie classic 'Romper Stomper"

skinhead, skinhead.................................

http://youtube.com/watch?v=292Jml0Tn5I
jkdskinhead
7/15/08 2:41:35PM

Posted by ufcboss

Here is a song for ya. From a Aussie classic 'Romper Stomper"

skinhead, skinhead.................................

http://youtube.com/watch?v=292Jml0Tn5I

Eww thats a racist song that wasnt even made by a real band, it was jsut put together for the movie :) Its kinda catchey though
misses1112
7/15/08 4:58:53PM
hi, i'm mexican and i love tortillas
jkdskinhead
7/15/08 5:09:24PM

Posted by misses1112

hi, i'm mexican and i love tortillas

Tortillas RULE!!
Kracker_Jap
7/15/08 8:35:44PM
i grew up in a town called Aberdeen the one Kurt Cobain is from.....

We had kids running around claim'in SHARP

S kin
H eadz
A gainst
R acial
P rejudice

There was alot of Punk rock in Aberdeen in the early 90's

I'm not sure if the TS is the same
jkdskinhead
7/16/08 12:21:33AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

i grew up in a town called Aberdeen the one Kurt Cobain is from.....

We had kids running around claim'in SHARP

S kin
H eadz
A gainst
R acial
P rejudice

There was alot of Punk rock in Aberdeen in the early 90's

I'm not sure if the TS is the same

Yea sharp is just an offshoot of skinheads, there are many diffrent kinds, including communist, or red skins (which jeff monson has actually attended some rallies)

Im a non political skin, a "traditional" skinhead, meaning i dont really care about all that stuff and think they have nothing to with being a skinhead.. outside of being a skinhead though, it is my own personal opinion that i hate me some racists
casey64
7/16/08 11:17:07PM
Welcome
MrMean
7/23/08 4:54:56PM
LOL LOL Dude you need to find a women...... Or a man what ever floats your boat............
jkdskinhead
8/21/08 4:22:37PM
Um... yea... im married to a Filipina skingirl.. but uh thx for the comment...
macau
9/2/08 2:45:34PM
welcome jkdskinhead.