Jimmy Fallon to take over "Late Night" when Conan repalces Leno in 2009

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Jimmy Fallon to take over "Late Night" when Conan repalces Leno in 2009
POLL: is Fallon a good replacement for Conan?
yes 22% (4)
no 33% (6)
maybe 22% (4)
who cares? 22% (4)
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/12/08 2:43:42PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Jimmy Fallon will officially be given the keys to NBC's "Late Night" franchise following Conan O'Brien's exit.

Jimmy Fallon will become the new "Late Night" host in 2009.

The network announced Monday that the former "Saturday Night Live" comedian will take over "Late Night" in 2009.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/12/tv.nbc.fallon.ap/index.html

is this a good fit u guys?

i find him kinda annoying yet surprisingly funny @ times. i can go either way so im not gonna vote, but im curious as what opinions yall might have
disorderlyvision
5/12/08 2:54:45PM
he will probably be better than conan. i never really liked conan he gets on my nerves. with that said conan will probably be better than leno who get on my nerves even worse. in fact about the only late night guy i find humorus is craig fergesun(sp) that dude is funny
pv3Hpv3p
5/12/08 3:25:41PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

he will probably be better than conan. i never really liked conan he gets on my nerves. with that said conan will probably be better than leno who get on my nerves even worse. in fact about the only late night guy i find humorus is craig fergesun(sp) that dude is funny

If Conan gets on your nerves (I happen to think he's hilarious) then I don't know how Fallon won't bug you...

I personally think it's a horrible move... Not a Jimmy Fallon fan...

I like Leno and it'll be sad to see him go, but I'm glad Conan got the promotion... Personally think he used to have the funniest show out of all the late night deals... Admittidly I haven't watched it as much nowadays, but used to really dig it when I was younger...
Kpro
5/12/08 8:06:09PM
So that everyone knows.

Conan replacing Leno was agreed upon years and years ago; Leno thought he only had so many years in him so it was agreed that Conan would take over in 5(or so) years or get paid $25 mil to stay in his current time slot.

Now that Leno has taken over the top spot and appears to want to continue, NBC obviously still doesn't want to pay the money to Conan to retain Leno.

Conan will move up, Fallon will move into the later spot and I believe will do an excellent job.

And Leno will probably go to ABC in front of Kimmell if he wants to continue; unfortunately bumping Jimmy back a half hour.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/12/08 8:21:52PM
sigh
iwannabesedated
5/12/08 8:26:14PM
WAR Letterman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cladrix
5/13/08 11:27:45AM
WAR CRAIG FERGUSON!!!!

Conan devserves the top stop....... now as for Jimmy Fallon replacing him................. *face palm*
Raykill
5/13/08 1:27:43PM
Jimmy is much more funny than Conan. I wish that Bobblehead would just retire..
Jipper
6/7/08 10:47:09AM
Carson Daley must feel like someone took a steaming sh!t on his chest (assuming he doesn't like that sort of thing). Honestly though, I tried watching his show before. The only thing I've found it to be good for was it's use in My Name is Earl.