Jimmo in Search of Excellence and 18 Straight Wins

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jimmo in Search of Excellence and 18 Straight Wins
Rabi
2/13/13 1:03:39PM
Five years and 16 consecutive wins after losing his MMA debut, Ryan Jimmo finally made his way into the Octagon.

Seven seconds later, the 31-year-old Canadian stood in the center of the cage, smiling as he broke out his patented celebratory dance, a rock-solid “robot” that ended with a full front split.

The journey to UFC 149 in Calgary, Alberta last summer was a circuitous one, as he threw hands across his home and native land in various organizations, ultimately settling in Edmonton for an extended run in the country’s premier organization, the Maximum Fighting Championship.

After racking up nine consecutive victories prior to his MFC return, Jimmo rattled off four more wins to arrive at a title shot, and then defeated fan favourite Dwayne Lewis to claim the vacant light heavyweight title. In his next two outings, “The Big Deal” defeated current Ultimate Fighter contestant Zak Cummings and former PRIDE and UFC competitor Sokoudjou by decision to run his winning streak to 16 straight.

Half of those 16 wins – including six out of seven following his return to the MFC – came by way of decision, earning Jimmo an unappealing reputation as a decision fighter; someone more interested in making sure he added another win to his resume than entertaining the fans.

LINK
Goatenstein
2/13/13 2:51:41PM
If he hadn't blasted Perosh in 7 seconds it would have been a boring decision too. Te Huna will light him up.
tcunningham
2/13/13 3:57:16PM
i'll head up the jimmo hate wagon.
Travesty145
2/13/13 4:07:57PM
team thunder thighs. jimmo wins by knockout
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cowcatcher
2/13/13 4:27:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

I'm with you. I've seen too many boring Jimmo fights to think that a quick KO of Perosh means he's turned over a new leaf and will be an exciting fighter from here on out. If he proves me wrong then I'll gladly hop off the wagon, but for now I'm with you.
Budgellism
2/13/13 4:36:33PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by tcunningham

I'm with you. I've seen too many boring Jimmo fights to think that a quick KO of Perosh means he's turned over a new leaf and will be an exciting fighter from here on out. If he proves me wrong then I'll gladly hop off the wagon, but for now I'm with you.

Agreed. I'm with you guys. Jimmo does have some power but he's mostly a decision fighter, and not an entertaining one. I really hope Te Huna runs through him.
shaneTpain
2/13/13 5:11:07PM
Jimmo was just saving all his KO wins for the UFC! Youll see