Jim Rome rips apart EliteXC and Kimbo Slice

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jim Rome rips apart EliteXC and Kimbo Slice
ufc88
10/6/08 10:29:02PM
RampageOwnedYou
10/6/08 10:35:16PM
I agree with him 95% on what he said.

Good on him!!
imanidiot777
10/6/08 10:37:40PM

I love Jim Rome, he is one of the few ESPN guys who loves MMA. I've seen Dan Henderson and Urijah Faber on his show before, Tony Kornheiser should listen to him.
MALICE
10/6/08 10:52:17PM
Wow. Very nicely put Jim.
seanfu
10/6/08 10:56:05PM
Yeah, mr Jim Rome the guy who didn't call MMA human cockfighting anly a few years ago. But well put lol
Aether
10/6/08 11:15:21PM
pffft yeah Jim really loves MMA... Now that it's mainstream. Basically less than a year ago he was one of the boxing fanatics talking about how primitive MMA was. This guy is a joke and if you think he has fighters on his show because he enjoys the sport and not because he eventually realized that despite his stupidity the sport wasn't just a flash in the pan, you're fooling yourself. The guy does what he needs to do to make money, that's all. He's a piece of shit and he knows nothing about the sport. The only reason people are supporting him is because he's talking about kimbo and elitexc who everyone loves to hate. If he were talking about anyone popular everyone would be shitting all over him. Rightfully so.

Jim Rome is a piece of garbage. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Jackelope
10/6/08 11:34:39PM
I still think Rome is an idiot.

He just takes hot topics and provides an extreme opinion one way or another on them to get people talking. Obviously it's a great scheme, but this WAS the same guy that was on the anti-MMA bandwagon not too long ago. Shut up, Jim.

Edit: Although I will admit I pretty much 100% agree with what he said.
pgally2000
10/7/08 3:25:55AM
Haha I'm sure if that fight was on ABC he would be saying how great Kimbo is and how EliteXC is the best MMA organization on the planet. The man is a puppet, and knows nothing about the sport.
mauladala
10/7/08 8:13:25AM
This vid is from right after the event versus Thompson, not after Kimbo getting TKO'd. This is pretty old. This was brought to my attention upon posting the vieo at another site. lol
Branwest
10/7/08 9:36:19AM
Whether you like him or not, he was right......
DevonFoxy
10/7/08 9:57:40AM

Posted by Jackelope

I still think Rome is an idiot.

He just takes hot topics and provides an extreme opinion one way or another on them to get people talking. Obviously it's a great scheme, but this WAS the same guy that was on the anti-MMA bandwagon not too long ago. Shut up, Jim.

Edit: Although I will admit I pretty much 100% agree with what he said.

Agree he made the right call on this....this time. Dudes a D-Bag i just remember when he said something to...dang i can't remember but he called the guy by the wrong name a couple of times and the guy just beat the crap out of him......moral of the story...i don't like Rome.

Edit: It was Jim Everett and he kept calling him Chris....freaken hilarious watch it here
CiaoBaby
10/7/08 10:28:54AM
Correct sir!
emfleek
10/7/08 10:43:26AM
Cowherd > Rome
postman
10/7/08 11:15:36AM
Ferrall>Rome, Cowheard, Mike and Mike, Russo, and any other sports yapper out there.
emfleek
10/7/08 11:26:54AM

Posted by postman

Ferrall>Rome, Cowheard, Mike and Mike, Russo, and any other sports yapper out there.

Sorry, Ferrall lost ALL credibility by being involved with YAMMA.
IriShame
10/7/08 12:58:56PM
A friend of mine in Santa Barbara's dad knows Jim Rome and i was telling him that I thought Rome was an ass kissing two-faced jerk. He told me that Jim is like 5'5" and I'm not sure why but it made me happy. I feel like it explains a lot about him, he has some hardcore small man syndrome. Plus, I feel someone needs to say this, HE IS NOT FUNNY. I'm so irritated by guys trying to make jokes instead of report on sports, especially when those jokes lack punchlines or even the slightest hint of humor.
loonytnt
10/7/08 1:09:47PM
espn dont know anything about mma, but this is one of the few that do, good for him
jiujitsufreak74
10/7/08 1:57:51PM
this is pretty old actually
postman
10/7/08 3:06:13PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

Sorry, Ferrall lost ALL credibility by being involved with YAMMA.

I will give you that. I never looked a Ferrall as an MMA insider. There is no one with a better Brand then Scott nor anyone who knows Baseball Hockey or Football IMO.
June
10/7/08 3:17:04PM
Jim Rome said what all hard core fans have been thinking for a long time.
bls1919
10/7/08 5:22:37PM
I hate to say it but hes right on this ocassion. But that doesn't make him less of an ass. The whole everett bit, all of his "rants". Also i would like to say that Tony Kornholer on PTI is also a jackass. He was calling Petruzelli a "guy they picked from the stands" Now Seth isn't great competition but he is a UFC vet. It's like these guys don't even cover the sport, the just react to it.
jgtribbett
10/7/08 5:59:42PM
i've never ever seen that guy (haven't owned a tv since i joined the military haha) but i need to get a tv just to listen to that guy.. right on!!
dannyfrank
10/7/08 7:12:24PM
yeah, i have no idea who jim rome is, but i definitely agreed with what he said here
FrankTheTank1181
10/8/08 12:14:29AM
That clip is pretty old, you can see Manny Ramirez and a Red Sox logo, lol. Jim Rome should be a politician, he seems pretty good at flip-flopping. I seen his show today and on his final burn he talked about Kimbo vs. Petruzelli. He sure TALKS a whole lot but he never seems to SAY anything.