Jim Miller vs Thiago Tavares UFC 103 fight announced for Sept. 19

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jim Miller vs Thiago Tavares UFC 103 fight announced for Sept. 19
emfleek
8/4/09 8:29:28AM
It was recently announced that Jim Miller (14-2) and Thiago Tavares (14-3) will collide in a lightweight showdown at UFC 103 from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, on Sept. 19.

Miller is fresh off a unanimous decision win over Mac Danzig at UFC 100 on July 11, during which he leveraged his strong wrestling skills and ground and pound to beat the California native to a bloody pulp.

STORY
postman
8/4/09 8:51:35AM
Thiago is one of my fav fighters but I just hope he makes it out alive.
bojangalz
8/4/09 9:33:20AM
UFC's LW division is so stacked it's rediculous. Honestly- I think you could practically throw two darts at the board and get a great match-up no matter what.

This fight, like so many others is very intriguing. Looking forward to it for sure.
emfleek
8/4/09 9:34:40AM

Posted by bojangalz

UFC's LW division is so stacked it's rediculous. Honestly- I think you could practically throw two darts at the board and get a great match-up no matter what.

This fight, like so many others is very intriguing. Looking forward to it for sure.

Ditto. WAR MILLER!
prozacnation1978
8/4/09 9:35:52AM
good fight, damm 13 fight card now!!!
Mayhem13
8/4/09 9:49:56AM
This card is sweet! I want to see a 3 hour broadcast!!!!

This fight will probably be a good scrap, until Tavares gets knocked out in the 2nd
KaibaThedon
8/4/09 12:34:26PM
Jim Miller is so freakin' tough it ain't even funny.

It takes a beast of a monster like Gray Maynard for this guy to lose. (or Frankie Edgar)

I have Jim Miller winning by Unanimous. Up the LW ladder you go!
Twenty20Dollars
8/4/09 2:01:30PM
Lets not forget tavares I think might be the bigger fighter here and might just takedown Jim. Ground games might be equal.

So it comes down to striking. Maybe Tavares by Split or Miller by UD.
xtra_chewy
8/5/09 4:51:30PM
Awsome fight, a couple of my favorite LW's!! I'd probably go with Miller because of his wrestling. Good match-up!
Irish_Pride
8/5/09 5:02:32PM
Wow, 103 is one hell of a card. Tavares and Miller are both very talented fighters but after what Miller did to Danzig, I gotta go with Miller to win this fight. He is just so skilled. I'm definetely watching 103 for sure.