Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jim Miller Not Planning on Sitting and Waiting for a Title Shot
Rabi
4/5/11 2:31:16PM
If there’s one thing to know about UFC lightweight Jim Miller, he’s not planning on going the Rashad Evans route to a title shot.

That’s not a dig on Evans, but after his win over Quinton “Rampage” Jackson last year, the former “Ultimate Fighter” winner was offered a shot at the light heavyweight title and opted to sit out and wait until then champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua was healthy and ready to fight.

Link
Theoutlaw08
4/5/11 2:40:22PM
Jim Miller is clearly in the "mix". But there are a ton of guys in the LW division in the "mix". I'm glad he's not going to sit and wait. I hope he destroys a few opponents and then gets a shot. I would like to see him and Guillard go at it. That of course is after Guillard dominates Roller.
Budgellism
4/5/11 3:06:45PM
Miller is just a champ in his own right. I love this guy's attitude and his style. I really hope he can work his way to a title shot.
prozacnation1978
4/5/11 5:10:10PM
The miller's are gamers!!!
Twenty20Dollars
4/5/11 5:36:09PM
A lot depends on the other fights first. First you have the title fight, then if Pettis wins he prolly get the next shot.

But if Guida wins, and Miller hasnt gotten another fight he would prolly get it. Then if Guida wins and Miller takes another fight and Guillard wins he would prolly get the next shot and then Guida would face the winner of Siver/Wiman.
FastKnockout
4/5/11 5:54:59PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Jim Miller is clearly in the "mix". But there are a ton of guys in the LW division in the "mix". I'm glad he's not going to sit and wait. I hope he destroys a few opponents and then gets a shot. I would like to see him and Guillard go at it. That of course is after Guillard dominates Roller.

I agree with matching him up with Guillard. Could make for an entertaining contender eliminator.
pmoney
4/5/11 9:12:55PM
Miller bros, FTW! If Pettis loses, give it to Miller. In my book he doesn't need to fight anyone else to earn his shot. But he is definitely smart to stay active while waiting for his shot.

The Lightweight division is a cluster**** right now, there are so many matches that could be made for the title/number one contenders. No one has a win streak going like Jim Miller, though.
Lesnar1
4/6/11 6:12:09AM
Jim miller should just fight, fight, fight and win, win, win and prove to everyone why he's the man.
Lesnar1
4/6/11 6:19:48AM
Jim miller should just fight, fight, fight and win, win, win and prove to everyone why he's the man.

woops posted twice oh well at least what im trying to say is 2 times as strong
jgtribbett
4/6/11 9:01:28AM
this is good news, and honestly I think is better for his career. Sitting and waiting is no fun for funs hahaha. selfish of me.
TS92turbo
4/6/11 3:56:44PM
I want Guillard vs Miller!