Does Jim Miller deserve a title shot if he beats Nate Diaz?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Does Jim Miller deserve a title shot if he beats Nate Diaz?
POLL: Does Jim Miller deserve a title shot?
Yes 32% (7)
No 36% (8)
Depends on how he wins 32% (7)
FastKnockout
5/2/12 7:13:15PM
According to Dana White, only Nate Diaz and Johny Hendricks will be awarded title shots if they win. Do you feel Jim Miller deserves a shot at the title if he makes it past Nate Diaz?
Chael_Sonnen
5/2/12 7:27:41PM
Absolutely......NO......he needs a couple more wins to climb up the ladder.
FastKnockout
5/2/12 7:44:10PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Absolutely......NO......he needs a couple more wins to climb up the ladder.

I would agree if there was more variety in the title picture but as it stands the only guys who can make a case for a title shot is the winner of Diaz/Miller and Anthony Pettis.
Twenty20Dollars
5/2/12 7:51:51PM
No.

Maybe if this was a different division then maybe.

I actually thought he was coming off the Bendo loss here, but I remember he subbed Guillard.

So, maybe. I kind think it should go both ways if it is a no.1 contender fight, winner gets a title shot.

If Jim won though and didn't get a title shot, I would say he only needs 1 more fight before a title shot, not two.

But again it's Dana word, which holds no weight.
KungFuMaster
5/2/12 9:13:33PM
The way I see it - if Diaz is granted a title shot for beating Miller, then Miller should be awarded as well if he beats Diaz. The reason I say that is because there are only 3 top contenders at the moment - Diaz, Miller, and Pettis.

Henderson and Edgar are expected to rematch in the summer which gives plenty of time for a possible Diaz vs Pettis or Miller vs Pettis before the LW champ has to fight again.
BuffaloDave
5/2/12 9:39:29PM
If he finishes Diaz or dominates him to a decision, then he can make a strong case for the next title shot, or definitely only be one more fight away from one.
aussiemma
5/2/12 9:57:29PM
he was building up for a shot for a long time until he recently got beat by ben henderson, that was his chance and i cant see any lw getting a title shot from a two fight win streak and thats even if he beats nate.
its so crazy how competitive the ufc gets year after year, i remember miller being a top contender for ages and now it seems like he isn't relevant at all.
FastKnockout
5/2/12 11:15:05PM

Posted by aussiemma

he was building up for a shot for a long time until he recently got beat by ben henderson, that was his chance and i cant see any lw getting a title shot from a two fight win streak and thats even if he beats nate.
its so crazy how competitive the ufc gets year after year, i remember miller being a top contender for ages and now it seems like he isn't relevant at all.

He's still a top contender since his last loss was to the npw current champion.
Pookie
5/2/12 11:21:20PM
The thing that sucks for Jim here is that you never recieve a title shot against anyone you've lost to twice.

He's lost once to Henderson, Edgar, and Maynard. He has very few title shots that will be awarded to him, regardless of record.
FlashyG
5/3/12 1:23:23AM
I think I'd rather see Pettis vs Henderson II before Miller v Henderson II

If Miller beats Diaz his title shot will come, he'll likely just have to win one against someone lower in the division while Bendo rematches Pettis first.

Budgellism
5/3/12 1:38:46AM
If Miller wins he should fight the Maynard/Guida winner or fight Pettis sometime around UFC 150 (when Edgar fights Bendo again).

If Nate wins let him have the title shot and have Pettis fight Maynard if he beats Guida.

That's how I'd like to see it play out.
prozacnation1978
5/3/12 3:03:18AM
Neither guy. I still think
Winner vs pettis for next shot
aussiemma
5/3/12 4:47:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by aussiemma

He's still a top contender since his last loss was to the npw current champion.

all im saying is that the lw division is probably the most stacked out of any in the ufc and since he lost to the current champ his chances of getting another shot are very slim until he gets a streak going again.. dana has already said that even if jim wins he would not get a shot whers nate will if he wins. So you already got frankie and nate off the top of my head that are infront of him.

his prospects arent as high as they where lets say a year ago when he was on a tear.
ChefhMikey
5/3/12 6:05:02AM
They should make the winner of this fight face Showtime Pettis!

My websites: [URL="http://www.libertysilver.se/"]Köpa Guld[/URL][URL="https://www.libertysilver.ee/se/"]Köpa Silver[/URL]
Twenty20Dollars
5/3/12 11:27:06AM
If Diaz wins and Edgar wins then Diaz isn't taking the title shot, I believe.
LuckyCharms
5/3/12 12:26:14PM
I voted on how he wins the fight. if it goes to a close decision then no, but if Miller is able to finish the fight early then yes.

In the fight between Miller and Henderson, Henderson was able to win the fight do his wrestling mindset. Miller kept going for any submission he saw, that made him lose position and give Henderson the dominant position in the fight.

If Miller gets a title shot with Henderson, I'm highly sure that Miller will change his gameplan/mindset of the fight. And focus more on position and go for submission that will not cause him to give up dominant position.