Jesse Taylor

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Jesse Taylor
Aaronno9
6/18/08 10:36:20PM
You f**king idiot.

I kinda have a tiny tiny suspicion that they where kinda looking for an excuse to CB back in but damn, why would you even take that risk? Foolish.
cmill21
6/18/08 10:42:30PM
Honestly I agree with Dana's decision...If the guys acting like that when he's in the final, what will he do if he won? The sport doesn't need a Mike Tyson, it can't handle it.
dannyfrank
6/18/08 10:43:36PM
it was really stupid what he did, but i do have a little sympathy for him. sucks how one drunken night can f*ck up your whole life. but still, he should have known better
gartface
6/18/08 10:43:39PM

Posted by Aaronno9

You f**king idiot.

I kinda have a tiny tiny suspicion that they where kinda looking for an excuse to CB back in but damn, why would you even take that risk? Foolish.

Seriously, you're calling shenanigans on this? He deserved what he got, he was representing the UFC, and an extremely unprofessional job of doing that.
Aaronno9
6/18/08 10:44:05PM

Posted by cmill21

Honestly I agree with Dana's decision...If the guys acting like that when he's in the final, what will he do if he won? The sport doesn't need a Mike Tyson, it can't handle it.

Yeh i agree with dana to, hopefully, this will really ground jesse and make him get his act together, then i think dana will give him another chance.

I think the best thing to do would of been to have cb fight creuder or however you spell it, since it was only 2 days after the final anyways i think they would of had time to do it.
cmill21
6/18/08 10:45:01PM

Posted by dannyfrank

it was really stupid what he did, but i do have a little sympathy for him. sucks how one drunken night can f*ck up your whole life. but still, he should have known better

I think he'll get another shot. I think he'll be on an incredibly short leash though.
Aaronno9
6/18/08 10:49:30PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Aaronno9

You f**king idiot.

Seriously, you're calling shenanigans on this? He deserved what he got, he was representing the UFC, and an extremely unprofessional job of doing that.

Nope, i totally agree with dana. I just think considering the ufcs got guys like gulliard who got busted for taking coke, chris leben in jail, jon koppenhaver who just beat the shit out of somebody and choked em unconscious that JT could of been given another chance.
dannyfrank
6/18/08 10:51:45PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by dannyfrank

I think he'll get another shot. I think he'll be on an incredibly short leash though.

oh, im sure he will too after listening to what dana said. but still, he could have possibly screwed up his life
gartface
6/18/08 10:52:40PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by gartface

Posted by Aaronno9

You f**king idiot.

Nope, i totally agree with dana. I just think considering the ufcs got guys like gulliard who got busted for taking coke, chris leben in jail, jon koppenhaver who just beat the shit out of somebody and choked em unconscious that JT could of been given another chance.

Good point. Didn't look at it that way. A question I'd like to ask is if the UFC was paying for all of the their hotel and partying expenses?
ncordless
6/18/08 10:56:51PM
There's a moral here folks, if you can't hold your booze don't drink.
cmill21
6/18/08 11:03:30PM

Posted by ncordless

There's a moral here folks, if you can't hold your booze don't drink.

Yeah and that man clearly has a problem.
dannyfrank
6/18/08 11:03:43PM
is it just me or did dana seem very godfather-like when he was talking to JT. he was like "this is my town. i know everything that goes on here! you think you can slip by me, f*ck that!"
ncordless
6/18/08 11:04:18PM
I am really happy with Dana right now. He made the right decision in kicking JT. And now we get overtime!
Aaronno9
6/18/08 11:06:41PM
Tims got a pretty good chin man, hes been socked clean like 4 times this round and he keeps coming back! It would of been awesome if hed managed to finish CB when he dropped him. I see CB spending the majority of this next round on top reigning down elbows though.
Twenty20Dollars
6/18/08 11:13:16PM
young, dumb and full of cum.

that's what you get for being stupid and young and drinking. but really im sure we all saw it coming, from the things he did in the house.
gartface
6/18/08 11:17:31PM
Isn't it crazy how great of a amateur wrestler CB is, and how easily he gasses?
cmill21
6/18/08 11:18:09PM
Anyone else thinking CB would be almost unstoppable with a gas tank? lol
holt8081
6/18/08 11:19:57PM
No he had gas when he fought amir. but he seems to have no gas know.
cmill21
6/18/08 11:20:47PM

Posted by holt8081

Really I thought he gassed in 2 against Amir.
dannyfrank
6/18/08 11:25:45PM
damn!

cb won
gartface
6/18/08 11:26:20PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by holt8081

Really I thought he gassed in 2 against Amir.

me too.
ncordless
6/18/08 11:34:18PM

Posted by gartface

Isn't it crazy how great of a amateur wrestler CB is, and how easily he gasses?

Not really. I've seen people gas all the time in wrestling. ASU isn't really known for their conditioning... at least not like Iowa.

On a related note, Tim Creduer has some of the worst takedown defense I've seen. CB's shots were not that great alot of the time... he was powering through them, but they were so obvious and sometimes shot from way too far out.
Mchubb316
6/18/08 11:46:25PM
Removing Jesse Taylor was the absolute correct decision. The UFC and the sport does not need anymore negative light shed on it. Iam not saying Jesse is a bad person, but you simply can't go around acting like that claiming you fight for the UFC with no consequences. I can see Jesse fighting on a fight night undercard in 2009.
I do think that CB was slightly exposed tonight, and Amir will have confidence going into this fight. It seems CB lacks punching power, and is careless in his standup. I also question his chin. He got clipped a couple times and looked hurt, but Tim and Amir aren't really powerful punchers either. CB better come in with better cardio, or he will lose to Amir again. Overall it was a solid season, with quality fights. Hopefully next season will be good as well.
rabbit915
6/19/08 12:19:57AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Removing Jesse Taylor was the absolute correct decision. The UFC and the sport does not need anymore negative light shed on it. Iam not saying Jesse is a bad person, but you simply can't go around acting like that claiming you fight for the UFC with no consequences.

This sums it up for me. I honestly think it would have been a slap on the wrist until he tried to claim it was okay because he was in the UFC. I honestly thing thats the sole reason he got kicked off.
jimmypockets
6/19/08 12:20:01AM
What a meathead. It was not stupid to drink. It was stupid to drink in public. He should have never even put himself in a position to make a mistake like that. I saw that coming though after he pissed himself on National TV. Look at the brightside though, at least he has plenty of time to drink now.................Cheers!!
loller90278
6/19/08 12:55:38AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

young, dumb and full of cum.

whoa...
Raykill
6/19/08 1:02:17AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Aaronno9

You f**king idiot.

I have said it more than once and I will say it again. The only way the mainstream will take the sport seriously is to make sure we don’t have fighters out there bringing the sport down like this.
Once it’s more accepted that means a lot more possibilities for the fighters to include being paid more.
Gipper
6/19/08 4:50:38AM
jt will be back. i think dana will give him another chance. this guy has some serious potential. he's big, strong, athletic and doesn't give a f*ck. once he learns how to act like a true professional ......... watch out.
scoozna
6/19/08 9:03:42AM

Posted by dannyfrank

is it just me or did dana seem very godfather-like when he was talking to JT. he was like "this is my town. i know everything that goes on here! you think you can slip by me, f*ck that!"

I was thinking the same thing. On the same topic, if JT had done all this crap in his hometown (assuming he doesn't live in L.V.) we wouldn't be having this conversation.
kevietre
6/19/08 10:58:42AM
I don't think it was such a big twist as they made it out to be. Jesse got drunk and did something stupid, in the commercial they made it seem like it was going to be a Steven King novel ending but really just a guy getting out of control. He deserved to go but this season was one of the most boring seasons.