Jeremy Shockey saves Carolina teammate from choking...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Jeremy Shockey saves Carolina teammate from choking...
emfleek
8/30/11 11:04:32AM
The Carolina Panthers hope tight end Jeremy Shockey will be clutch in their passing game this season. He's already come up big this year in another department -- saving a life.

The agent for tight end Ben Hartsock told the National Football Post that Shockey came to the aid of his client in the Panthers' lunch room when a piece of pork tenderloin became lodged in Hartsock's throat.

"(Hartsock) started to go to the bathroom and I don't know if he collapsed, but he couldn't breathe," agent Mike McCartney told the website. "Some new guy came and tried to give him the Heimlich. It didn't work. Then, Shockey hit him in the back pretty hard and out came the meat. The Panthers told me it was really scary.

"Ben told me Shockey came over and gave me the Heimlich maneuver and saved my life. He was in good spirits and he's real thankful for Shockey."

The Panthers signed Shockey in March after he was cut by the New Orleans Saints.

LINK

In related news, after hearing of this incident, Shockey has been approached by, and offered a contract from the Chicago Cubs.

prophecy033
8/30/11 11:53:22AM

Posted by emfleek

In related news, after hearing of this incident, Shockey has been approached by, and offered a contract from the Chicago Cubs.

*ouch*
UFC_Fanatic
8/30/11 9:57:15PM

Posted by emfleek

As a cubs fan, I must quote Peter Griffin. "Ouch, my pride".
emfleek
8/31/11 9:02:16AM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

As a cubs fan, I must quote Peter Griffin. "Ouch, my pride".

I'm a Cubs fan, too, man. However...the truth is the truth.