Jeremy Horn

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Jeremy Horn
The_Grim_Reaper
9/2/07 8:05:08AM
Jeremy Horn just lossed yesterday at an Art of War show, im pretty upset about this, what do you guys think about this?, and other thoughts on Horn as well, such as should he keep fighting, w/e you would like to say
grappler0000
9/2/07 8:07:11AM
This should probably be posted in the Spoilers.
Stickan
9/2/07 9:04:46AM

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

Jeremy Horn just lossed yesterday at an Art of War show, im pretty upset about this, what do you guys think about this?, and other thoughts on Horn as well, such as should he keep fighting, w/e you would like to say

I'd say the upsetting part isn't that he lost, it's that he, the supposed submission ace got submitted in the first round.
I've never been overly impressed by Horn. He doesn't seem to have any passion for the sport anymore and I don't know if he just competes because he can't do anything else or if he actually likes it.
jomatty
9/2/07 12:32:35PM
jeremy horn has always been one of my favorite fighters but he has looked bad in his most recent match ups. also for someone with good submissions he does get caught a lot. i cant remember the fight but he got caught in a weird both arms in triangle that he should have been able to escape imo.
puppettamer
9/2/07 6:16:06PM
i think it might just be time to move on it seems he does not that the sport to serious i agree and yeah maybe a IFL coach position might just be best in this world for him
SpiderSilva
9/3/07 5:45:12PM
R.I.P. Jeremy Horns career
Irish209
9/5/07 1:13:00PM
its really easy to get caught in a submission..specially when the other guy is that damn good! I bet he'd catch all of us in it!
hook_tothe_body
9/8/07 10:24:50PM

Posted by Irish209

its really easy to get caught in a submission..specially when the other guy is that damn good! I bet he'd catch all of us in it!

Amen. When you're on the ground working for submissions and to get better positions, you can get caught. When you're just laying and praying, it's a lot harder for someone to tap you out, because you're not giving him anything. I haven't seen the fight, but I'm going to guess that Horn was working for a sub, or position, and just got caught.

Just 'cause Horn got tapped out doesn't mean his career is over.

I will, however, agree with jomatty who said that Horn hasn't looked very good in most recent matchups.

I really hope he bounces back. One of my favorite fighters of all time.
scobac
9/13/07 3:39:34AM
Gumby has as good of a skill set as anyone in mma but I think someone needs to point him in the direction of the nearest gym, get in shape and start earning some big victories...He's more than capable if he puts the work in.
Svartorm
9/13/07 4:48:26AM
Horns a great guy, but I'm sure his best years are behind him. Whoever said IFL team is spot on though, as hes a great trainer and has a tremendous bag of tricks. Not sure if he works with the Silverbacks, being as hes MFS, but that would be a good place for him. Plus sometimes working with young, hungry guys puts the fire back in you to get out and fight again, which might be what he needs.
Stickan
9/13/07 5:45:30PM

Posted by jomatty

jeremy horn has always been one of my favorite fighters but he has looked bad in his most recent match ups. also for someone with good submissions he does get caught a lot. i cant remember the fight but he got caught in a weird both arms in triangle that he should have been able to escape imo.

That was Elvis SinosicĀ“s only win in the octagon . It's gotta be tough for Jeremy to look back and think that "MAN... that guy is now 1-6 in the octagon and I provided him with his only win".
Ydoc
9/13/07 10:13:07PM
Like to see him become a coach now. Really hope Corey is working with him, he can learn a lot.
jeremygreen
9/27/07 10:58:34AM
I like Horn and I don't think this will affect him.
nWo
10/9/07 3:25:46AM
I think Chuck whipped the fight right outta Gumby.
TexChief88
10/11/07 12:06:29AM
The IFL comments are outstanding, perfect for Horn. Outstanding fighter just doesn't seem like the desire is there. Maybe Hughes could use him as a trainer in his new H.I.T. squad team.