Jensen to Replace Santos at Strikeforce/EliteXC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jensen to Replace Santos at Strikeforce/EliteXC
juanez13
3/25/08 7:03:02PM
Former UFC fighter Ryan Jensen will replace (11-3) Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (16-11) and will fight Joey Team Jackson product Joey Villasenor (24-6) at this weekend's Strikeforce/EliteXC show

Strikeforce Vice President Mike Afromowitz confirmed the late replacement.

LINK
Kpro
3/25/08 7:05:08PM
I hope these are all legitimate dropouts and not Strikeforce/EliteXC following the Japanese promotional strategy of advertising fighters you never intended on having fight on your card to increase interest.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/25/08 7:07:25PM

Posted by Kpro

I hope these are all legitimate dropouts and not Strikeforce/EliteXC following the Japanese promotional strategy of advertising fighters you never intended on having fight on your card to increase interest.

i love a good conspiracy
Ordep
3/25/08 8:30:16PM
I really like Jensen, it sucks that his two fights in the UFC were against top BJJ guys and couldn't prevent ng sub, but he looked amazing standing-up against Leites. I really wanted to see him against a striker for his second match.
jae_1833
3/25/08 8:58:49PM
Well you'll get your wish here, no doubt about that...I still don't know if I can go against Joey though... guy is tough as hell!!!!
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/25/08 10:39:17PM
Good match. More intrigueing imo. Jenson was good, but he got fed to the wolves...then he turned down a matchup with Marvin Eastman...he obviously does not belong in the UFC yet.

...But still I pick him to win this match.
prozacnation1978
3/26/08 1:17:29AM
make it 3 losses in a row for jensen i figured he would be dropped after the second lost