Jens Pulver said he wanted to goto Hawaii and train with BJ - now is the perfect time

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Jens Pulver said he wanted to goto Hawaii and train with BJ - now is the perfect time
ufc88
2/25/08 6:04:27PM
After Jens lost to BJ he said that BJ invited him down to Hawaii to train. He said he couldn't go down for the Cub Swanson fight but if theres ever a time its now. Jens is going to be facing Urijah Faber who is constantly going to be shooting in on him and who's better at takedown defense and BJJ than bj penn?
kevietre
2/25/08 6:50:25PM
I'm glad to see Jens and BJ end the beef. I think Jens would benefit a great deal from training with BJ no matter who he's fighting. They could both learn from each other.
cmill21
2/25/08 6:58:59PM
Bj's takedown defense is heavily dependant on his flexibility, he can sprawl with one let while the other is trapped under his opponent. BJ cannon teach his flexibility. He can however teach Jens some good ways to get subs off of his back. I think Jens should head down there, learn some good subs and his chances to win should be greatly increased.
mrliquid
2/25/08 7:05:18PM
I think its awsome if they trained together i think Pulvers ground game could use work so it would be great for a wrestler like Faber I just hope Jens lays him out in the 1st I would have the biggest smile.
BlazinSaddle
2/25/08 9:00:09PM
this is good news, if this happens i can actually pick jens to beat down faber worse than tyson did
mrliquid
2/25/08 9:08:29PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

this is good news, if this happens i can actually pick jens to beat down faber worse than tyson did

bullettdodger
2/26/08 12:55:54AM
War Jens, i hope he beats Faber. Whether he trains with BJ or not could matter less to me as long as he wins.
telnights
2/26/08 3:27:40AM
I think training BJ wouldn't hurt anything and just make him a better more rounded fighter.
Jackelope
2/26/08 3:39:55AM
Jens is a great guy. It would be awesome to go down and train with BJ for him. I also really like the California Kid, so I'm just hoping for a great fight no matter what the outcome. Both guys always bring it so it should be a war.
chuteboxe75
2/26/08 4:49:55PM
This would be a great move for him. BJ can add some things to his game to put him back on top again. The Milletich guys seem to be on a losing streak as of late and anything to break from that and mix up the training would be a good thing. It would also show a ton of class for both men to put their differences aside and train to win.
mrliquid
2/26/08 5:01:03PM
I think it will make him more of an all around fighter not just a technical striker but if not Submissions with BJJ atleast some good defense on the ground and im sure it will help him smack Faber around even more if anyone is gonna get in Fabers face and go full blast with the guy its gonna be Jens.
gartface
2/26/08 5:28:54PM
2nd Round KO from the left hand!

WAR LITTLE EVIL!!!
sillysnail
2/26/08 9:29:15PM
the beef is squashed, theyre in separate promotions and separate weight classes...theyd be dumb not to train together. jens could use some world class bjj training and im sure it wouldnt hurt jens to have a former champ as a training partner.
casey64
2/10/09 11:30:35AM
He needs to train there