Jens Pulver's "Driven" Film Needs Your Help

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Jens Pulver's "Driven" Film Needs Your Help
DCRage
1/16/10 2:39:37PM

If there's any MMA fighter who deserves to have a documentary made about him it's Jens Pulver, who survived a profoundly abusive childhood and went on to become the UFC's first 155-pound champion, but now faces his last ride after losing four straight fights in the WEC. The above clip is from a work-in-progress called Driven by filmmaker Gregory Bayne. If you watch it, you'll most likely have a strong urge to see the whole thing. There's one small problem: It's not even close to finished, and Bayne needs funding to keep working on it. As he explains on Kickstarter.com:
Jens is set to fight on March 6, 2010 in Columbus, Ohio. To insure that I can film the entire lead up to the fight, (his training, his day to day family life, any wrenches that get thrown into the mix), and join Jens in Ohio, I am seeking to raise $25,000 in just 20 days. These funds will be used to secure the gear we need for production (Additional HD Camera, lighting, and sound recording equipment), and to hire an additional cameraman and sound mixer, as well as to cover insurance costs, and all the costs of (transportation, lodging, etc.) associated with bringing the crew to the fight in Ohio. While this doesn't represent the entire scope or budget of the film, it is the most pressing financial need as I hope to capture this story as it unfolds.

Right now, supporters have pledged $1,045 of the $25,000 goal, with just 16 days until the deadline. So if you have any charity-money left after giving your life savings to Wyclef Jean, click on this link to read more about the project — and what each level of donation will get you in return — and hit that green "Back This Project" box to toss in a few bucks. Every little bit helps.

Clip from the work-in-progress:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYgwLofk7j4&feature=player_embedded

Article
karn501
1/16/10 2:44:29PM
man I hope he gets it I'm currently unemployed so there is nothing I can do damn economy