Jens Pulver

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jens Pulver
THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/13/07 1:43:15PM
Why is it everytime this guy talks he almost starts crying? Everytime he talks hes teary eyed haha
Violentcuv
4/13/07 2:22:08PM
maybe he is blazzzzzed all the time.....
BerndRealBad
4/13/07 4:17:00PM
maybe he has light sensitive corneas
Trapt1nw0nder
4/13/07 6:27:44PM
this is why.....
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Violentcuv
4/14/07 1:01:01PM

this is why.....

hah that was good..
garrick
4/14/07 2:07:28PM
I wanna see him fight BJ Penn, that'll be funny.
randyleprechaun
4/14/07 2:25:09PM
Jens didnt have the best upbringing. He was raised in he referred to as a “daily hell.” Jens’ childhood house was one of violence stemming mostly from his alcoholic father.

Many examples of the violence Jens faced as a youth are depicted in his autobiography, “Little Evil, One Ultimate Fighter’s Rise to the Top.” The most extreme of which include an incident where Jen’s father threatened the then seven-year-old Jens, and his young sibling with a loaded firearm. As described in his autobiography, the firearm was placed in Jens’ mouth, then removed when his father stated, “you aren’t worth the bullets.”

I think its safe to say that would affect you, and possibly make you more emotional.

hippysmacker
4/14/07 2:40:07PM

Posted by randyleprechaun

Jens didnt have the best upbringing. He was raised in he referred to as a “daily hell.” Jens’ childhood house was one of violence stemming mostly from his alcoholic father.

Many examples of the violence Jens faced as a youth are depicted in his autobiography, “Little Evil, One Ultimate Fighter’s Rise to the Top.” The most extreme of which include an incident where Jen’s father threatened the then seven-year-old Jens, and his young sibling with a loaded firearm. As described in his autobiography, the firearm was placed in Jens’ mouth, then removed when his father stated, “you aren’t worth the bullets.”

I think its safe to say that would affect you, and possibly make you more emotional.

I wasn't aware of this. I had heard he had a tough childhood, but it didn't know it was abusive. Thanks for the info, I have a new appreciation of Pulver's mental toughness. That couldn't have been easy to overcome.
ksumme
4/14/07 3:29:10PM
I like Jens, but I don't think he'll beat BJ. No way.
hook_tothe_body
4/14/07 4:55:12PM
Yeah, that's crazy. I too heard he had a tough childhood, but shit, going through stuff like that from your father really messes you up. Kids are just not suppose to see or go through stuff like that.

I too, have more respect for him for dealing with that.

Friggin' alcoholics ... friggin' guns ...
richieb19
4/14/07 7:35:47PM

Posted by randyleprechaun

Thanks alot for that short read, I've been wanting to read that book...

props
BigWilly
4/17/07 7:22:02PM
i think it is most likely because BJ Penn made it perfectly clear that nobody wants to be on his team... with the "If you know you want to be on my team and have nothing to do with Jens team raise your hand"... and he knows that after the season the only thing he has to look forward too is a hospital visit after he steps in the ring with BJ again.....

hahaha gotta love BJ... hes the man.
johny_rotten
4/17/07 7:59:29PM
The childhood aside I think Jens is very punchy now. He has been in MMA and boxing for a long time. Eventullay that catches up with you. It was evident when Lauzon laid him out. Jens on top of his game would have laughed off that punch. I think the brutal KOs to Gomi and Sakuri did some true damage.
pv3Hpv3p
4/18/07 11:21:06AM

Posted by johny_rotten

The childhood aside I think Jens is very punchy now. He has been in MMA and boxing for a long time. Eventullay that catches up with you. It was evident when Lauzon laid him out. Jens on top of his game would have laughed off that punch. I think the brutal KOs to Gomi and Sakuri did some true damage.

I think you're right... I heard that he's been KO'd in practice alot down at MFS, and you're chin can only take so much... I wouldn't go as far as to say he's punchy quite yet, but he has taken alot of abuse over the years...
pv3Hpv3p
4/18/07 11:25:12AM

Posted by garrick

Why because BJ's on such a tear lately?

I hope Pulver KO's him
nubby
4/18/07 12:01:57PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by garrick

I hope Pulver KO's him

BJ has fought Matt Hughes and St Pierre. Jens lost to a nobody.
pv3Hpv3p
4/18/07 12:48:05PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by garrick

I hope Pulver KO's him

Gomi and Sakurai are nobodies?
hook_tothe_body
4/18/07 3:06:12PM

Posted by ksumme

I like Jens, but I don't think he'll beat B.J. No way.

Yeah, just like B.J. beat Jens him the first time ... right?

I think B.J. is the more talented, well-rounder fighter, but why are so many people just coutning Pulver out?

Can't wait for the fight. It'll only be a three round fight this time. Who do you guys think that gives the advantage to? B.J.?
pv3Hpv3p
4/18/07 4:09:50PM

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Posted by ksumme

I like Jens, but I don't think he'll beat B.J. No way.

Yeah, just like B.J. beat Jens him the first time ... right?

I think B.J. is the more talented, well-rounder fighter, but why are so many people just coutning Pulver out?

Can't wait for the fight. It'll only be a three round fight this time. Who do you guys think that gives the advantage to? B.J.?

I guess the question with BJ as of late has been his cardio... I know that he seperated a rib in the Hughes fight, so that shouldn't really count, but it's sort of what his main weakness is (cardio)...

I think BJ def has the advantage on the ground, but Pulver is always dangerous standing... I hope to see the old Jens back... And now that I think of it, I've never seen BJ KO'd... Should be a good fight, I agree w you though... Jens don't get no respect on here. Don't know why though
nubby
4/18/07 4:16:52PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by nubby

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by garrick

I hope Pulver KO's him

Um, how far are you gonna go back? The topic was recent losses not losses from 2-3 years ago.
pv3Hpv3p
4/18/07 4:27:59PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by nubby

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by garrick

I hope Pulver KO's him

Um, how far are you gonna go back? The topic was recent losses not losses from 2-3 years ago.

The Mach loss was only a year before the Lauzon KO... So I'd say that's fairly recent.

If we are talking more recently at least Jens had a couple of wins in 06, whereas BJ went 0-2... And in all fairness, both the Sakurai and Gomi fights were in 05 (Gomi fight being New Years), still I'd say fairly recent...

Is Lil Nog less of a fighter because he got KO'd by a nobody? It's MMA, anything can happen, especially with fighters that preffer to stand and bang...
hippysmacker
4/18/07 4:55:23PM
I agree, anything can happen in MMA, especially in the last year.
DuncanFan819
4/20/07 7:21:51AM
I'll be rooting hard for Pulver in this match, although I think BJ will submit him in the 2nd. I don't think people should be dismissing Pulver already though. He beat the odds once, he can do it again.
p_unit23
4/20/07 4:27:18PM
i'd say bj's gonna win this fight. but you never know.