JEFF CURRAN VS. JOSEPH BENAVIDEZ SET FOR APRIL 5 WEC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » JEFF CURRAN VS. JOSEPH BENAVIDEZ SET FOR APRIL 5 WEC
Wolfenstein
1/19/09 8:31:26PM
A pivotal bantamweight match-up has been confirmed for the upcoming World Extreme Cagefighting card set for April 5, as former featherweight contender, Jeff "Big Frog" Curran takes on up and coming star, Joseph Benavidez, in a 135lb contest that could determine the next title contender.

link
Twenty20Dollars
1/19/09 8:59:04PM
Brian Bowles should be next in line. Should be a good fight I think Im leaning towards Benavidez.
HumanTarget
1/19/09 9:47:31PM
Curran is a tough test for any fighter at 135 and 145. He took Uriahs back and almost finished him.
The_Metal_Maniac
1/19/09 9:57:31PM
Benavidez has a world of potential and with Fabers tutelage should be a rising star. However Curran is a very difficult task. A loss for Benavidez in the long run could make him a stronger fighter.
Mayhem13
1/19/09 11:09:26PM
Benavidez is gonna be a stud.

But at this point, I think Curran, who is well rounded and a veteran of the fight game, may be a little too much for him.

I wouldn't be suprised if Joseph came away with win, I just think Jeff may be a little too mucn, too soon.

I will be rooting for Joseph though!
Khaos
1/19/09 11:32:40PM
Has potential for a great fight, even though he's on a losing streak, I'm gonna have to pick Curran to win it.
gartface
1/20/09 11:12:03AM

Posted by HumanTarget

Curran is a tough test for any fighter at 135 and 145. He took Uriahs back and almost finished him.

He never had Urijah in danger. With that said, Benavidez is the next big thing at 135. The guy has awesome wrestling and decent/good striking. He's the 135 version of Urijah.