Jean-Claude Van Damme to K1?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Jean-Claude Van Damme to K1?
grappler0000
9/9/09 7:14:42AM

Actor Jean-Claude van Damme will fight Olympic gold-medalist boxer Somluck Kamsing in a K-1 muay thai match in March 2010.

This rumor was recently confirmed by Kamsing, who signed the contract for the fight on Sept. 4. The bout will take place in Las Vegas and will consist of five two-minute rounds, said Kamsing.

Van Damme has requested to bar the use of elbows during the fight because he is an actor and does not want his face to get cut or bruised, Kamsing told Siamsport.

Kamsing is a Thai boxer who won the featherweight gold medal at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.

Rumor? Fact? Take it for what it's worth.

Source

Source 2
Drudinh
9/9/09 7:22:01AM
The Muscles from Brussels is too old for this. The guy has to be pushing 50 by now, why would he want to do this at this time? He is gonna break a hip.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/9/09 8:14:30AM
Rush
9/9/09 9:38:42AM

Posted by Drudinh

The Muscles from Brussels is too old for this. The guy has to be pushing 50 by now, why would he want to do this at this time? He is gonna break a hip.

Even a Van Damme in his prime would get rocked IMO. The only thing I can see is that this is more of an exhibition match to promote something.
SpiderSilva
9/9/09 9:56:49AM
Lol I was forcing my wife to watch.bloodsport with me for like the 100th time last5 night and I was telling her that he was JCVD was so fake ahhhh I hope he wins by spining jumping kick to the head that goes on repeat 6 times
KaibaThedon
9/9/09 1:20:53PM
I'm going to get back on my booat

and go up river

and kick

that son of a b1tch bison's ass so hard

that the next bison wannabe is going to feel it...

so who wants to go home, and who wants to go with me?

YEAH!
Nightmare27
9/9/09 2:36:59PM
I love me some Timecop!! Yeah not a good idea though.
hippysmacker
9/9/09 3:40:57PM

Posted by Drudinh

My guess is he's out of the spotlight and now making straight to DVD movies. So he wants back in the spotlight and thinks this will help . Just a guess though
EvenFlow
9/9/09 6:07:56PM
I heard about this a few days ago and it makes me think its another Jose Canseco situation for money. That being said best of luck, I'll be watching.

This isnt a movie he's pushing 50 nobody wants to see anyone die in the ring. He has a lot of martial arts victories and titles but the last time hes fought competitively was, 1980. He's also working on movies which will not help, you have to be training full time to be compeitive in K-1. Even if he roids or has the resilience of Couture this probably wont end well for him in this day in age of marital artists in K-1 and Muay Thai circuits.
Mayhem13
9/9/09 9:48:28PM
-Splits wont win fights-

SpiderSilva
9/10/09 1:07:21PM
Maybe he can get his twin brother to help
emfleek
9/10/09 1:18:39PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

I wasn't aware that he had a twin brother? I couldn't find anything online to back that up...
Shawn91111
9/10/09 1:51:59PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SpiderSilva

I wasn't aware that he had a twin brother? I couldn't find anything online to back that up...

Both starred in Double Impact..one has slicked back hair.

emfleek
9/10/09 1:54:14PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SpiderSilva

Ahh...okay. So it was intended as a joke. I briefly thought it could have been but I'm not too knowledgeable about JCVD so I had to look.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/10/09 2:45:26PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SpiderSilva

CanadianCripplr
9/10/09 6:02:04PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SpiderSilva

That was funny made funnier that em fleek didnt get it. props for spider minus one for emfleek, he has lots.....