JDS: Mir talks a lot of bull----

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » JDS: Mir talks a lot of bull----
emfleek
7/13/11 12:56:41PM
FO: Frank Mir stated he hits harder than you. Is he an opponent you would like to face one day?

Who, Frank Mir? He said what?

FO: Yeah, he said he hits harder. Would you like to fight him to avenge Nogueira’s loss?

[laughs] First off, regarding hitting harder than me… [more laughter; pause for breath]

Look… when a fighter begins either to lose, or not to get satisfactory results, what does he do to promote himself? He talks. And it is what he’s doing. Frank Mir is a guy who likes to talk a lot, talks lots of bullshit and I don’t believe he hits harder than me.

LINK
Theoutlaw08
7/13/11 1:30:08PM
Let it happen someday just so JDS could shut Mir up.
Budgellism
7/13/11 1:31:49PM
Yes, yes he does. JDS vs. Mir would be awesome though.
prophecy033
7/13/11 2:16:04PM
No, mir talks a lot of educated bull$hit
Chael_Sonnen
7/13/11 3:27:11PM

Posted by prophecy033

No, mir talks a lot of educated bull$hit

Special Education bs?
FastKnockout
7/13/11 3:40:08PM
I'd love to see dos Santos smash his face in.
hashyandy4
7/13/11 5:22:26PM
I love JDS and i like Mir, that being said JDS would kill Frank
KungFuMaster
7/13/11 6:32:31PM
Mir is God's gift to mma so of course he hits harder than Junior.

Mir's wrestling is light years better than Cain Velasquez's.

Mir's stand up makes Anderson Silva's laughable.

If Mir is a black belt in Jiu Jitsu, then Shinya Aoki would be a white belt.

Mir's has the speed of a cheetah which would make GSP a snail.

On behalf of Mir, I would like to say Mir has been holding back all these years because the world of mma would not be prepared for what Mir can do in the octagon.
Bubbles
7/13/11 10:21:24PM
while Mir was speaking out of his ass, i would pick him to beat JDS. he may not have better hands, he has more diverse striking (kicks and knees) while all i have really seen is mostly straight boxing from JDS. i also have no idea what JDS is like on the ground, and Mir is one of the best grapplers in the HW division. both guys have good cardio.

this should be a great fight but from what i have seen from both fighters, i right now pick Mir by a close decision
Lesnar1
7/14/11 12:15:13AM
I don't know if Mir would be able to handle JDS standing. Ground wise Mir I think has a slight advantage. Intresting matchup hope to see it one day.
kingsmasher
7/14/11 10:32:27AM
Laughable...JDS kills nobody....Actually I have already stated JDS lacks power for his size....Carwin just IMO didnt care to win....He had JDS up against the cage and was so wanting to get a takedown prolly coulda ended the fight if he had just pucnched like he did Mir...
emfleek
7/14/11 10:36:47AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Laughable...JDS kills nobody....Actually I have already stated JDS lacks power for his size

There is absolutely no possible way for you to know that.

Ask Werdum, Struve, Cro Cop, Yvel and Gonzaga...see if they agree with you. And those are just the fighters he's finished in the UFC.
Pookie
7/14/11 12:19:26PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Laughable... JDS lacks power for his size....

But it's Christmas Eve! Sir, have you no heart?

All seriousness aside. JDS is technically a middlesized heavyweight, who's slender for the division. 6'4" 245. To say he lacks power for his size is possibly the stupidest thing i've ever heard you say. And thats saying alot.
Pookie
7/14/11 12:23:58PM
"Everything I managed to conquer, I owe to [Minotauro]. Without him, I likely wouldn’t exist, so he is like an older bother besides been a great friend.

...If I was the champion and he qualified to dispute the belt, I could vacate the title or find another solution. With his determination to fight for the belt one more time, I certainly would be OK with abandoning the belt to wait for another chance."

Solid
cowcatcher
7/14/11 12:33:04PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Laughable...JDS kills nobody....Actually I have already stated JDS lacks power for his size....Carwin just IMO didnt care to win....

You & your crazy opinions = a monkey & it's feces.

Both get flung around haphazardly and both stink.

I'm left shaking my head after this latest gem. Book it!
emfleek
7/14/11 12:36:58PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kingsmasher

Laughable...JDS kills nobody....Actually I have already stated JDS lacks power for his size....Carwin just IMO didnt care to win....

You & your crazy opinions = a monkey & it's feces.

Both get flung around haphazardly and both stink.

I'm left shaking my head after this latest gem. Book it!

Maybe he means Jewish Day School?

Or Java Desktop System?

Maybe Juggling Double Sausage?
BustedKnuckle
7/14/11 6:20:05PM
Frank has 3 tkos in his career. Count em........3. 1 against a " never realy was" in Wess Sims, and 2 against aging war torn vets in CC and NOG. Mir just talks this kinda crap just to try and keep his name relavent. I mean look at his performance againt Nelson. Damn near a worthless fight.
prozacnation1978
7/14/11 9:18:30PM
I honestly think

With lesnar out
Carwin beat up
And meathead booked

Mir will face winner of big nog/schaub for next title shot by years end
Browne is coming along, meathead after kongo needs a top 3 opponent to get a title shot

Next year some of the big hitters in strikeforce need to start coming to the ufc in heavyweight .
Jekyll
7/15/11 3:18:12AM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Frank has 3 tkos in his career. Count em........3. 1 against a " never realy was" in Wess Sims, and 2 against aging war torn vets in CC and NOG. Mir just talks this kinda crap just to try and keep his name relavent. I mean look at his performance againt Nelson. Damn near a worthless fight.

yeah but you forgot his 8 sub and in the first round including the one over Brock Lesnar and snaping Tim Sylvia's arm who was champion at the time...