Jay Silva replaces Paulo Filho in Thursday's Bellator 18 "super fight" with Hector Lombard

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jay Silva replaces Paulo Filho in Thursday's Bellator 18 "super fight" with Hector Lombard
emfleek
5/11/10 1:40:54PM
Another opportunity has passed by former World Extreme Cagefighting champion and one-time highly ranked middleweight Paulo Filho.

Although Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney this past week spoke with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) and denied reports of Filho's scratch from Thursday's Bellator 18 event and said last-minute plans could salvage the fight, the efforts came up short.

MMAjunkie.com has confirmed with multiple sources, including Rebney, that former UFC fighter Jay Silva (5-3 MMA, 0-0 BFC) replaced Filho (18-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) and meets Bellator middleweight champ Hector Lombard (24-2-1 MMA, 3-0 BFC) in the event's non-title headliner.

LINK
bojangalz
5/11/10 2:05:41PM
The only reason I wanted to see Filho fight Hector was to find out if Jesus was anywhere near the ring anyway. I think a scrap with Silva is actually going to be damn fun to watch. Neither is shy about throwing down and I have little doubt that they'll get after it.
Playground_Samurai
5/11/10 4:45:46PM
If anybody is surprised, i'm surprised you're surprised by this.
BustedKnuckle
5/11/10 6:02:23PM
Philo out again...wow what a shocker! And not to bash but seeing as it's Jay Silva vs Lombard............can the term SUPERFIGHT be dropped!!!!??? This word is getting thrown around a lot as of late. And it is begining to lose it's "cool" Factor! GSP vs Anderson Silva....super fight....yes. Hector Lombard vs Jay Silva.........one sided destruction........yes! Superfight.....no way in hell!!! Sorry for the rant
Kpro
5/11/10 6:26:16PM
My father always told me "Make sure you always pull out, son".

Maybe Paulo's father had the same advice for him growing up.
RearNakedJoke
5/11/10 11:04:32PM
This opens the door for Strikeforce to set up Paulo Filho vs Karo Parisian.
finnish_line
5/12/10 1:57:19PM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

This opens the door for Strikeforce to set up Paulo Filho vs Karo Parisian.

Key words being "set up." Not deliver.