Jay Hieron vs. Erick Silva added to February's UFC 156 event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jay Hieron vs. Erick Silva added to February's UFC 156 event
BuffaloDave
11/21/12 5:46:24PM
Erick Silva (14-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) said he was hoping to fight on Super Bowl weekend, and now he will.

UFC officials today announced that Silva will take on Jay Hieron (23-6 MMA, 0-3 UFC) at UFC 156, the UFC's traditional Super Bowl-weekend fight card.

Featuring a featherweight title fight between current champ Jose Aldo and former lightweight title holder Frankie Edgar, UFC 156 takes place Feb. 2 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view.

UFC officials did not reveal where the bout will take place on the evening's lineup.

LINK
kingsmasher
11/21/12 5:49:28PM
um yeah im taking Silva...
Budgellism
11/21/12 5:51:11PM
Nice. This is the fight I wanted for Silva.

It's a good fight to get him back on track. Or to see if he can hang with a solid striker.
Wallass
11/21/12 5:58:48PM
I cant agree with these guys. I think Hieron is a bad styles match up for Silv considering Fitch's success against Silva.
sparky
11/21/12 6:05:19PM
I hope Silva rips Hieron apart, I have never been a big fan of Hieron I always root for him to lose and this fight wont be any different

WAR SILVA
Budgellism
11/21/12 6:23:59PM

Posted by Wallass

I cant agree with these guys. I think Hieron is a bad styles match up for Silv considering Fitch's success against Silva.

I don't see the comparison there. Fitch and Hieron are both on two totally different levels and both have different styles. You're going to honestly pick Hieron based on Fitch winning 2/3 rounds against Silva?

And to clarify, I'm not saying he's going to win. It's just a good test to either get him back on track or see if he can deal with a striker. I just think you can't really say he's going to lose because of how he looked against a top 3 Welterweight.
Gogoplatapus
11/21/12 6:33:16PM
I doubt it's a cakewalk but ole Jay is going to be a big dog in this one.
Bubbles
11/21/12 6:39:32PM
good fight, nice litmus test post-Fitch
FastKnockout
11/21/12 7:36:21PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Wallass

I don't see the comparison there. Fitch and Hieron are both on two totally different levels and both have different styles. You're going to honestly pick Hieron based on Fitch winning 2/3 rounds against Silva?

And to clarify, I'm not saying he's going to win. It's just a good test to either get him back on track or see if he can deal with a striker. I just think you can't really say he's going to lose because of how he looked against a top 3 Welterweight.

Agree with everything you said. Even if Hieron does try to wrestle, he's nothing compared to Fitch.
frizzzlecake
11/21/12 7:43:25PM
Poor Jay, going with Silva via dec.
prozacnation1978
11/21/12 8:18:59PM
Hope jay gets smoked
NaturalBornKiller92
11/21/12 10:41:12PM
Silva's last two fights seem odd to me. Silva vs. Fitch seemed a bit premature for both sides. I was surprised Fitch couldn't get a higher profile fighter but who in their right mind would want a great chance of losing. For Silva, the fight seemed too optimistic at best, but to his credit he almost finished Fitch. This time around I don't see how Silva fell so hard in the rankings to warrant Hieron. Hieron may have been one of the few to actually be willing to fight Silva though.
infestructure
11/21/12 10:52:39PM

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

Silva's last two fights seem odd to me. Silva vs. Fitch seemed a bit premature for both sides. I was surprised Fitch couldn't get a higher profile fighter but who in their right mind would want a great chance of losing. For Silva, the fight seemed too optimistic at best, but to his credit he almost finished Fitch. This time around I don't see how Silva fell so hard in the rankings to warrant Hieron. Hieron may have been one of the few to actually be willing to fight Silva though.

Love Erick Silva, but there has been some odd matchmaking going on recently
State_Champ
11/21/12 10:57:01PM

Posted by sparky

I hope Silva rips Hieron apart, I have never been a big fan of Hieron I always root for him to lose and this fight wont be any different

WAR SILVA

, War Silva!
wurzel
11/21/12 10:59:26PM
Silva all the way.

I'm guessing 1st rd KO!