Jason MacDonald vs. Demian Maia signed for UFC 87

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jason MacDonald vs. Demian Maia signed for UFC 87
Porch28
6/13/08 8:41:26PM
UFC middleweights Jason MacDonald (20-9 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Demian Maia (7-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) have signed to meet at UFC 87, an event that takes place at the Target Center in Minneapolis.

MacDonald confirmed the Aug. 9 bout earlier this week in his sportsnet.ca column, and MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) was told from a source close to Maia that the bout had been in the works for the past month.

LINK
gartface
6/13/08 8:46:37PM
Maia Submission of the Night.
wolfman
6/13/08 9:08:14PM

Posted by gartface

Maia Submission of the Night.

Yeah, Maia submission in the 1st round.
Vietnamese_Guy
6/13/08 9:08:35PM
wow what a bad matchup for macdonald
JimiMak
6/13/08 9:17:36PM
Pretty much agree w/ what's been said. Bad match for McD. Maia is stepping up and i think will continue so.
Mchubb316
6/13/08 9:33:36PM
Maia is good. I think he could be a contender at 185. The way he finished Herman was almost mean.lol. JMac is in trouble in my opinion.
Twenty20Dollars
6/13/08 9:56:54PM
im thinking maybe an armbar 2nd round? for Maia
Ordep
6/13/08 11:02:11PM
Another chekmark for Maia's UFC Submission CheckList. Already got RNC and Triangle so by default I'd say armbar but maybe gogo or omo if he gets the chance.
mictlantechutli
6/14/08 12:56:19AM
I dig MacDonald, I used to work out with his jiu jitsu coach (Gracie Barra BB Josh Russell) and if there's anyone that can come up with a solid game plan it's him, but Maia is something pretty special. His jits is a different type of hardcore. Bad matchup indeed. Jason will have to be on top if he wants to win this.
teddythetuna
6/14/08 11:23:37AM
Maia is a demon on the ground. If JMac can utilize TD defense and submission defense I think he could ko/tko Maia. I think his jj is good enough to defend most of what maia will throw at him. But maia is really slick with his submissions so who knows
prozacnation1978
6/14/08 11:32:59AM
with kongo and franca fights set for prelims their is a good shot this fight hopefully will be added to the main card
GraMMA
6/14/08 5:46:23PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Maia is good. I think he could be a contender at 185. The way he finished Herman was almost mean.lol. JMac is in trouble in my opinion.

No doubt that was one of the sickest subs I've seen.Mac is strong and ground savvy but have to agree he'll be in hot water with this dude,especially sice he was nearly subbed by Doerksen who is no slouch but not at the level Maia appears to be.