Jason Frank (Former "Power Ranger") Set For MMA Debut

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Jason Frank (Former "Power Ranger") Set For MMA Debut
DCRage
1/8/10 5:55:39AM
Jason David Frank, probably better known to this generation as the Green & White Ranger from "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers", is set to make what will be his amateur MMA debut. His first fight is in Houston on 1/30 at "Lonestar Beatdown" against Jonathan Mack, who has one pro fight on his record.

I know this probably won't happen but I will so mark out if he comes out to the Power Rangers theme music-"GO GO POWER RANGERS!"

Edit: You know, the more I look at his foe, the more I can't help but think he looks like a cross between Bulk & Skull, the clumsy (and always funny) bullies from the original TV show.
RyanC
1/8/10 6:52:25AM
This is an absolutely hilarious fan pic.

hate4thestate
1/8/10 9:39:27AM
i wonder if his opponent will dance aorund going blublublu blublublu. hmmmm think theyll let him combine his powers with the other power rangers and make that transformer looking thing? why doesnt he just stay home and bang kimberly? thats what id do. but i hope the best.
emfleek
1/8/10 9:42:58AM
You know this guy has to hate being billed as "the former Power Ranger."
DCRage
1/8/10 10:21:00AM

Posted by hate4thestate

i wonder if his opponent will dance aorund going blublublu blublublu. hmmmm think theyll let him combine his powers with the other power rangers and make that transformer looking thing? why doesnt he just stay home and bang kimberly? thats what id do. but i hope the best.

That would be the "Megazord", the obligatory Gundam & Voltron ripoff.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/8/10 10:35:30AM
grappler0000
1/8/10 10:56:59AM
This is like his 3rd time making news for entering MMA, so hopefully there are no more slow news days until next month.

On a side note, I guess this is Lonestar Beatdown's counter-programming
emfleek
1/8/10 11:25:20AM

Posted by grappler0000

On a side note, I guess this is Lonestar Beatdown's counter-programming

copcopps
1/8/10 1:04:31PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

0:19 You know you want to

yep it takes a REAL man to play a flute.
warglory
1/9/10 2:33:38AM

Posted by copcopps

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

0:19 You know you want to

yep it takes a REAL man to play a flute.

A flute that sounds like 16 trumpets playing with a huge blade on it!
chubbud22
1/14/10 11:51:32AM
ITS morphin time baby
jkwmma
1/14/10 10:17:26PM
AWESOME! i wonder if he will morph into the green ranger or call his shogun zord if he gets dropped in his fight
BustedKnuckle
1/31/10 10:21:34AM
Ehh...cut the guy a break. Who knows maybe he'll be a good fighter.
gartface
1/31/10 10:40:05AM
Either the guy he fought was absolutely terrible, or he's pretty solid on the ground. He won by a first round omaplata. Not too shabby.
DCRage
2/22/10 2:06:08PM
Unknown to many of us, Frank fought again this past weekend. And won, this time by TKO. But Cage Potato said it best: "Two fights and two victories in less than a month’s time isn’t a bad run, but we aren’t going to get too excited until he agrees to step up in competition and face Lord Zedd in a catchweight bout." The article after the jump also has fight video...

Article