Jason Day from the bottom

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jason Day from the bottom
teddythetuna
4/22/08 2:10:21PM
Was anyone else really impressed with how much damage Day was able to do from the bottom. its been a real long time since ive seen a fighter have a striking advantage from the bottom. the short elbows. something every coach tells his fighters to do but doesnt get pulled off as much as it should. this is a prime example of how effective they can be.Hats off
MMA
4/22/08 2:36:18PM
It was a sweet display of the rubber guard being utilized. Eddie Bravo is probably sucking him off right now.
Twenty20Dollars
4/22/08 3:19:18PM
i never seen anyone do damage like that before, looking forward to seeing jason fight again. props to jason
teddythetuna
4/22/08 3:51:49PM
yeah i never realized how flexible day was. i was expecting him to put on a great fight but he has a sick guard. even when belcher was raising up he was shifting and getting the guard up real high.
scoozna
4/22/08 4:07:20PM
Except for maybe Silva against Lutter (elbows anyone?) - he really looked good.
Twenty20Dollars
4/22/08 5:13:23PM
well silva had a triangle locked in, jason just had a rubber guard.

I really hated those shorts alan was wearing that was crappy.
jiujitsufreak74
4/22/08 6:54:05PM
Kenny Florian can do some damage from guard...if Sean Sherk wasn't a cyborg (or on steroids) Kenny would have done some real damage. i mean, did anyone see the bloodbath Kenny spawned from those elbows?

On Jason Day...i love Rubber guard and i hope he shakes things up as MW. the UFC MW isn't as flat as we once thought it was; a lot of interesting fights ahead of us.
juanez13
4/22/08 9:47:33PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Kenny Florian can do some damage from guard...if Sean Sherk wasn't a cyborg (or on steroids) Kenny would have done some real damage. i mean, did anyone see the bloodbath Kenny spawned from those elbows?

On Jason Day...i love Rubber guard and i hope he shakes things up as MW. the UFC MW isn't as flat as we once thought it was; a lot of interesting fights ahead of us.

yea Maia Popped out of nowhere, now Cote looking like a possible contender, and Bisping coming in, and Almeida making a comeback, things in the MW division are defenately shaking up.

hope a chain reaction alike happens in the HW division, which might come true, with guys like cain velasquez , brock lesnar, carwin, amongst the others coming in, it should make it interesting.
MMA
4/23/08 8:46:55AM
Maia needs to work on his wrestling and conditioning in order to be a real threat in the middleweight division.
JBatch
4/23/08 9:00:42AM
Day's guard was very impressive as were the combo's he was throwing to finish the fight.I wouldlove to see Day fight someone with a ground game next just to see how he does. Or a fight with Sakara.