Jardine Win=Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jardine Win=Title Shot
Next Page »
mrkennedy
5/4/08 4:28:01PM
do you think Jardine deserve a title shot if he beat wandy
HulkRage
5/4/08 4:32:19PM
IMO Machida and Thiago both deserve it more than Jardine. ( if they win there fights)
seanfu
5/4/08 4:33:18PM
No Jardine win= Chuck shot. That's the whole point of the matchup. Not to seem like a dick or anything but that is the entire hype to the fight.

They created the matchup because they want a Wanderlei Chuck rematch and they saw what Houston did to Jadine with the muay thai.

Wandy needs a win badly so they gave him what they saw as a freeby.

Next in line is Rashad probably on a card with really good main card fights to make up for the glorified wrestling match.

They're hyping up Machida as much as they can in his murder of Ortiz, so maybe he's next. Batter matchup IMO.
Violence108
5/4/08 4:37:44PM
"IF" he can beat wandy by some lucky shot, then i think he deserves a title shot, i mean if he beat Chuck and Wandy back to back thats pretty dare good!
rabbit915
5/4/08 4:38:49PM
In my opinion, Machida deserved this shot more than Griffing did and if he beats Tito Ortiz, he definately deserves the next one. I dont think there is anything Jardine can do to get a shot until Machida gets one. Winning the fight is an obvious first step.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/4/08 5:45:33PM
he beats Chuck, then Wandy. Hell Yes thats a title shot!
tylerlee123
5/4/08 6:25:05PM
I Belive that If Machida can beat Ortiz he should fight the winner of Jackson/Griffin as for Jardine If he gets by Wanderlei and Thiago wins his fight then Jardine/Thiago Silva, and what if Wanderlei wins the potential match ups are crazy in the light heavyweight division
Dastardly1
5/4/08 6:53:03PM
if he beats Silva he'll be in limbo again waiting. Dana will want too see how Machida does in his fight and see which will be more exciting against Rampage. then he'll put Chuck or Rua in the mix after that.

nickcuc547
5/4/08 8:24:56PM
absolutely deserves a shot, the loss to houston was bad but if beating forrest chuck and wandy in three of your last four fights doesn't get you a title shot, i don't know what does.
nickcuc547
5/4/08 8:26:39PM

Posted by HulkRage

IMO Machida and Thiago both deserve it more than Jardine. ( if they win there fights)

i can see why people like machida, but thiago silva?? who has he beat that would put him in the top 5, houston alexander cirtainly doesn't cut it, the guy needs to rack up a few more wins, and antonio mendes won't put him any closer if you ask me.
EON
5/4/08 8:38:21PM
As much as I dont see Jardine winning yes he would move ahead of Lyoto after he stomps Tito, beating Chuck and Wandy = title shot no doubt
JimiMak
5/4/08 8:45:16PM
He should def get it. I'd love to see Machida get it, but if he beats Forrest, Chuck and Wandy you can't not give him the shot.
IriShame
5/4/08 9:07:46PM

Posted by seanfu

No Jardine win= Chuck shot. That's the whole point of the matchup. Not to seem like a dick or anything but that is the entire hype to the fight.

They created the matchup because they want a Wanderlei Chuck rematch and they saw what Houston did to Jadine with the muay thai.

Wandy needs a win badly so they gave him what they saw as a freeby.

Next in line is Rashad probably on a card with really good main card fights to make up for the glorified wrestling match.

They're hyping up Machida as much as they can in his murder of Ortiz, so maybe he's next. Batter matchup IMO.

You think Jardine is a freebie? Are you high? The man dismantled Chuck Liddell. He KO'd the current #1 contender. Does anyone else think this is weird? He got caught by Houston Alexander. Big deal. Everybody gets caught from time to time. It happens. The people do not want to see another Chuck vs. Jardine fight. We just saw it. Shit it came out on DVD like 2 months ago! Rashad is next up? He's fighting James Irvin! Is that now a stepping stone to a title shot? Come on now. Jardine wins he gets title shot. That's it.
Ben_Hutch
5/4/08 9:20:32PM
Just because Jardine deserves a title shot it doesn't mean it going to happen.

Dana wants the most marketable fighter to become champion, look at Forrest vs. Rampage, no matter who wins, Dana will have a very marketable champion.

Mr. White does not want Jardine to become champion, that being the reason Jardine gets the guy Liddell beats after Jardine has just beaten Liddell.

If Jardine beats Wandy then he deserves a title shot, but he will not get one as Dana wants someone else as champ, Liddell, Rampage or Forrest.
Pitbull09
5/4/08 9:30:46PM
He does but I dont think the UFC wants him to get one. They prob will have him fight Machida (cant spell it) if he wins his fight or evans for the contender fight.
Mchubb316
5/4/08 9:44:02PM
Might as well give him a title shot. He beat arguably two of the best LHW's ever in a row, he sure does deserve a shot in my book. They gave Forrest a title shot for beating Ramirez, then Rua and he lost to Jardine. The only knock on Jardine is his loss to Alexander.
Twenty20Dollars
5/4/08 10:47:43PM
i would say maybe just maybe if jardine finishes wandy or puts on an exciting dominating fight.

also a factor is forrest beats rampage, think about that you could set up a good PPV main event Forrest vs Jardine 2!
Manfred
5/4/08 11:32:38PM
Thiago, Machida and Rashad are less deserving IF he beats Wandy, IMO because of the level of competition so far. Beating Forrest, Chuck and Wandy puts him to the front of the line. Especially if he finishes Wandy.

Thiago hasn't beaten anyone yet really, although I think he's possibly the future champ.

Machida maybe. I say Machida / Rashad for #1 contender AFTER Jardine. Rashad needs to step up before he's ready. One fence grab draw and a split decision win over another TUF winner doesn't count as beating top competition, IMO

EON
5/4/08 11:50:21PM
Jardine vs Wandy = Jardine wins = Front of the line
Jardine vs Wandy = Wandy wins = Wandy would need 1-3 for a shot

Lyoto vs Tito = Lyoto wins and Keith loses = Front of the line
Lyoto vs Tito = Lyoto wins and Keith wins = 2nd in line
Lyoto vs Tito = Tito wins = Lyoto back of the linem, Tito gone

Rashad vs Irvin = Rashad wins = Tied for 3rd in line
Rashad vs Irvin = Irvin wins = James would need 3-4 for a shot

Thiago vs Mendez = Thiago wins = Tied for 3rd in line
Thiago vs Mendez = Mendez wins = Thiago back of the line

Chuck vs Shogun = Chuck wins = Chuck would need 2-3 for a shot
Chuck vs Shogun = Shogun wins = Shogun would need 1-3 for a shot

If Rashad and Chuck win have that fight for #1 spot, if Rashad and Shogun win have that fight for #1 spot, If Jardine loses and Lyoto wins Lyoto is next but if Lyoto and Jardine win, make it the winner of Chuck / Shogun vs Lyoto (Chucks camp has denied a chance to fight Lyoto) or just have Lyoto after Jardine if Keith wins without another fight
Manfred
5/5/08 12:13:58AM

Posted by EON

Jardine vs Wandy = Jardine wins = Front of the line
Jardine vs Wandy = Wandy wins = Wandy would need 1-3 for a shot

Lyoto vs Tito = Lyoto wins and Keith loses = Front of the line
Lyoto vs Tito = Lyoto wins and Keith wins = 2nd in line
Lyoto vs Tito = Tito wins = Lyoto back of the linem, Tito gone

Rashad vs Irvin = Rashad wins = Tied for 3rd in line
Rashad vs Irvin = Irvin wins = James would need 3-4 for a shot

Thiago vs Mendez = Thiago wins = Tied for 3rd in line
Thiago vs Mendez = Mendez wins = Thiago back of the line

Chuck vs Shogun = Chuck wins = Chuck would need 2-3 for a shot
Chuck vs Shogun = Shogun wins = Shogun would need 1-3 for a shot

If Rashad and Chuck win have that fight for #1 spot, if Rashad and Shogun win have that fight for #1 spot, If Jardine loses and Lyoto wins Lyoto is next but if Lyoto and Jardine win, make it the winner of Chuck / Shogun vs Lyoto (Chucks camp has denied a chance to fight Lyoto) or just have Lyoto after Jardine if Keith wins without another fight

Good break down, But I think this is the better way:

Pookie
5/5/08 1:53:57AM
He should get one, cut the guy a break. If i told you 5 years ago that jardine would beat Chuck liddell, Wanderlei, And a guy who beat shogun... you wouldnt believe me.

But still hes not going to win

Wandy will go beast.
NatedawgThaM
5/5/08 2:12:27AM
EON AND MANFRED HIT IT RIGHT ON THE SPOT!!!

You people who say Thiago Silva deserves a shot more then Jardine are seriously smoking crack and this is coming from the man who think Thiago will be the guy to dethrone Rampage! It's just simply put like this. He hasn't beaten anybody top 15 yet. He's still 3-4 fights away and that's only if he actually starts getting contenders?

FREAKIN MACHIDA? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! Yeah he's good but when has he EVER beat a top 10 neverthless TOP 5 Light Heavyweight? His biggest wins are against a suspected overrated Soko and Rich and BJ who were fighintg below their weight classes. No top 10 or even 15 light heavyweights!!! If he beats Tito, that's a start. Then feed him the Rashad/Irvin winner or the Rampage/Forrest loser to actually earn the title shot. Yeah he has ALL the skills to BE champ, but you got to earn that title shot first. Hype is crap, as of now, he's being extremely overrated by the bandwagon since he hasn't earned crap. So calm down bandwagon, CALM DOWN!

Jardine obviously deserves the next shot if he wins. THEIR'S NO DISPUTING IT! He completely outclassed Liddell, "the great LHW champ ever" ON THE FEET! It was only a split decision from an F'd up judge who was getting paid off to make Chuck-Wandy more meaningful. Then he KTFO the current #1 contender. He got screwed at 71 because that was suppose to be HIS title shot but Rampage stole it from him because liddell wanted to get KTFO again. He got pissed, fighting emotional always ends horribly, and he took Houston lightly. Big deal. STOP SCREWING THIS MAN OVER!!!
GSPCanada
5/5/08 2:49:34AM
I agree they want a marketable fight but the bottom line is what they really watn is Liddell vs Rampage III, Liddell was supposed to beat Jardine and get his rematch or maybe the winner of Silva vs Liddell would have gotten the fight vs Rampage. Basically they cannot give Liddell his rematch until Jardine loses or gets his own title shot

Jardine probably does deserve it and they will have to give it to him. I don't know what the formula looks like but Rashad hasn't beaten a top 10 so if Machida wins he is ahead of rashad and Thiago's stock dropped when houston was knocked out in 8 seconds so basically it is down to Machida or Jardine it should probably be Jardine but if he doesn't get it if he beats silva then he will certainly get it if he gets matched up against one of the beforementioned t.silva/evans/ machida and wins
ufcboss
5/5/08 7:09:54AM
If Jardine and Forrest both win, Yes. If they both dont win, no.

UFC = All about the money.
Franklinfan47
5/5/08 11:29:53AM
I think Jardine and Lyoto are both next in line, given that they both win their fights at UFC 84. So the way I see it, either number 1 contenders match between them or give one of them the next title shot.
pv3Hpv3p
5/5/08 12:07:55PM
personally think Jardine should have been in line before Forrest, but I guess that didn't work out...

Lyoto should also be ahead of Forrest, IMO... Udefeated, beating all comers, but I guess less marketable...

Not knocking Forrest, I just think rushing him to a title shot for the sake of "good" (I'm using that term loosly) TV was a mistake... But will end up being a good fight either way...
Manfred
5/5/08 1:17:25PM
One problem is that Jardine and Rashad should've fought a long time ago but they refuse to.

That would sort out a lot of this debate.
saemskin
5/5/08 2:10:08PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

EON AND MANFRED HIT IT RIGHT ON THE SPOT!!!

You people who say Thiago Silva deserves a shot more then Jardine are seriously smoking crack and this is coming from the man who think Thiago will be the guy to dethrone Rampage! It's just simply put like this. He hasn't beaten anybody top 15 yet. He's still 3-4 fights away and that's only if he actually starts getting contenders?

FREAKIN MACHIDA? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! Yeah he's good but when has he EVER beat a top 10 neverthless TOP 5 Light Heavyweight? His biggest wins are against a suspected overrated Soko and Rich and BJ who were fighintg below their weight classes. No top 10 or even 15 light heavyweights!!! If he beats Tito, that's a start. Then feed him the Rashad/Irvin winner or the Rampage/Forrest loser to actually earn the title shot. Yeah he has ALL the skills to BE champ, but you got to earn that title shot first. Hype is crap, as of now, he's being extremely overrated by the bandwagon since he hasn't earned crap. So calm down bandwagon, CALM DOWN!

Jardine obviously deserves the next shot if he wins. THEIR'S NO DISPUTING IT! He completely outclassed Liddell, "the great LHW champ ever" ON THE FEET! It was only a split decision from an F'd up judge who was getting paid off to make Chuck-Wandy more meaningful. Then he KTFO the current #1 contender. He got screwed at 71 because that was suppose to be HIS title shot but Rampage stole it from him because liddell wanted to get KTFO again. He got pissed, fighting emotional always ends horribly, and he took Houston lightly. Big deal. STOP SCREWING THIS MAN OVER!!!

I really dont get where some of you get your ridiculous ranking systems? Thiago Silva, Ryoto Machida, & Tito Ortiz and NOT top 5 in the LHW division. I wouldn't even put Rashad in there yet either.
gsquat
5/5/08 2:28:01PM
Though impressive in beating both Chuck and Wandy, there are others who have been waiting in line longer and have done more to get there. (Machida, Evans).
JWils
5/5/08 4:40:05PM
IMO, Yes, a Jardine win would equal a title shot. It's a no brainer if he goes out and finishes Wandy. (I expect the opposite to happen)

Machida should be in the discussion as well. If Machida dominates Ortiz like he dominated Soku, I think the UFC will really consider giving him the shot.

If my predictions come true, (Wandy, Machida, Rampage all winning), I think we will see Rampage vs. Machida and a rematch of Forrest vs. Jardine.

Of course then we have the debate of who does Wandy fight next if he wins.The LHW division is so loaded there are tons of different scenarios that could happen.
Pages: [1] 2