Jardine or vera???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Jardine or vera???
Naturaldisaster
10/16/08 1:55:36AM
IDK who to pick. I've had Jardine as the winner since they put it on there. but now i've got this weird feeling that I should pick vera. But I kinda think vera is overrated. on the other hand, Jardine Ko'd forrest, then got KO'd by Houston, then beat chuck, then lost to wandy. Im not sure which jardine is gonna show up to fight. this is one of the most difficult fights ive had to choose in a while
bojangalz
10/16/08 2:34:08AM
I'm campaigning for an 8 second double-KO...I'm not a huge fan of either of these guys. But yeah- it's a pretty damn tough fight to pick. If Jardine shows up, it's probably his for the taking. But that's a pretty big IF.
gartface
10/16/08 10:32:54AM

Posted by bojangalz

I'm campaigning for an 8 second double-KO...I'm not a huge fan of either of these guys. But yeah- it's a pretty damn tough fight to pick. If Jardine shows up, it's probably his for the taking. But that's a pretty big IF.

I think that if Brandon Vera comes in, in shape and ready to push the pace he'll knock out Jardine in the first round. If he doesn't, and is the least bit tentative, he'll get outpointed by Jardine.

Vera 1st Round KO.--KotN
wiggum
10/16/08 11:09:35AM
either man could easily win this fight with a swift move...that being said, jardine's style is awkward and unorthodox, which has worked for him, but with vera and vera's pinpoint accuracty and overall mma technique, jardine will get slowly picked apart....i have it going to decision myself, but if jardine does get ko'd it'll happen in the first rd before he has a chance to get comfortable with vera
emfleek
10/16/08 11:23:30AM
WARDINE

I'm not a Vera fan...not even a Jardine fan, really. I'm just basing my pick on the scenario that I have playing in my head.

And I honestly don't know if I'll ever pick against one of Greg Jackson's guys again.
bullettdodger
10/16/08 12:40:45PM

Posted by emfleek

WARDINE

I'm not a Vera fan...not even a Jardine fan, really. I'm just basing my pick on the scenario that I have playing in my head.

And I honestly don't know if I'll ever pick against one of Greg Jackson's guys again.

That was my reasoning for picking Jardine against Wanderlei, He was a Jackson fighter and Wandy had just lost to Chuck if i remember correctly... yeah i ate my pick... it did not taste good.
jomatty
10/18/08 10:11:15AM
jardine is awkward enough that he could give vera problems, but that is not how i see it going down. unlike a lot of other posters i think jardine has very little chance of outpointing vera, and his only real chance is to catch him and ko him, as vera is just a much better striker imo with a serious reach advantage. i have a lot of confidence in vera still proving to be a top fighter especially at 205. i think that he will tko him in the first round, but if he doesnt get him in the first that he will keep his distance and out point with jabs and kicks and win a unanimous decision.