Jardine is Overrated!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Jardine is Overrated!
kevietre
8/6/07 1:03:21PM
Keith The Dean of Mean Jardine upset Forrest Griffin whose claim to fame was having a war with Stephan. None of these fighters mentioned are top ten material. Forrest took Tito the distance but Tito hadn't faught in a while. Jardine barely got the decision over Wilson Gouveia and was exposed by Houston Alexander. Jardine said in the post fight press conference after the Forrest fight it was a matter of time before he would get a title shot. Liddell will expose Jardine once again like Houston did.
cmill21
8/6/07 1:17:04PM
I really don't think he's overrated, no one who knows much about mma thinks he's all that good.
grappler0000
8/6/07 1:24:14PM
I don't think Jardine is overrated...but, that's because I don't think he is a contender. He may have been close to being considered a contender at one time, but that is a thing of the past. First of all, he lost his last match...and in horrible fashion as well. But, the most important thing to remember is the division just got a lot tougher. Even if he had beat Alexander, the purchase of Pride would've put any thoughts of a title match on hold. He's not an A level fighter, but he's a brawler, which makes for a good tune-up match for Chuck.

To his credit though, he arguably beat Stephen...not that the match would've propelled him straight to the top either way.
Twenty20Dollars
8/6/07 1:34:08PM
i think jardine might pull the upset over chuck. just a feeling
DCRage
8/6/07 1:57:30PM
I wouldn't say overrated yet. MMA is like any other sport/competition-anyone can beat anyone on any given day. Just look at Gonzaga against Cro Cop or Jake O'Brien against Heath Herring. Those were "booked to win" fights too and the guy who was supposed to win lost. The loss to Alexander may have been a fluke, but let's wait until after the Liddell fight to start talking overrated.
kevietre
8/6/07 2:11:55PM
All I'm saying is he upsets an unranked fighter then gets KTFO that doesnt give you the right to step in the octagon with the former long time defending light heavyweight champ!
grappler0000
8/6/07 2:25:57PM

Posted by kevietre

All I'm saying is he upsets an unranked fighter then gets KTFO that doesnt give you the right to step in the octagon with the former long time defending light heavyweight champ!

Yes it does. They know Jardine can be KTFO...now they are looking for a repeat performance. The point is that Jardine is supposed to lose.
LR
8/6/07 3:57:41PM
Jardine is overrated? I don't even think he was underrated or rated.. ever.
ocho-cinco
8/6/07 4:24:11PM
All I know is if he doesn't beat Liddell he will never again be in any contender talk. He is a fun fighter to watch, but he isn't going to be a UFC Champion anytime soon. I mean can you imagine him fighting Shogun, or Rampage, even fighting Liddell seems dumb. He has a strikers chance but thats it. Chuck will knock him out with one of thoes back peddling barrages.
Blizzard
8/6/07 4:30:54PM
IMO this fight is a mistake on UFC fight makers part, Chuck has nothing to gain from this and everything to lose. I don't think he will, but WHAT IF?
Chuck TKO/KO RD1.
Chuck vs. Alexander?
TOMMYAYO05
8/6/07 6:02:50PM

Posted by Blizzard

IMO this fight is a mistake on UFC fight makers part, Chuck has nothing to gain from this and everything to lose. I don't think he will, but WHAT IF?
Chuck TKO/KO RD1.
Chuck vs. Alexander?

exaxctly my thoughts if he loses he is going to be known as a joke,and if he wins?well big deal we all excpected it anyway.He should of just waited for wandi,and if your going to fight an up and coming star like jardine at least fight someone like rashad who is undefeated and it makes it more interesting.
SpiderSilva
8/6/07 7:01:18PM
I dont think this is a bad fight for eather do to the fact that chuck just got knocked and needs a fight and doesnt want to wait too long to get back on track its just that the fight the UFC wanted(Silva) didnt happen so he needs to at least get one more fight before he gets his rematch or his fight with Silva
(He need to win to get back in the right stat of mind)
This is almost the same for Jardine who is pretty much getting a shot to make his name big I sure he jumped at the chance to fight a top guy do to the fact that if he wins well then you all can call him overrated because he will be neck deep in top fighters
postman
8/6/07 10:52:46PM

Posted by cmill21

I really don't think he's overrated, no one who knows much about mma thinks he's all that good.

I agree! I mean come on he dosn't even have his own affliction tee shirt......That is the mark of a great fighter now isn't it?
hippysmacker
8/6/07 11:04:33PM
I'd say Jardine is top 15, nothing more right now. Maybe someday, but until he beats a couple of top 10 guys convincingly I don't think he should talking , or even thinking title shot. If he were to beat Chuck then Shogun or Machida then he can have a title shot. I think the chances of that are very minuscule though.
TOMMYAYO05
8/6/07 11:24:27PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I'd say Jardine is top 15, nothing more right now. Maybe someday, but until he beats a couple of top 10 guys convincingly I don't think he should talking , or even thinking title shot. If he were to beat Chuck then Shogun or Machida then he can have a title shot. I think the chances of that are very minuscule though.

i agree but like u said the chances are very very slim.
Pitbull09
8/7/07 12:23:44AM
Lol, do you really think that anyone expects Jardine to even make it to the 2nd round in this fight? Idk why they even picked him for Liddel, anyone else would be better.

But anyways, Jardine if anything is rightfully underrated maybe since every expects it to end so fast. WHo knows, he might just survive to the s2nd before getting KO'ed.
JuggaloWarrior878
8/7/07 3:35:30AM
I dont think anyone said he was that great for him to be overrated hes in the top 15 though