jardine's opponent

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » jardine's opponent
cowcatcher
5/3/07 4:58:50PM
rumor has it that houston alexander will be his opponent at UFC 71
pv3Hpv3p
5/3/07 5:03:32PM
I don't know much about Alexander... Decent record I guess, but hasn't fought any top teir comp, so it's tough to tell... Maybe someone out there has some info that they can share...

Not taking anything away from Alexander, but I was hoping they'd give Keith a little tougher, maybe more seasoned fighter... But like I said, I've never seen Houston fight, so it might be a great matchup
cowcatcher
5/3/07 5:06:42PM
what ive heard is that if he wins this he gets a "top tier" opponent....personally i thought he was ready for some big competition but who knows who's gonna win any fight at this point

HA's opponents combined record 48-85 with his NC coming to a guy thats 1-0
ffforgottenx
5/3/07 6:43:50PM
i cant find any video or anything on alexander, but on paper, he looks like a stone for jardine.. he hasnt fought anybody tough, and the fact that he has fought brandon quigley makes him lose credibility with me..

i just dont understand how jardine goes from fighting the UFC 'poster boy' in forrest griffin to fighting a noname... i think he should have had a better matchup.. but i can understand.. if the UFC says you fight this guy, you fight this guy
THE_AXE_MURDERER
5/3/07 9:24:11PM
i would like to see Jardine vs Machida
Svartorm
5/4/07 3:25:20AM
Why? Do you think it would be a good match, or do you just think they'd actually televise it so we could see Machida?
methodman_90
5/4/07 12:25:54PM
Jardine vs. Bisping would be good but its too soon. Sakara would be a decent opponent for Jardine if he wins this fight
cowcatcher
5/4/07 12:39:06PM
people are so high on sakara and he looks just ok to me...the fact that he basically quit during his fight with mcfedries really doesnt sit well with me. its not that i think hes a bad fighter but he has a little of that randleman jekyll and hyde thing but not nearly as pronounced. id like to see him succeed because he does like to bang but im not sold on him yet
pv3Hpv3p
5/4/07 4:19:57PM

Posted by Svartorm

Why? Do you think it would be a good match, or do you just think they'd actually televise it so we could see Machida?

Both...?

I got Lyo taking UD in that one... Never really seen him against a good leg kicker though...
Svartorm
5/4/07 8:42:19PM

Posted by methodman_90

Jardine vs. Bisping would be good but its too soon. Sakara would be a decent opponent for Jardine if he wins this fight

That would be a good fight actually. I like both guys, and I could see it going either way.
Svartorm
5/4/07 8:42:59PM

Posted by cowcatcher

people are so high on sakara and he looks just ok to me...the fact that he basically quit during his fight with mcfedries really doesnt sit well with me. its not that i think hes a bad fighter but he has a little of that randleman jekyll and hyde thing but not nearly as pronounced. id like to see him succeed because he does like to bang but im not sold on him yet

If I recall correctly, Sakura actually took a hard shot to the body, which is what dumped him.
loller90278
5/4/07 10:04:10PM
yeah but sakura dropped like 2 minutes after that body shot, lol

that legionaris de roma tattoo is the second best tattoo in mma tho, with aleks e takin the prize
Svartorm
5/4/07 11:20:48PM
hehehe I thought there was one right before he fell on his butt, but I haven't seen it since it aired on PPV.
sleevey
5/5/07 12:11:30AM
I think the true question is what would Jardine do against the jump in talent. I personally think thats what he desevres he doesn't need anthor feeder fight. He has fought as far as popularity goes some big names. I would like to see a rematch with Rashad Evans again. I think this time there would be a diffrent outcome.

As far as him moving up the rankings this fight doesn't help much. With the way 07 has been it could really hurt him. I think the best person for him to fight is Babalu. Even if he loses it couldn't hurt him to much and would be a good gauge to see where his talent is truley at. I also believe its a great matchup for him. Babalu has banged with the best Fedor, Chuck, and Dan Henderson all of whom beat him and are champs in there respect weighth classes (altough they are 3 of the greatest of all time).

I would also love to see him fight Jason Lambert again its a fight he should win, but its against a guy who has a much more respectable career. That would be a great setup match for Sobral, Evans, or Bisping (doubtful on that one). Due to the fact that Lambert has fought Babalu and Evans it puts the whole MMA math into effect and I know how we all love that.
titorican
5/6/07 12:30:28PM
With so many lhw contenders around these days it is really disappointing to see them not give him someone with equal ufc status. they could have given him his bonnar rematch even. babalu would be good, lambert, maybe even let him beat up hamill, irvin, sakara- all these dudes would make a lot more sense. who knows maybe houston alexander is the next sokodjou.
AdamG
5/8/07 4:37:21PM
Jardine just mopped up a so called "contender." They might be giving him an easy match before he really steps up to fight a real contender, perhaps the loser of Evans v. Ortiz or even Liddell v. Rampage. You know, get a little more exposure before he upsets another TUF champion...

Jardine looked great against Griffin, and I hope they start mixing him up with some of the top tier LHWs so we can see how truly good he is.