jardine fighting on pride of a champion??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » jardine fighting on pride of a champion??
TheHitmanTL
2/13/08 11:49:51PM
was this a mistake or am i not seeing straight i was just watching WEC when the pride of a champ commercial came up and they advertised jardine as if he was fighting??? how come they havent named an oppopnent??

anyone else catch that???
NatedawgThaM
2/13/08 11:51:39PM
A surprise match would be awesome!!!!

Unless of course Jardine loses and then I will ROFL because he would have lost to a bum since all the big names are booked besides Soko.
candynuts
2/13/08 11:59:39PM
Wow, I make a thread of this yesterday and it gets canned. The shell life might not last for this thread.

BTW Im glad I wasnt the only one who saw this.

TheHitmanTL
2/14/08 12:01:46AM
sorry bro i shouldve checked to see if it was there my bad...

maybe jardine is gonna be like a special guest referee haha
candynuts
2/14/08 12:06:07AM
Oh no its cool... im just tired of all my threads getting deleted!!! I
Even threads in the Padded Room!! (The deleted zooyork thread still pisses me off!!)

But I am glad someone else saw that Keith Jardine was on the promo... one of my friends swore that I was lying or not thinking straight... I recorded the commercial on my phone, showed him, then did a Tiger Woods fist pump....

candynuts
2/14/08 12:08:58AM
Lol @ guest referee. They do need some refs though now that Big John is out.

Im thinking UFC will confirm an opponent for Keith that night though.
Pinkalicous
2/14/08 2:35:42AM
This would be cool but who would he fight?
Chuteboxer
2/14/08 9:09:43AM
This has to be a mistake. They wouldn't just pull him out of nowhere and throw him into the mix. He's had to have been training and known this all along or something if it's true..
fullerene
2/14/08 9:36:51AM
I heard a rumour of Wanderlei Silva being an opponent, but honestly this sounds unlikely for a near-term show. It's more likely a marketing oversite.
chubbud22
2/14/08 11:37:05AM
I also saw that and was wondering about that,at first it souded like congo vs dean of mean,but I know he is fighting HH and dif. weight classes.
grappler0000
2/14/08 11:57:10AM
This is an obvious mistake...it should be Heath Herring. I'm assuming it was a slip of the tongue that turned into this mistake. If you look at 82.ufc.com, you will see that Heath Herring is in the spot where Jardine was shown on the commercial.
chubbud22
2/14/08 1:05:58PM

Posted by grappler0000

This is an obvious mistake...it should be Heath Herring. I'm assuming it was a slip of the tongue that turned into this mistake. If you look at 82.ufc.com, you will see that Heath Herring is in the spot where Jardine was shown on the commercial.

Well thats some sh**** advertising,thtat guy should be fired