Jardine Will Not Fight Liddell in March

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jardine Will Not Fight Liddell in March
Wolfenstein
12/28/08 8:36:31PM
Despite several reports assuring the fight, a source close to Jardine's camp says he will not lock horns with Liddell at UFC 96 on March 7 in Columbus, Oh.

Jardine will, however, return against an unnamed opponent during the "Arnold Classic" weekend card.

link

loonytnt
12/28/08 8:57:35PM
good
ohiostate1016
12/28/08 9:04:21PM
This is kind of surprising. I know that Chuck really wanted this fight, and I kinda have the feeling that it was the type of main event that the UFC wanted for this card - a big name legend and a TUF fighter going at it again because the first fight was somewhat disputable (I still think that Chuck did 3x the damage that Jardine did in that fight).

There's still the possibility that Chuck could fight in the main event in Columbus, but I have no idea who he could be fighting. Cane maybe? But I don't think that Cane is a big enough name to be in a main event yet, even if you have some Chuck juice to carry the card.
Mayhem13
12/28/08 9:07:52PM
Cane vs Jardine
Liddell vs Silva II
prozacnation1978
12/29/08 1:28:01AM
one will fight cane the other who knows maybe vera for lidell
but i am glad there not fighting each other
Twenty20Dollars
12/29/08 2:15:43AM
I'd rather see Liddell rematch Wandy and Jardine rematch Forrest.
ChokeUout
12/29/08 3:35:31AM
Jardine and Forrest makes sense now. As for Chuck, i WOULD say throw him up against Shogun if he gets past Coleman, but If that fight was to happen I doubt Shogun would be in ready in time for March 7. So yeah, Chuck/Wandy and Jardine/Forrest sounds like a good card for Columbus.
sparky
12/29/08 10:50:56AM
Chuck vs Wandy 2
Chuck vs ShoGun
Chuck Vs Cane

I hope it is one of those 3
FlashyG
12/29/08 11:02:21AM
I'd like to see Chuck vs Franklin or Henderson but for the same reason as Shogun its tough to say if either would take the fight on such short notice.
ohiostate1016
12/29/08 11:05:37AM

Posted by FlashyG

I'd like to see Chuck vs Franklin or Henderson but for the same reason as Shogun its tough to say if either would take the fight on such short notice.

Against the loser, right? I'm still thinking that the winner is the coach on TUF 9. There's no way they want Maia as the coach of the US team.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/29/08 11:25:58AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Cane vs Jardine
Liddell vs Silva II

good call
EvenFlow
12/29/08 12:33:00PM
Liddell cannot hang with Banha or Shogun (if he returns to form) I think Chuck might want to fight the middle tier for awhile, fight winner of Bonnar / Jones perhaps. Or feed Jardine to Banha.
finnish_line
12/29/08 1:27:11PM

Unless they've promised Forrest to Rampage, I'd like to see Chuck vs. Forrest. They've both recently lost to the same guy, plus it would do big business.

Although Forrest is in the same boat as Wanderlei. Neither might be ready for March after the KO and TKO losses they suffered Saturday.

higdon10
12/29/08 1:56:13PM

Posted by finnish_line

Unless they've promised Forrest to Rampage, I'd like to see Chuck vs. Forrest. They've both recently lost to the same guy, plus it would do big business.

That makes perfect sense. Would be main event material and its the fight that they were trying to set up before Evans KO'd Chuck.
motorboatensob
12/29/08 2:29:55PM
Chuck would kill Forrest he wouldn't have to worry about being KO and Forrest has a week chin so Chuck would just go at him. It would be a good fight to get Chuck back on track but not for Forrest. Chuck said he would only fight Wandy again if it was for the title and they need to give Wandy another Jardine type fight that way UFC fans don't just see him losing every fight.