Jardine believes hes next in line for a title shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jardine believes hes next in line for a title shot
cowcatcher
2/8/08 10:06:48AM
15Rounds.com recently spoke to Keith Jardine about what’s coming up next for him. Here’s what he had to say, “there’s a good chance (Forrest Griffin) wins the fight (with Rampage Jackson) and that means I’m in line to get the next fight”.
link
atlas777
2/8/08 10:22:45AM
Interesting i think Jardine should be in line to get a title fight he did beat Griffin and Liddell but he did have that loss to Houston Alexander in there maybe he deserves it maybe not im not sure the guy is good as much as i dont like him but whoever he fights it should be a good fight but i think he will lose. imo they will give him another fight before giving him a title shot so he doesnt wait so long to fight plus they will probably give a title shot to chuck if he beats Rua if Jardine doesnt fight again somewhere between Forrest and Rampage's fight.
kevietre
2/8/08 10:24:32AM
Maybe that's why he's not fighting he could be like Karo Parisyan was and thats content to wait for a shot. I personally don't think Jardine deserves a title shot just because he won a split from Liddell and got demolished in his fight before that by Houston. Okay he upset Forrest but that's all he's really done. Wilson Gouveia went bell to bell with him and Stephan Bonnar beat him (controversially). I think Jardine needs to fight another contender and win decisively and then talk title shot.
RMFG_187
2/8/08 10:49:54AM
Jardine vs the winner of Rashad Thiago, or if Machida wins, Jardine should fight one of those guys for the next title shot. But i'll bet if Shogun beats Chuck, he will be closer to a title shot than Jardine. It sucks cuz Jardine is a TOP TIER fighter
GermanWolf
2/8/08 12:57:10PM
It's good to have dreams, Keith. But the day that Forrest Griffin beats Quinton Jackson is the day they hail me as the Queen of England. Machida gets the next shot after he stomps ol' Gorilla Face.
CiaoBaby
2/8/08 3:12:56PM
Machida is definatly in line next...
cowcatcher
2/8/08 3:15:17PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

unless of course he loses to tito, and if chuck beats shogun who knows, he might be next.
BlazinSaddle
2/8/08 3:18:23PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

with both of you, ive been sayin machida will be after forrest and even think he should be in front of him but whatever its dana's call, whatever brings in the ratings, dosnt matter machida will beat tito and no more naysayers for his long awaited shot
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/8/08 6:02:24PM
Jardine better hope that he's next in line for a title shot. The thing is Forrest and Rampage are fighting in July or August, so that means the winner will fight at the earliest November. There is no way that Keith doesnt fight until November so he better pray that he gets an easy fight, although I cant think of too many easy opponents in the LHW.
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/8/08 6:03:43PM
Keith vs. Wandy would be tight though!
sinister_16
4/10/08 9:10:04AM
Keith has not done much to impress me his fights he has had are not that great he beat chuck by split decision
casey64
4/10/08 9:56:06AM

Posted by GermanWolf

It's good to have dreams, Keith. But the day that Forrest Griffin beats Quinton Jackson is the day they hail me as the Queen of England. Machida gets the next shot after he stomps ol' Gorilla Face.

Machida is next in line no doubt.