Jamie Varner and Donald Cerrone exchange words on Inside MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jamie Varner and Donald Cerrone exchange words on Inside MMA
BrutalKnockOut
3/10/09 10:50:39AM
Jamie Varner and Donald Cerrone exchange verbal jabs on Inside MMA

Jamie Varner and Donald Cerrone discuss their first encounter at WEC 38, as well as a potential rematch, among other things.
emfleek
3/10/09 11:09:14AM
WAR COWBOY
theguido
3/10/09 12:05:28PM

Posted by emfleek

WAR COWBOY

WORD Cowboy is just the kind of guy you want to see win
BrutalKnockOut
3/10/09 12:20:13PM
I'm a big fan of both guys, but I like Varner in the rematch.
Aether
3/10/09 1:26:05PM
I take Varner in the rematch easy. What he said is pretty much bang on, if he hadn't broken his right hand and lost one of his main weapons as well as having to move around on a broken foot I don't think it would've been nearly as close.
xdanish020
3/10/09 1:36:26PM
What Cowboy said is also spot on...Cowboy is a much better fighter than he showed against Varner. He will eat everything Varner has to throw and him and come back even stronger. I'm excited to see this rematch if it happens because I don't think Cowboy will be so nice and conservative this time around.
Wolfenstein
3/10/09 3:56:36PM
Smash em' and take his hat. That was pretty good. Pretty good point by Jamie, and something I didn't think about. Had he not broken his hand he very well may have put Cerrone away, although that guy has a chin that seems every bit as good as Chris Leben.

In a rematch I would stick with Varner, Cerrone has absolutely no answer for the takedown, and that's always something Varner can fall back on should he get rocked.
CwB
3/10/09 5:53:55PM

Posted by theguido

Posted by emfleek

WAR COWBOY

WORD Cowboy is just the kind of guy you want to see win

cowBOY

I look forward to this fight more then any other wec fight (yes even more then brown vs faber)
jiujitsufreak74
3/10/09 6:33:07PM
the x factor in this match up is Jamie's ability to get the TD...and we all saw how that went the first time out. i'll take Jamie in an exciting rematch. opefully Jamie has a quick and healthy recovery
cmill21
3/10/09 6:51:20PM
If he fights him with that cast on I'll say first round KO for Varner lol.
Jackelope
3/10/09 11:08:20PM
Jamie's going to come back with a mean left hook after having to work with that cast on his right hand for months
EMauricio
3/11/09 1:20:13AM
just as much as i feel bad for Varner's broken hand I feel sorry for Cerrone's eyes being poked in the third round and the referee not stopping the bout. Cerrone took some serious licks as he couldn't see anything.

Next bout is going to be a war but I like Cerrone, again.