James Thompson Interview: Talks about Kimbo

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » James Thompson Interview: Talks about Kimbo
kastro_316
5/21/08 1:12:50PM
DreamFighters.com

In a recent interview with James Thompson by Boondock, he talks about his career and up comming fight against Kimbo Slice
imanidiot777
5/21/08 1:30:22PM
Please James!!!, PLEASE knock out Kimbo and make my night!!!
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/21/08 1:51:24PM
For how mediocre of a fighter he is he would have been better served going to Gladiator. Training with Bas f'ing Rutten>>>>>>>DVD's.

At first I didn't like Kimbo, but I think he is ok now. He will get tapped or snapped when he fights a real Mixed Martial Artist. Until then I like the buzz he brings to MMA.

TWITA
5/21/08 2:26:57PM
Kimbo KO's JT in Round 1. Seriously, dude has lost 6 of his last 8 fights - every loss by KO or TKO. Kimbo can take a punch (obviously) and has KO power - sorry JT
Aaronno9
5/21/08 2:34:17PM

Posted by TWITA

Kimbo KO's JT in Round 1. Seriously, dude has lost 6 of his last 8 fights - every loss by KO or TKO. Kimbo can take a punch (obviously) and has KO power - sorry JT

Kimbos only ever taken punches off bums with no power a technique. In his videos when he lets the other guy hit him the punchs look more like slaps. First time he fought somebody with any level of skill, albeit it was minimal, and gannon rocked him a few times. If JT catches kimbo hes going down, or going to get rocked at the very least.
TWITA
5/21/08 2:59:20PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by TWITA

Kimbos only ever taken punches off bums with no power a technique. In his videos when he lets the other guy hit him the punchs look more like slaps. First time he fought somebody with any level of skill, albeit it was minimal, and gannon rocked him a few times. If JT catches kimbo hes going down, or going to get rocked at the very least.

First of all - I'm not a Kimbo nut hugger. However, go on youtube and look at some of the bare knuckle shots this dude has taken and still kept pressing the fight. He will KO JT in round 1.
Aaronno9
5/21/08 3:02:22PM
Yup, i think ive got kimbo to win in my picks, just saying, dont right off JT. I think if JT catches kimbo itl be over just as fast as it would be if kimbo catches james. Imo, they've both got suspect chins and huge power, so i cant see it going out of the 1st round either way.
jiujitsufreak74
5/21/08 3:06:51PM
this interview only proves how deserving he is of the WW. keep up the good work guys and i'll be watching as JT single-handedly destroys the Kimbo hype
lordicast
5/21/08 3:17:45PM
I dont like Kimbo! but guys come on do you really think JT is the one thats gonna stop him? he hasnt won in some time and didnt he just get knocked out not to long ago
loller90278
5/21/08 3:59:03PM
great, hilarious interview.

expect to see kimbo on his back for a good portion of this fight.

wrona666
5/21/08 5:42:23PM
This fight will end exactly like the Alex Emilianenko fight.....Sorry to break it too you JT Warwagon nut huggers.....
Jackelope
5/21/08 6:17:29PM

Posted by wrona666

This fight will end exactly like the Alex Emilianenko fight.....Sorry to break it too you JT Warwagon nut huggers.....

Wagons don't have nuts....

jimmypockets
5/21/08 7:14:55PM
This is how the fight will go down.........James Thompson will run screaming across the cage get clocked and fall down. Kimbo will finish the fight and immediately take his mouth piece out to let his grill shine. The medical staff will approach him just to make sure nothing damaged his glowing beard. Bas will then enter the cage so that the Elite fans get to see the greatness that is "El Guapo". Oh and then maybe they will show some trashy girls dancing. Ha Ha Ha
xburbx
5/21/08 8:04:09PM
^^^^^^^^^^^

That is all fact
silverbullet
5/21/08 8:56:30PM
DVD's > YOUTUBE

WAR JT
Raykill
5/21/08 9:11:21PM

Posted by imanidiot777

JimiMak
5/21/08 9:16:22PM
Dont' worry guys. JT wins this easy.
holt8081
5/21/08 10:07:59PM

Posted by imanidiot777

that would be great but he scares me cuz of his glass jaw.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/21/08 11:44:41PM
Hey this fight can go either way and i'll bee happy to be honest. If JT would happen to KO Kimbo, well I don't like Kimbo so i'll be happy and the kimbo hype will wear down. If Kimbo was to KO JT, I'll just laugh cause it would just prove JT has a glass jaw and don't like him that much either. If this fight gets passed the 3rd minute of the 1st round i'll be very surprised.

MMAcca
5/22/08 1:35:47AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Yup, i think ive got kimbo to win in my picks, just saying, dont right off JT. I think if JT catches kimbo itl be over just as fast as it would be if kimbo catches james. Imo, they've both got suspect chins and huge power, so i cant see it going out of the 1st round either way.

Near07
5/22/08 8:13:27AM
Kimbo first round KO, it will be a minute of ducking and weaving and the Kimbo will Ko JT. Hate it or love it Kimbo wins again!!
wrona666
5/22/08 2:54:32PM

Posted by JimiMak

Yeah just like his last fight huh.......I like JT, and im not a kimbo fan, but you Warwagon guys need to open your eyes to the obvious.....
JimiMak
5/22/08 4:37:56PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by JimiMak

Yeah just like his last fight huh.......I like JT, and im not a kimbo fan, but you Warwagon guys need to open your eyes to the obvious.....

He pulls out the big wins when he's such a huge underdog (Alex was when he was very green, and it's freakin Alex). When he's expected to win it can be very disappointing at times. Supporting a guy doesn't make one delusional.
JimiMak
5/22/08 4:39:09PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Hey this fight can go either way and i'll bee happy to be honest. If JT would happen to KO Kimbo, well I don't like Kimbo so i'll be happy and the kimbo hype will wear down. If Kimbo was to KO JT, I'll just laugh cause it would just prove JT has a glass jaw and don't like him that much either. If this fight gets passed the 3rd minute of the 1st round i'll be very surprised.

KO'd by Kimbo = glass jaw????? wow you're a hater. I suppose getting KO'd by Alex meant the same
Ben_Hutch
5/22/08 7:57:10PM
What the hell is wrong with everyone?

Kimbo has beaten a washed up boxer, bo cantrell - a guy who tapped out after 20 seconds.....he has guts, and tank abbott, i reckon i could beat tank abbot, ok, maybe not, but you get the point.

Kimbo has beaten sh*t, and i mean sh*t fighters, get any fighter, give him a good trainer, enough hype and put him against cr@p fighters and of course he'll look good.

WAR JT!!!!
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/22/08 9:13:22PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

KO'd by Kimbo = glass jaw????? wow you're a hater. I suppose getting KO'd by Alex meant the same

U suggesting that JT doesn't have a glass jaw?
JimiMak
5/23/08 4:31:41PM
Watch the Frye fight for one. You get it on the button you go out.