James Thompson vs Edson Drago @ next Pride event

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » James Thompson vs Edson Drago @ next Pride event
ffforgottenx
4/16/07 10:16:12AM
according to edson

source: tatame.com

In exclusive interview to the website Blog Fight & Cia, the Brazilian black belt Edson Draggo talked about his defeat at Pride 34 for the wrestler Yoshihiro Nakao. The striker from BTT told what he wants to change about his trainings: “I will keep my training, I will keep working on my ground game and my Wrestling game, I want to keep working on my ground, I have been evoluting with that”.

Edson Draggo also analyzed the fight of his team mate Ricardo Arona: “His adversary did a pretty good job, he did his own game. Sokoudjou fought well”, concluded him, also talking about his next appointments under the rings. “According to the Pride owner, I will fight in the next event against James Thompson. I couldn’t show people who really I am, I want to face a guy who exchanges well to show my own game”, said Draggo.

bad matchup for edson IMO.. JT has height, power, and a good 40 lbs on him
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/16/07 11:11:14AM
why is PRIDE continuing to market James Thomson.....
Mastodon2
4/16/07 2:24:38PM
Id be lying if I said I was excited to hear that JT is fighting again
warglory
4/16/07 2:33:52PM
James Thompson knows how to put on a show, win or lose, that is the reason he keeps coming back.
D-Boy
4/16/07 3:01:58PM
War JT!
loller90278
4/16/07 3:05:50PM
why do people hate JT so much?
to me hes always entertaining and getting better and better with each fight
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/16/07 3:47:03PM

Posted by loller90278

why do people hate JT so much?
to me hes always entertaining and getting better and better with each fight

I guess I've grown a dislike for him ever since his fight with Aleks when he basically got clowned after his ridiculous staredown.

True he does put on a good show....like the same way two drunks fighting outside a bar are entertaining.

In anycase you know JT's fights don't go the distance so in that aspect hes really entertaining
Mastodon2
4/16/07 4:05:40PM
His ridiculous stare down with Aleks, and him talking himself up before the fight, only to get KTFO'd in MAJOR fashion, just made me take an instant, strong dislike to the guy.
JimiMak
4/16/07 4:19:55PM
Stop the hate. Who cares if he talks to himself or does a brutal staredown or blah blah blah, he does what he needs to get psyched for a fight. Wouldn't you need to get a little crazy to get in against Aleks? I can't wait til he gets more exposure in the US, he's a very marketable entertaining guy who puts on a show win or lose.

For those who don't understand watch this . KERAZZLE! WAR JT!
kerazzle
4/16/07 6:23:59PM

Posted by JimiMak

Stop the hate. Who cares if he talks to himself or does a brutal staredown or blah blah blah, he does what he needs to get psyched for a fight. Wouldn't you need to get a little crazy to get in against Aleks? I can't wait til he gets more exposure in the US, he's a very marketable entertaining guy who puts on a show win or lose.

For those who don't understand watch this . KERAZZLE! WAR JT!

Haha hell yea man. My video has been getting around lol. I like Thompson, hell he mentioned the James Thompson warwagon in hiis post fight interview and gave us props. He's a really nice guy and he's exciting. Why should we always have to support the fighters with unreal records.
PW
4/16/07 10:52:15PM
Thompson is great, he'll literally trade punches until he drops. He seems like a good guy with a good attitude for the sport and always comes to fight. His fights are always a lot of fun and his fights with Broughton and Fujita were both great fights.

Drago really needs a win in Pride and for that he needs someone that will trade with him. Thompson is that kind of guy but I think it would be smarter for him to take it to the ground and pound him out rather than give Drago the chance on his feet.
hippysmacker
4/17/07 2:37:00PM
Brawls are nice, but I still don't have much interest in this fight.
JimiMak
5/14/07 4:53:34PM
Can't wait til we get a date.....
Northrend
5/14/07 6:56:35PM
I used to hate JT but after seeing how good he is to his fans and how nice is actually is I learned to like him. And the DVD thing is pretty funny.
Stickan
5/14/07 7:51:15PM

Posted by Northrend

I used to hate JT but after seeing how good he is to his fans and how nice is actually is I learned to like him. And the DVD thing is pretty funny.

Exactly, same here. Name one fighter who actually brings up a particular fan or bandwagon in a post-fight interview.

JT is the man.
Svartorm
5/14/07 10:12:30PM
I feel the same way about JT as I feel about Tank Abbott, Krazy Horse, and those guys. Any time they're on a card, you've got a least one entertaining fight.

As for this fight, I've never seen Drago fight, but looking at his record, JT is way out of his league. You don't go from banging with lower tier fighters in small Brazilian orgs to fighting Pawel Nastula. Even if the guys hes fighting in Pride are the lower tiers of Pride, they're not cans either. Drago is at least in a good camp, but I can't see them giving him the tools to take out JT in this amount of time.

Then again, Soku was with Team Quest for all of a few months before beating Lil Nog.....
Sheddy
5/15/07 9:14:16AM
JT's bringing his big bag of punishment to this one.
Edsons gonna eat a few knees.
Sheddy
5/15/07 9:17:22AM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

why is PRIDE continuing to market James Thomson.....

You tell me why they shouldn't, then I'll tell you why they should.
FrankDukes
5/15/07 11:51:05AM
Edson will be in deep with this one. This will be a war.

We will see James work his way up the ranks of a slimming Pride roster.
FrankDukes
5/15/07 11:52:40AM
They market James because he is the last of a dieing breed. He fights with the strength of many men, and he just needs to put more gas in his tank to be at the top of his game.
EvilScott
5/15/07 11:09:30PM
Good find. It will give Edson a chance to finally show off his standup and JT a chance to fight someone toe to toe. GREAT MATCHUP!

Now if we only knew when the next Pride event was...