What is up with james thompson's EAR!!??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What is up with james thompson's EAR!!??
RampageOwnedYou
6/1/08 12:28:48AM
What was up with that?

I must say I have never seen a fighter with an ear that messed up. I thought they would stop the fight, before the fight began because of it.
emfleek
6/1/08 12:30:02AM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

What was up with that?

I must say I have never seen a fighter with an ear that messed up. I thought they would stop the fight, before the fight began because of it.

It looked like old lunch meat and like his entire ear was about to fall off at any time.
Twenty20Dollars
6/1/08 12:31:25AM
i guess that's what happens if you dont drain the fluid from your ear, i dont know but that was really effing gross!
joshjr
6/1/08 12:32:59AM
Guess you have not seen Randy Couture's ear lately. It may not be as bad but not to far from it and I think its both of Randy's ears. Thompson only had one that had califlower ear. No one said it was pretty but if you have watched MMA for awhile I think you have to have seen some of that already.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/1/08 12:35:32AM

Posted by joshjr

Guess you have not seen Randy Couture's ear lately. It may not be as bad but not to far from it and I think its both of Randy's ears. Thompson only had one that had califlower ear. No one said it was pretty but if you have watched MMA for awhile I think you have to have seen some of that already.

Randy's is bad but JT's is the worst i could imagine....it was flopping even when he wasnt getting hit
RampageOwnedYou
6/1/08 12:36:29AM

Sure thing newb!!
emfleek
6/1/08 12:49:04AM

Posted by joshjr
No one said it was pretty but if you have watched MMA for awhile I think you have to have seen some of that already.

I think we all know that.

But Thompson's ear was OBVIOUSLY in worse shape than 99% of fighters out there. For crying out loud, it was sagging.
juanez13
6/1/08 1:06:40AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by joshjr
No one said it was pretty but if you have watched MMA for awhile I think you have to have seen some of that already.

I think we all know that.

But Thompson's ear was OBVIOUSLY in worse shape than 99% of fighters out there. For crying out loud, it was sagging.

true........
see_you_in_hell_brat
6/1/08 1:19:25AM
the difference between JT's ear and most cauliflour ear is that regular cauliflour, although ugly, is hard. Not pretty, but not gross.

I thought mark coleman's tumor behind his ear was the worst thing ever. I was wrong.

JT's was like a floppy, overcooked ravioli. I'm kind of surprised he was allowed to fight like that. It was inevitable that it was going to blow up the way it did.
emfleek
6/1/08 1:21:06AM

Posted by see_you_in_hell_brat

JT's was like a floppy, overcooked ravioli. I'm kind of surprised he was allowed to fight like that. It was inevitable that it was going to blow up the way it did.

That could be the most disgusting analogy ever. Props!
Svartorm
6/1/08 1:22:14AM
I disagree and say it was the most delicious analogy ever.
roman
6/1/08 2:02:59AM

Posted by see_you_in_hell_brat

the difference between JT's ear and most cauliflour ear is that regular cauliflour, although ugly, is hard. Not pretty, but not gross.

I thought mark coleman's tumor behind his ear was the worst thing ever. I was wrong.

Well it just happened, that kind of califlour ear, it was a recent injury. I am impressived with how much it did not hurt him.
Aaronno9
6/1/08 2:25:40AM
Anybody got a picture? I just got home and missed the event, doesnt sound like i missed much though other than a few lame stoppages and jt bitch slapping a ref.
Svartorm
6/1/08 2:43:12AM
The slap was pretty damn funny. The funniest part of the whole fight though was when JT got uppercutted in the 2nd and made the most hilarious stunned face of all time.
holt8081
6/1/08 2:49:16AM
dude that thing was nasty
hippysmacker
6/1/08 2:52:22AM
That ear explosion , combined with the Seth Putrezelliziz popping on TUF 2, were 2 of the nastier things I've seen in MMA.
Pookie
6/1/08 2:54:01AM
Was it the earlobe that busted? Because it didnt look like it drained out at all, blood was down his face but that ear was still wobbling, It almost seemed like his eardrum busted.
Nacho
6/1/08 2:58:36AM
Thompson's ear was way beyond the common cauliflower variety we have seen in Randy Couture and Dan Henderson. This ear looked like it was 99% spent and only needed to touched to blow up into a bloody mess. Kimbo tagged it hard and I almost hurled. That was effing disgusting. CBS just scared away all of the newbies!
crazedfan
6/1/08 3:09:43AM
I don't understand why Thompson didn't have that thing drained. He had it during the weigh-ins, and he had to have had it at least a few days before. Surely it doesn't take that long to recover from draining a cauliflower ear, and even if it wouldn't be ready, just tape it up. In the end, it cost him the fight. I thought that fight was gonna be stopped before it even started because of it.
Kpro
6/1/08 3:10:36AM
Eddie Wineland's ear against Chase Beebe in the WEC Bantam-Weight title fight was much bloodier than that.
RampageOwnedYou
6/1/08 11:37:01AM
http://www.mmatko.com/james-thompsons-ear/

There ya go

2 pics of ear.....mmm anyone hungry yet?
Raykill
6/1/08 12:21:06PM
Yea it was pretty bad.
It looked like the steroids he takes just went straight to the ear.

He didnt look like the JT of old. I almost didnt think it was him.

I mean we expected this JT and we got this one.
It should have just been Kimbo's beard vs JT's ear

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Franklinfan47
6/1/08 1:20:35PM

Posted by crazedfan

I don't understand why Thompson didn't have that thing drained. He had it during the weigh-ins, and he had to have had it at least a few days before. Surely it doesn't take that long to recover from draining a cauliflower ear, and even if it wouldn't be ready, just tape it up. In the end, it cost him the fight. I thought that fight was gonna be stopped before it even started because of it.

Why have it drained when he got Kimbo to do it for free?

Seriously though. It was gross.
bls1919
6/1/08 7:38:19PM
That was nasty, i remember when the drained ROb emersons ear on TUF....nasty