James Irvin Tests Positive For Methadone and Oxymorphone

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » James Irvin Tests Positive For Methadone and Oxymorphone
Wolfenstein
7/29/08 6:49:49PM
Looks like all the fighters didn't come back clean.

Link
otacon279
7/29/08 6:51:45PM
lol

i love Oxymorphone
casketcoin
7/29/08 6:52:20PM
so that is why he didnt win
Kracker_Jap
7/29/08 6:53:53PM
Very upsetting
Sam_Rothstein
7/29/08 6:58:24PM
I know pain killers seem like a smart idea but im not sure why anyone would actually attempt this.

I love pain killers as much as the next man but I know damn well I wouldnt do too great in a fight while high off them

Bad move james, bad move
casketcoin
7/29/08 7:01:38PM
I dont think anybody is going to do good against Anderson Silva right now anyways drugs or know drugs. Sounds like a smart idea from Irvin. Fighting Anderson Silva and taking pain killers go together like Ketchup and French Fries
Sir_Karl
7/29/08 7:04:45PM
Methadone is synthetic Heroin.
Very odd Irvin had that in his system.
Maybe he was trying to numb himself before facing the Spider.
He really didn't get messed up though.
Compared to what Silva has done to opponents (namely Franklin)...Irvin came out of it pretty clean.
Not sure why Irvin would "try to sneak those by"...or corrupt his game with drugs...the disadvantages heavily outweigh the advantages....at all levels and no matter which way you look at it.
Every sport has people trying to sneak things by...to gain that advantage.
I say proper training, putting in hard work. and a positive attitude are the way to go.
Level playing field.
I think Irvin was the quintessential "deer in the headlights"...none of it mattered.

wrona666
7/29/08 8:03:07PM
How stupid do you have to be.....I just got one question for you James was it worth it......Obviously not, and it didnt seem to numb the pain much when Silva cracked his face open....I like the fetal position move it was very effective...
Jackelope
7/29/08 8:49:16PM
Wow seems like everyone is jumping to some strange conclusions here. It's more likely that he was injured going into the fight and took the pain killers as a way to ease that pain so he could continue training and fighting.
wolfman
7/29/08 8:58:28PM

Posted by Jackelope

Wow seems like everyone is jumping to some strange conclusions here. It's more likely that he was injured going into the fight and took the pain killers as a way to ease that pain so he could continue training and fighting.

Well said. Remember, he was unable to fight Rashad due to a broken foot injury...Maybe he re-injured his foot(wasn't 100% healed yet) or like Jackelope mentioned injured something else before the fight.
wolfman
7/29/08 9:00:41PM

Posted by wrona666

How stupid do you have to be.....I just got one question for you James was it worth it......Obviously not, and it didnt seem to numb the pain much when Silva cracked his face open....I like the fetal position move it was very effective...

BOO this man! I'd like to see you take a square shot right on the button like that and see how you react.
Jackelope
7/29/08 9:24:03PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by wrona666

BOO this man! I'd like to see you take a square shot right on the button like that and see how you react.

Some people seem to get testy around here at failed drug tests
holt8081
7/29/08 10:15:03PM
this is starting to get old
clintjack
7/29/08 10:22:04PM
Taking the Mark Kerr approach huh!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/29/08 10:32:58PM

LOL!!!!!!!!
saemskin
7/29/08 11:10:56PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

I know pain killers seem like a smart idea but im not sure why anyone would actually attempt this.

I love pain killers as much as the next man but I know damn well I wouldnt do too great in a fight while high off them

Bad move james, bad move

I wish you guys would stop implying that someone was high during the fight just because they had drugs in their system. All those substances stay in your system for various amounts of time and ALL of them are 3 days or more.
Bowen50
7/30/08 12:07:18PM
i honestly wouldn't care if i never saw James Irvin in the octagon again.
saemskin
7/30/08 1:35:02PM
not to mention that methadone is a substance addicts take to help ween them off opiates. It does not get you high.
itsfrankwhite
7/30/08 8:57:21PM
not exactly.
methadone does put you into a comatose like state.
Obviously numbing your body (and brain).
Which has a half life of 48 hours.
After the 48 hours the methadone starts to find its way out of the body.

No pain no gain.--literally , the exact slogan to be true
Rabi
7/31/08 6:37:06AM
Like somebody already said. He must have had an injury and used it to help him train.